1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Vehicle EDC

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by mattchef, May 7, 2016.

1. mattchef

mattchef Loaded Pockets

I have been wanting to have a dedicated vehicle gun for a while. I have finally come across a deal I could not pass up. I picked up a PSA pistol lower for a great price. Now the search for uppers begins. Thinking it will be a 10.5 upper with red dot. Curious to see(pics please)what everyone has. Here is a pic of half a pistol.

[​IMG]

2. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

I had a Noveske 8" 300 pistol in my truck, but decided it wasn't the best choice for me. Switched to an 18" 870 with sock cut back to be youth length.

3. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

if you go for a short 5.56... 10.3" MK18 SBR shown... seriously consider a linear comp like the LeVang to direct the blast away from you

[​IMG]

mattchef likes this.
  4. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Kahr k9. Seven loaded mags

Jake

5. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

Why an AR pistol if you don't mind me asking? In what scenario do you see this being used? What kind of vehicle will it be in and how will it be stored, e.g. in the trunk, loaded or unloaded, assembled or kept in halves? What caliber have you chosen and why are you leaning towards a 10.5" barrel? I ask these questions as I've been looking at how I do and carry things and I like to know what others are thinking and the reasoning behind it.

I read a pretty interesting article in Dillon's Blue Press recently about the .300 Blackout in AR pistol form, which is what got me thinking about things. My truck has always been where I've EDC'd most of my stuff as it becomes an epicenter for me in most scenarios when I'm away from my home.

victograph likes this.
  6. mattchef

mattchef Loaded Pockets

I choose the AR pistol for its size. I would like to sbr it at some point but today it stays as a pistol. I also wanted another ar.

In the past when i traveled i tried to take more than just a pistol on long trips but i didnt have a good way to conceal one due to its size. I have an area in my suv that can not only conceal but also secure a ar pistol completly assembled.

I also looked at the .300 blackout but in the end i decided to stick with a caliber i already have. I know the equipment is very similar and interchangeble but i already have so much invested in .223/5.56 it just seemed to make sense to stick with it.

I choose 10.5 as seems to keep the best balistics/function for the platform. Atleast thats what google fu said.

As far as scenarios go self defense, :censored:, zombie apocolapse. All of which im sure will happen when im far away from home. My vehicle is also the epicenter when away from home.

7. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I completely understand wanting to stick with a platform/caliber you've already invested in. I too have also gone back and forth on the AR pistol vs. SBR. However, just the paperwork involved with crossing state lines with an NFA registered item is enough to deter me from the SBR route.

mattchef and patientcero like this.
  8. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

what grayman said about crossing state lines... I SBR'd my pistol to get around misunderstanding associated with the BATFE change of rulings on the pistol stabilizing braces... look at the longer KAK industries buffer tube, as I can shoulder mine without any questionable handle device that would fall under "changing it's intended use"... at this time they say that whether the firearm is shouldered or not does not determine whether it is a pistol or rifle... that is subject to change

9. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

This is why AR pistols and Tavors are so popular as truck guns now.

mattchef likes this.
  10. mattchef

mattchef Loaded Pockets

Thats some good points! I appreciate the replys!