1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Uses for battery packs

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by dimeotane, Dec 5, 2015.

1. dimeotane

dimeotane Loaded Pockets

I like the idea of having power on the go carry a little 5000mah pack right now for boosting my phone.
    But other than boosting your phone what do you use your USB battery packs for? Are there any other creative and interesting things you can do with these things?

There's all kinds of USB packs for sale now which are much larger and less expensive. But before I buy my next one I want to consider my options first.

2. FlyersFanJV

FlyersFanJV Loaded Pockets

I have 26800mah Anker battery pack that I use to recharge my phone, tablets, ect. I also use it to power my bluetooth speaker when out and want the music to last for awhile, and I'm thinking of getting a Macbook that uses USB-C, so it'll be rechargeable over the battery pack as well.

3. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Mine charge everything when I'm not near and outlet. I actually took one of my smaller packs that doesn't get a lot of use and routed some wires through an old backpack to essentially turn the backpack into a mobile charging station. More of a "thing to do to see if it was useful on a rainy afternoon," and it worked. I just can't bring myself to cut holes in my nicer bags.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Sriracha, DESTRO and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  4. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

I use it for my phone most of the time but I have a petzl Tikka r+ with a rechargeable battery that need a little boost when out in the woods or fishing from time to time

Skickat från min SM-G850F via Tapatalk

DESTRO and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  5. theirishboxer

theirishboxer Loaded Pockets

carry a 10000mAh pack that i use for charging my phone and Bluetooth headphones

DESTRO and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  6. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I have a USB charger that comes in a small case with several different adapters. This is a stock photo of one similar to mine:

[​IMG]

With the adapter selection I can use the charger for a wide variety of devices and can recharge the battery in a wall outlet or with a USB port.

theirishboxer likes this.
  7. chmsam

chmsam Loaded Pockets

Aside from phones & Bluetooth gizmos there are more and more USB devices now, like USB rechargeable fashlights.

I went to the vet with some friends. They always say I'm a sick puppy.

8. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

There are many good ones. Here are the ones that I like the best:
    • Tiny and flat: Travelcard (1500 mAh) $39 from them directly
    • Small, stick-like form factor: Limefuel Blast L25X (2500 mAh) $15 from Amazon
    • Medium-sized, flat and good for laptop bag: Dark Energy Reservoir (8000 mAh) looks like it's discontinued
    • Big and beefy: Limefuel LP200X (20000 mAh) looks like it's discontinued
    I have no affiliation with any seller or manufacturer of USB battery packs.

9. Jfin

Jfin Empty Pockets

I recently downsized to a charger that uses a single 18650 battery. That way I can charge up the battery pack and charge my phone, etc. Or I can swap out with my 18650 flashlight. I can even use my flashlight battery to charge my phone. Commonality!

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

10. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Of course I have used mine to charge my phone and headset on the go. I also have a plug in light from xiaomi that came in handy during a power outage.

Cobra 6 Actual and theirishboxer like this.
  11. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I use mine to charge my phone and headset.

I also use it to keep other USB accessories topped up when i am away from home (traveling for work)

Ikea also make a little usb powered lamp, i keep a pair in my bag, and my battery pack will happily run both for a few hours - handy when working in the dark.

Cobra 6 Actual and theirishboxer like this.
  12. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Phone, Suunto Ambit watch, Bluetooth headphones ... virtually anything with a USB charger.

13. FeeSimpleAbsolute

FeeSimpleAbsolute Loaded Pockets

I'll be driving to another state for this Christmas, and I have three battery packs I'll be splitting between a phone or two (my new phone has a much better battery than the last, but still), a tablet, and some bluetooth speakers. I can charge stuff with the car, too, of course, but this way I can spread it out over several devices and have more charging capacity (since I have no outlets in the car; it's not cool enough).

14. swatpup102

swatpup102 Loaded Pockets

I purchased an XT power 10,000 mAh pack with 9V and 12V capability from Amazon.

It not only is my go to for mobile recharging, but it also works to run 12v auto accessories in the event the battery craps out at a bad time. tested using my CB radio and mobile scanner, and was able to broadcast on the stock CB with good reports. I monitored a local situation on a uniden digital base scanner for a few hours with no problems. It can also charge my Baofeng UV-82 radio if needed. I have it as an emergency power system that is ultra portable.

They also make battery pack models that can act as a vehicle jumper.

Fishin Fool likes this.
  15. Downwind

Downwind Empty Pockets

I have the exact same unit and love it. I use it every day to power my computer, keep my phone topped up and even charge my smart watch. I live in earthquake country and it will be the ultimate emergency power supply if I need it.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  16. js27mw11

js27mw11 Loaded Pockets

I have a RAVPower 13000mAh for my phone when the power goes out, traveling, or on the trail.

smokingfish and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  17. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I use a 16000 mah ravpower, and got myself an anker, maybe 21000 mah.

They're great for our energy needy phones and stuff. Mostly phone and my vapes.

18. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

Can't remember where, probably that big A place, but I saw one claiming that you could jump your car with it.

19. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

There are a few on the market that claim to be able to jump start a vehicle,.....I wonder which one is the best.

20. Day Tripper

Day Tripper Loaded Pockets

I've used mine to power a USB light, and a small USB desk fan before. It worked really good on both.