1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

USPS confuses me

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by JonSidneyB, Mar 29, 2011.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Bullet Delivered, March 29, 2011, 9:11 am, NICHOLASVILLE, KY 40356
    Bullet Arrival at Post Office, March 29, 2011, 7:18 am, NICHOLASVILLE, KY 40356
    Bullet Return to Sender, March 28, 2011, 12:45 pm, NICHOLASVILLE, KY
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, March 28, 2011, 5:28 am, LEXINGTON, KY 40511
    Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, March 26, 2011, 6:56 pm, TULSA, OK 74141
    Bullet Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 26, 2011
    Bullet Acceptance, March 26, 2011, 1:06 pm, PONCA CITY, OK 74601

Notice the third line down. Return to Sender? Then it gets delivered the next day.

I don't know why it would get a return to Sender. I called and complained about it and the problem seemed to get fixed, they say they don't know why this happened.

2. UnivTex34

UnivTex34 Loaded Pockets

I despise USPS.....

3. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I had an item I bought from another member from Canada get tracked. When I checked on it, one of the lines said that it was being transfered to the receipiants new address in another city that I never lived in. I go and get the ball rolling thinking someone just stole my stuff when the next day I get the item. [​IMG]

4. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker Loaded Pockets

I've never really had a problem with USPS personally, but I can't stand UPS. They "delivered" a package that required a signature (a $900 Canon DSLR) and they left it on the porch (in a box that was clearly from Canon). When we looked to see why they didn't ask for a signature, it WAS signed by nobody in our neighborhood (fake signature). I was home all that day and they never even knocked. Wasn't happy.

5. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Just send your stuff with a pigeon instead; they charge a flap fee ;D

6. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

Workers at some smaller sort facilities and PO's have to use the hand scanners, and mistakes happen....I have had packages mis-scanned in my dinky little PO, marked accepted, delivered, and then started its journey on.....We're only Human

7. NCBirdHunter

NCBirdHunter Loaded Pockets

I really like USPS Priority Mail service. It blows away UPS and FedEx Ground Service from a cost and time-in-transit standpoint. I live in NC and when I order stuff from Cutlery Shoppe in ID, I get it via USPS Priority Mail in 1-2 days; I get stuff from LA Police Gear (and other companies) in CA in 2 days. UPS & FedEx Ground Service would take 5 business days (7 actual days) for these same shipments (from ID/CA to NC) and would cost more.

Personally, I prefer to sacrifice a bit of detail in the tracking information for a service that gets me my goods within 1-2 days, even when coming from the opposite coast of the US (and I don't really need that much detail tracking if I know I'm going to get my stuff that quickly).

8. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

I like this one but I think there's a severe weight limit with this service hehe!!!!!

9. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

You gotta watch those Nicholasville folks. They aren't right.

10. mrpink

mrpink Banned

ive had similar strange occurrences show up on my tracking. only thing i like is that they deliver on saturdays with no extra cost. i would like them more if the mailman in our area got the mail to our house earlier than 4-5pm...

11. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I don't follow the USPS tracking as they don't seem to keep it up to date. A couple of weeks ago the mailman not the regular delivered mail to my house from a 1/2 mile away same street but my address is 5624 and the other house was 5424 and completely different name. How do you screw up both at the same time. UPS on the other hand leaves packages by the garage door when if they walked another 10 fet could put the package on a semi protected porch instead of in the snow and rain.

12. SFSRVN

SFSRVN Loaded Pockets

Personally, I don't mind any of the delivery services. I'm happy I'm even able to view the tracking. Not so long ago, when an order was placed, processing time was 4-6 weeks. Most of the time, I would forget I even made the order until surprise, I finally received the order. I think we're all a bit spoiled in this microwave society.

13. jwrickma24

jwrickma24 Empty Pockets

love usps until its off by a day or two then i hate it lol

14. Xapalambos

Xapalambos Loaded Pockets

I have had some sticky issues with UPS. A missing TAG-HEUER watch returned from service in N.J. went missing off my front porch. There was a signature for delivery, but it wasnt me! I had a couple of guitars damaged that were shipped in ATA FLIGHT CASES!!
    Numerous damaged motorcycle parts when I ran the bike shop, but this is over the course of HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of shipments.
    I guess statistically it isn't bad, but when it is an important or irreplaceable piece it kind of stinks.
    USPS as of late has been pretty good. I don't watch tracking ever.