1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Valtcan Titanium pen ?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Millman55, Feb 21, 2019.

1. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

Awesome piece of history! Thanks for sharing.

2. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

First off, apologies for the off-topicness (again), yet wanted to update about something I noticed recently, which was relevant to the thread before (well, sorta, at least it was relevant to my tangent in it, lol)...

See, I've wanted a writing instrument with a tungsten carbide finish for a while (actually almost 15 years before the previous post), and, guess what? I often check out the ks projects for new writing instrument campaigns with the (shortened url) https://j.mp/ksPens search, yet I actually found this project when searching for the term, "tungsten".

Not sure if the Wingback items have been mentioned here before, yet the project creator's brought 'em back, all new & improved-like. Now with a Black Steel finish (actually, a tungsten carbide carbon finish, and Black Steel is the look of it)! :D

The subheading/title for the project says it's:

(Personalised) everyday essentials with a tungsten carbide surface that's 3.5x harder than titanium.

I mean, that's pretty much what I was hopin' for with the previous post, so I thought it was kinda nifty! Oh, and I just put the "personalised" bit in parentheses since it's a cool extra, yet wanted to focus in on the other details I liked. Unlike the BOMAPen, which ended up actually abrading the other metal objects in the pocket when I attempted to carry it with some coins and keys, I think it'd be great if the Black Steel Wingback writing instrument'll be able to handle bein' a daily driver carried in a pocket and not get scratched up or scratch other stuff. (From a bluish Genie which looks a lot like that Fresh Prince: "Wish granted!" :p Oh actually, I think Manny tells Sid that particular quote in Ice Age... Huh, mixed-up references...)

Anyway, wasn't sure if I should make a new thread about these Black Steel items, so just sorta hijackin' (temporarily) this thread to bring up something mentioned earlier, at least...

:cool:

echo victor likes this.
  3. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Will at Tactile Turn makes phenomenal pens!