1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Utility of prying, what do you use your prybar for?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by projectdp, Jan 19, 2007.

1. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I am also one who has historically doubted the utility of a pry tool, especially the exotic ones. Out of pure "EDC Addiction", I finally gave in and bought a cheap one, a Nite Ize Doohickey, and put it on my key ring. I've used it a few times, when I remembered I even had it, but usually it just hangs there. It does open boxes (sort of) when I don't have a my knife (which is never), but I would say the most I've used it for is opening the occasional beer. As another member noted, it's not heavy so it's basically a zero penalty to carry really. Someday it may come in handy and save my bacon, and I guess that's good enough for me, but I don't anticipate going out and dropping a Benjamin on a pry bar anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong, they do look cool, and some of them are works of art, so there's that I guess.

Sorry if I offended anyone, just being honest. I've always been a very strong proponent of using the right tool for the job, and I would almost always opt for a larger more functional bar before I would use a keychain type tool. My tools work brutally hard (as I expect them to), and I believe in buying good quality tools for this reason.

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

"Different strokes for different folks."