1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Valiant Concepts Pen

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by jwalker497, Jan 6, 2009.

1. sld

sld Loaded Pockets

I'm getting ready to order another Valiant pen, this one for my wife, and a couple of clips and refills. Which size clip do you folks prefer?

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

15mm in my opinion is too small. I like the 20mm while some others prefer 25mm.

3. vrocco

vrocco Loaded Pockets

OK review and pictures of the McGizmo clips for the Valiant Concepts pen. First of all we have a picture of the 3 smallest clip sizes (15mm, 20mm, 25mm) next to the pen with a quarter for size reference.
    [img width=640 height=480]http://www.pawestrecruiting.com/vnc/clip/mcgizmo1.jpg[/img]

Wanting the smallest total package on my keychain, I immediately ruled out the 25mm. It just makes the pen hang down farther than I want. I tried the 15mm:
    [img width=640 height=480]http://www.pawestrecruiting.com/vnc/clip/mcgizmo2.jpg[/img]

And then I tried the 20mm:
    [img width=640 height=480]http://www.pawestrecruiting.com/vnc/clip/mcgizmo3.jpg[/img]

I have been carrying the 15mm on my keychain for about a week now. I like the size. I have average sized hands (not real small, not big and beefy). If your hands are bigger, you may find it too small. The only concern I have about the 15mm size is that the spring wire that forms the gate is considerably thinner than on the bigger ones. This results in it not taking as much pressure to open the gate and the possibility of it working it's way off your keychain. The 20mm clip offered much more resistance and would stay closed a lot better.

Like I said before, I have been carrying the 15mm for about a week now and it has yet to open or work its way off the keychain, but I still worry that might be possible.

I chose to attach the clip to my pen and then clip it on the keychain like this:
    [img width=640 height=480]http://www.pawestrecruiting.com/vnc/clip/mcgizmo4.jpg[/img]

However, you could also attach the clip to the keychain and then clip on your pen like this:
    [img width=640 height=480]http://www.pawestrecruiting.com/vnc/clip/mcgizmo5.jpg[/img]

At any rate, these little clips are useful. I am sure I will find uses for the other two that I didn't attach to my pen. (Note: I found the 25mm just slightly too small to hold my G3 Prybaby). I want to thank Jon for hooking me up with the extra clip so I could conduct this research. If anyone has any questions, post them here and I will do my best to answer.

4. ousanas

ousanas Loaded Pockets

yeah, I like the 25mm/26mm ti's. I have several 20 and 25's, but I have big/beefy hands (XL gloves are usually ok, but a bit tight). The 20's are just a bit too small, I will probably eventually change out all my 20's with 25's.

5. vrocco

vrocco Loaded Pockets

Update my last post with review and pics of clips.

6. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Be careful with the 15 mm ones, one fine day you can find the gate missing from the clip. I almost lost my Arc that way. I feel much more secure with the 20 mm clips.

7. sld

sld Loaded Pockets

Thanks to Vrocco and the others for the review and information. Looks like the 20 mm may be the best match. I'll try it anyway.

Update: I ordered a couple of the Valiant Concepts Pens and some 20 and 25 MM McGizmo clips. They arrived last Saturday, I don't know how Jon got them here that fast, must be friends with the postmaster ;).

I put one of the 20 MM on one and it seems like it should work fine, although I would not want one any smaller. The wife chose the 25 MM for hers. Seems a bit big for the pen but it is easier to unclip.

8. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

I ordered mine yesterday (and the day before that but that was a computer glitch). Jon is a great guy to deal with. When the payment system glitched and charged me twice (kind of my fault really), he caught the error, refunded the second payment and e-mailed me to let me know what was going on before I even knew something was amiss.

Great communications and I can't wait for my pen to arrive.

I will deal with this guy again I'm sure. Hey, he owns this forum and supports it so you know his heart's in the right place.

9. lovecraft47

lovecraft47 Empty Pockets

I've had my ss VCP for several days and it's been great. It's definately the pen to get if you want something that will never wear out.

10. ErnestS

ErnestS Loaded Pockets

+1 on the VC EDC Pen. I got the titanium version and am very impressed. It's the perfect size for keychain carry and is extremely sturdy.

11. lovecraft47

I would love a full size one of these pens in the future.

12. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

+1 for a full size =]

13. Dizos
    • +1 Supporter

Dizos Loaded Pockets

A 4" version sized to take a full sized Fisher refill would be perfect for me.

14. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

4" to full size just a little bit bigger so I can replace my regular pens with it.

15. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

The tiny pens have been moving very well lately. I have gotten some email feedback from people that say they are very happy with them ;D

16. lovecraft47

Definately Jon. I love mine. Use it pretty often too. It's size hasn't been a hindrance, and I'm 6'5".