1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Vertx gamut but smaller

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by CGRobert, May 21, 2015.

1. CGRobert

CGRobert Loaded Pockets

My quest continues...
    I ordered the gamut and it's a pretty big bag, bigger than I wanted. However I adore basically everything about it. The organization, the material the pockets. When my wife walked in on me snuggling it, I didn't even blush.
    I looked at the Vertx site and the next best thing seems to be the EDC commuter sling, does anyone have any experience with that bag? Is it very similar? Is the organization the same? Does anyone have suggestions to make?

PS don't tell my wife. o.0

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I would try packing the Gamut before deciding it is as big as it seems.

It may be the smaller bag you are looking for?

Really.

Rverdi likes this.
  3. Rverdi

Rverdi Loaded Pockets

EZDDog is spot on. The Gamut is a nicely laid out bag, but doesn't hold nearly what its size would lead you to believe it does. I like mine, a lot, but just stopped using it for that reason. I'll keep it, because it's so well laid out, but its capacity is limited.

4. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Same concern with me, I like its all unique features and can easily convert from tactical to covert look, and like what's been said, its the size! I'm barely 5'-6" and wearing this daily is like heading for a weekend trip each time. For EDC, anything within 18"x12"x6" is the best manageable specially when you need to haggle for space in the train or bus. I have to be honest though that a 20% sale will definitely be a strike so I'm constantly watching.

5. CGRobert

CGRobert Loaded Pockets

I was reminded today why I just really really prefer a sling pack. I swapped my gear over to the gamut, and I love it. But I carry my firearm at 4:30. Which means the backpack bottom edge is riding on my gun handle, basically sitting on it. =\
    I'm a big boy so appendix carry is out of the question.

6. Whiteswoodworks

Whiteswoodworks Loaded Pockets

They are coming out with a 2nd generation of bags soon. Including the edc ready bag.

1 person likes this.
  7. Stinson12

Stinson12 Loaded Pockets

They really need to put better mesh on the inside pockets. I had the gamut plus for about 2 months and my mesh already tore. To my surprise when I emailed them about it they told me I could send it in assuming they would just ship me a new bag instead they just gave me a full refund. Anyone else have problems with the mesh inside their Vertx bag?

8. geostation

geostation Loaded Pockets

any previews ?

9. Whiteswoodworks

Whiteswoodworks Loaded Pockets

Loaded pocketz has some pics on his website.