1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by mbs4298, Jan 11, 2011.

1. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

I'm waiting until my 2 year contract ends...hopefully a new iPhone comes out!

2. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

dont worry… at the rate Apple releases new products im sure at least three new models will have been released by then!

3. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Don't be fooled by specs: they hardly ever tell the full story. The iPhone4's camera is sharper, has better dynamic range, and has better focus. http://www.bgr.com/2010/06/28/image-iphone-4-v-droid-x/

4. LumberJack

LumberJack Empty Pockets

To clear up some misinfo:

Apple releases a new iPT/iPhone every year during the summer.
    Verizon iPhone 4 is identical to the user, it has some minor upgrades to fit verizon and remove the death grip.
    It's unlikely the iPhone 5 will have 4G, AT&T will still have very little coverage at that time, and a good bit of tweaking will be required to run it on Verizon's 4G.
    And MPs definitely do not declare camera quality. I got a c901 (5mp camera) that beats out my sister's Kodak 10mp camera. MP just declares image size, not quality and accuracy of each pixel.

5. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Actually the iPods are refreshed during September, after the back to school Mac + free iPod promotion ends.

iPhones are refreshed every year in the summer, as you allude to.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

6. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

What might make me switch is that the verizon iPhone will let you connect four devices to the Internet. Hopefully the competition will force ATT to offer teathering for free.

7. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

Verizon charges for tethering.

8. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Well, Verizon charges $40/mo for 5GB of wireless tethering and AT&T charges $20/mo for 0GB of wired tethering.

Verizon's wireless data plan is $30/mo for unlimited mobile data and AT&T's wireless data plan is $25/mo for 2GB data. The thing to note here is if you pay AT&T the extra $20/mo for tethering, the tethered data comes out of your 2GB mobile data allotment, not out of a separate allotment like with Verizon

So if you use it frequently, Verizon's a better deal, but if you use less frequently AT&T is the better of the bunch.

Either way, greedy carriers are greedy. What else is new?

9. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

Verizon charges a $15 tether fee on the small plan. Unless you have Android and do <insert mildy unethical act here>

10. jproctor

jproctor Loaded Pockets

I upgraded to DroidX in Oct 2010 so when 2 years are up and all the bugs that are inevitable are worked out I'll get the Verizon iphone :)

I love my DroidX but get jealous of my buddies iphone cause he streams Netflix and my Droid can't :(

Can't wait to hear some reviews from you guys!

11. vipers

vipers Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately it's still saddled with Itunes which I won't ever put on any system again. I could rant about my experience with Itunes at length but then I might start rocking and remembering the painful manual uninstallation process that took hours. It was more painful to remove than most malware.

Verizon is a big step up for the Iphone in my mind. Having to jailbreak to get apps without installing Itunes is still an issue no matter the carrier.

12. Crude

Crude Loaded Pockets

Verizon is in the process of changing EVERYTHING about their plans right now. Nothing seems to be staying the same. I would bet that by 2012 Verizon will have data caps like at&t. Something is brewing. I will likely take 4 lines to Sprint before the end of the year at this rate.

13. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Samsung Galaxy S with custom ROM. Faster, smoother, more storage capacity and an open source OS with a rapidly expanding marketplace. Drag and drop music files. Oh, and half the price of an iPhone.

After I bought an iPod classic, and iTunes RUINED a whole heap of my music folders by compiling mixes and albums into folders that weren't even similar, never again will I line the pockets of Mr Apple. Fashion over function. At a cost.

14. Judochop

Judochop Loaded Pockets

I have a Blackberry Tour and while I love it, I hope Verizon works out the kinks of their data services. I mean, I've never had a dropped call from Verizon, but web surfing takes FOREVER! I hope it'll be able to upgrade by the time the iphone comes out.

15. spiritof76

spiritof76 Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't hold my breath for LTE (what people are calling 4G here) in the iPhone 5. The technology and network are in its infancy. The chipsets use too much power, the network is available in only a handful of cities today and nobody has even created a standard for voice traffic on LTE, so early LTE phones have to be hybrids, using both LTE and CDMA/GSM networks. The original iPhone didn't use 3G even though it was available in a lot more places than LTE is today. Likewise, Apple will not use LTE until they can do it right in an iPhone, namely with good battery life, small form factor, network service available in more locations, etc. Summer 2012 at the earliest.

16. spiritof76

spiritof76 Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure that's Verizon's fault. Blackberries are known to have the worst web browser of all smartphones.

17. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Netflix for android is coming .... Although I do love being able to stream from my iPhone 4 .... Im curious to see how better the reception is with them moving the antenna on the Verizon iPhone (for CDMA) ... My service now sucks and I drop calls every day ... But if I did switch to Verizon it would be to get an android phone. I would get one on ATT but the Captivate sucks in my opinon and no 2.2 yet for it ... I owned it for a bit, then went back to the iPhone ....

18. jproctor

jproctor Loaded Pockets

I've heard rumors of streaming netflix on Droid for months now. I hope you're right though :)

19. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Loaded Pockets

I am very happy with my Droid Incredible...I get frustrated sometimes with how limited my iPod touch UI is...so, I don't think the iPhone is in my future....my daughter on the other hand wants one...