1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

UTILITY KNIVES...ANYONE?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by sliverhawk, Feb 16, 2015.

1. sliverhawk

sliverhawk Loaded Pockets

Now i know what you are talking about. I am not sure what i think about that blade, looks as though it may be a little uncomfortable in the hand under pressure. But it gets my vote just for being a utility knife made from Ti, have not had the pleasure of owning one yet. Infact if the price is correct i doubt i ever will.

Sriracha and Brtsmpsn like this.
  2. wabash

wabash Loaded Pockets

what is the name or brand? just for kicks, I will look for it on France's ebay site.

utilitaire couteau

Gilatabar and Brtsmpsn like this.
  3. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

The brand is Dexter, sold in Leroy Merlin stores. I believe the model is "Couteau 2 lames 180mm"

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  4. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

I have a Rexford RUT, can't see wanting to use it in a warehouse all day, but it is a cool little knife, I will throw some pics up later.

sliverhawk, vegassprky and Gilatabar like this.
  5. wabash

wabash Loaded Pockets

thanks

I found it on the Leroy Merlin website (.fr)

approximately 9 euro

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  6. sliverhawk

That would be awesome mate, I just have one question regarding this blade. Can it take any utility blade? Otherwise I agree, it does look well engineered. And who can dislike something that looks that nice made from Ti?!!!

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  7. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Just a regular utility blade nothing special.

[​IMG]

johnny five, Sriracha and sliverhawk like this.
  8. sliverhawk

The non folding utility blade collection, the work dogs and beaters! APOLOGIES FOR THE POOR PHOTO QUALITY.[​IMG]

9. meds081603
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

meds081603 Loaded Pockets

My vote is the fastback 2. I use utility blades a lot at work and home as well.

sliverhawk and Brtsmpsn like this.
  10. nyckmc

nyckmc Loaded Pockets

Use these utility knives exclusively at work - have used a bunch of them over the years.
    EAB husky, superknife, craftsman etc.
    Thanks for this pic- this is one of the best ones Ive used.

11. sliverhawk

is the fastback 2, the one that can hold blades onboard, or is it the knife with the proper blade, that cannot be replaced?

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  12. sliverhawk

It was on my mind all weekend, i managed to hold off till last night. But i now have one of these on the way in. I am not sure the boss is going to agree with the price though.

13. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

:unsure: I should have told you that one is in the BST right now. I like it, it just doesn't get carried enough by me.

sliverhawk and vegassprky like this.
  14. sliverhawk

Please excuse my ignorance, BST?

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  15. Dorian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dorian EDC Junkie!!!

Buy, sell, & trade.

16. sliverhawk

Scored a mini cutter from a Bro to add to the collection!! Not NIB but still pretty cool.[​IMG][​IMG]

17. meds081603
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

meds081603 Loaded Pockets

in his picture it is the red milwaukee. I believe the pic is the original fastback though. The fastback 2 has replaceable blades and holds an extra blade.

sliverhawk likes this.
  18. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

quietconundrum EDC Junkie

I use the same Dewalt folder (DW10035) pictured, having tried various others in the past (Klein, Irwin, Husky, Greenlee, Craftsman). The main advantage the Dewalt has over all the others I've tried is the quality control and balance (very solidly constructed with no body flex or cheap-o action), but most importantly is the fact that when opened, the blade remains retracted. I find myself using the DW10035 almost exclusively one-handed on my jobs, and being able to have it safely at the ready until I actually need the blade is key. How do you like the Dewalt? Do you recommend any others that have these same qualities?

19. sliverhawk

I would have to say that you would be right. If you are after a safe knife that offers many advantages over others, then you could not go past the Dewalt. It holds spare blades, has a wire stipper and is retractable. It works well one handed, and the construction of this knife is very solid and reliable. I think it came with a Lifetime warranty, may have to check that. The Fatmax Stanley is right next to it in the pic, is the exact same knife minus the brand. My pic out of the lot is the Irwin FK250, has a wire stripper, holds spare blades, carrys a driver bit holder that is interchangeable, plus has a carriage on board for another bit like a hex key or allen driver bit. This is very handy, for my line of work, almost as handy has a regular MT. It also has a liner lock, which works well one handed, it is not retractable though. I do not use it as much these days because i carry a Leatherman at work, aswell as a SAK, i just needed a good, hardworking utility knife. That is why i EDC a Kincrome at work, has a a great Blade lock mech and a nice Alox style finish. What more do you need? My last Kincrome was a great knife too, it carried spare blades and had a nice rubbery thumb pad for extra pressure when cutting thick material, that would have to be my only neg about the current version, no thumb pad. But that is not a real downside, given how well this knife can perform without it.

20. dork

dork Loaded Pockets

Nice collection! I heard that front-loading folders tend to lock up after time. Is that true? I'd really like one but am hesitant.

Sent from my mind to your mind through the sorcery of language.

Brtsmpsn likes this.