1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

USB Rechargeable Pen Lights: Are they any good?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by emptypie, Feb 11, 2018.

1. emptypie

emptypie Empty Pockets

Looking for a slim pen light; the ability to recharge and not use AAA seems alluring but do they last? I'm not concerned about super brightness or tactical prowess. Just want to know if the batteries last after a few years of use?

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I don't have any pen lights that are rechargeable, but I have been using NiteCore Tube lights for several years -- these recharge via USB from my laptop. Never had a problem.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Im not even aware of any AAA charging penlights other than the Streamlights?

I don't know any reason they would not be exactly as reliable as any other recharging battery though?

Obviously you can always just take batteries out of any light for recharging too.

4. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

I have a Wuben pen. The battery is replaceable, not proprietary. I don't like the loose threads of the interface, though. I have to back out the head so far to turn it off, that it feels like the head could drop off the light. That hasn't happened yet.
    Other than that, it's s great light. Wide beam on this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

emptypie likes this.