1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Urban Messenger?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ran23, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I have a khaki Operator, but it is a big big on my 5' 8" frame. I was looking for a low key, black bag similar to the Last Resort Tactical or full flap cover Messenger. Outside bottle carry is a nice touch. This would be daily use with the wife. ideas?

2. MadManBro

MadManBro Loaded Pockets

Have you looked at Jack Spade? I love mine.
    No outside water bottle though, and I am 6'3" so any size comparison is going to be useless.
    Still it's a helluva messenger bag. Good luck in finding a perfect match

3. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Good looking bags, even $175 is out of my range. thanks.

4. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Today I saw a few Timbuktu's around. Looks like a winner, need to research that a bit. Guess there are no outside bottle holders on them.

5. DannyX

DannyX Loaded Pockets

Check out Seagull`s bags... they are real messenger bags, one of the few companies (unlike Timbuk2 and Chrome) that still run as a "garage" operation (in the US).
    I own one (standard "black bag"), they are affordable and super rugged with extremely high capacities. Again, no outside bottle.

http://seagullbags.com/bags/blackbags/

6. gadgeteer

gadgeteer Loaded Pockets

Seagull will do custom work, so you could get them to add a pocket for a water bottle. I'm currently having them make me a bag that I'll be reviewing on my site. I'm excited to see how it will turn out. I'm a big fan of Timbuk2 bags, so I'm anxious to see if it will become my new everyday bag.

Julie Strietelmeier
    http://the-gadgeteer.com

7. mud390

mud390 Loaded Pockets

My Timbuk2 messenger has one water bottle holder on the outside. It will hold a 20oz bottle, but not much more. My bag is several years old though. I figured they would have carried the water bottle holder on in their line?!

8. Dok J

Dok J Loaded Pockets

The North Face Base Camp, no bottle holder, not tacticool, good organization, water resistant...
    I use a L size and we are the same height (around 5' 8").

9. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

you will like http://bagaboo.hu/

custom made

i have a black/green interior & i can say these guys are the most competent makers i had the joy to deal with. very friendly & professional and the quality of those bags is superior. i own some other messengers (timbuk2, etc) but bagaboo is the top of the list....

noth and ran23 like this.
  10. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

On my search, REI came up a few times. they are opening a store in my city soon. Will hold off till then. North Face seemed to be out of stock right now. thanks all.

11. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I'm buying a Mountain Smith small Messenger to try, from the forum. all black. One outide bottle pocket.

12. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use a "Lowepro Passport Sling" as my EDC bag, it´s really cheap, black and has a outside bottle pouch. Two smaller pockets on the inside and its also made with a zipper so it can extract itself to fit more stuff. The camera compartment can be removed also. :)

13. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

14. Colt0208

Colt0208 Loaded Pockets

In the same boat. Looking for a messenger to tote around all my edc stuff, ipad, and college books..... Just came across Mission Workshop and really liking the Monty or Rummy..... Chrome looks like a candidate too though....

15. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Well, REI. Just dropped into the new REI in town. Who makes their inhouse bags? It was $56 for a nice medium messenger that would fit my ideas.

16. Itsjust_Jed

Itsjust_Jed Empty Pockets

If you like Timbuk2, you might want to check out Rickshaw Bagworks Zero. The founder of Timbuk2 started Rickshaw and they make some slick bags, albeit without a bottle pocket on the outside. US made, customizable and a lifetime warranty. Here's mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Timbuk2 looked well made but were short and fat. Even a 27 KK was too tall. My forum purchase will arrive soon, will try it out first. thanks all.

18. pawn

pawn Loaded Pockets

Does nobody recommend the 5.11 delivery messenger bag? I bought one a few weeks ago, it has two outside water bottle pockets. I like it a bunch. I'm 5'8" or so, 155 pounds, and it's not too bad size wise - it holds my laptop, etc.. for work nicely. The "luggage" slot on the back slides over the sissy bar on my motorcycle nicely, and then I strap it down from there. They run about 80$.

19. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

REI bags are most likely made in Asia.

ran23 likes this.
  20. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

If you want a classy hand made waterproof bag that will fit an ipad, you should take a look at a Billingham Hadley Pro / Large shoulderbag. They're just exquisite, got one myself but i have the "207" for my photography gear.