1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Update on Evade 2.0 and start of the wait list...........

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Do the load lifter straps have any type of webbing management like how the shoulder straps have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swedishelite22 and RED-FIVE like this.
  2. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Another quick question, @HELM, the 500d solid nylon colorways, is it Cordura or a generic nylon or?

swedishelite22 likes this.
  3. KentAllard

KentAllard Empty Pockets

Hi @HELM,

If it's not too late:
    A19-EV2-GY (PALS) (Type 2)

Thanks!

4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

@RED-FIVE - yes, completely forgot to mention that padded waist belts are options and are already available for the current Evades.

@Chris C - The straps are not as long as the current ones. I am going to add elastic webbing to keep them in place.

@Bimmer4me - I only source from Invista approved mills so yes. Solids come from Korea and camo comes from Brookwood in CT.

Bimmer4me and RED-FIVE like this.
  5. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Great news on the waist belts. Could this be added to the list of revisions on post #1?

Ques:
    Will the waist belts be made available in your A19 shop soon, or at the launch of the EV2? We could purchase them together with the preorders?

Thank you for the updates!!

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Nov 2, 2018
    #65 RED-FIVE, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    swedishelite22 likes this.
  6. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

Question @HELM , I know it may be late for such a question but, has the option been examined to allow the lower compression straps to pass behind (through) the water bottle pockets?

The straps then could be used to either secure just the load (allowing unobstructed access to the mesh side pocket), or in conjunction with the pocket arising to stabilize it with the load.

7. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Okay so the answer is no 'cos this is what we've concluded. Every time we compressed it and tried to put a water bottle in there, the strap was in the way. Trying to 'hide' the strap between the fabric layers etc was quite a bit of work that would make production a challenge.

By the way, those side pockets are not mesh.

8. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

By any chance do they have mesh pockets? Would be a great option to have when using the Evade for day hiking.

9. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Lots of good discussion in the "Wish List Thread" on this and many other aspects of the development if your into reading back through, might be helpful.
    ;)

https://www.edcforums.com/threads/alpha-one-niner-evade-2-0-wish-list.138709/page-7#post-2666209

10. swedishelite22

Thanks for the breakdown. I tend to overly generalize side pockets as mesh, my fault.

I thought I'd read through everything but apparently missed some in bouncing between the various threads and replies in the various forums.

It's been a fun project to watch comes to near fruition. I wasn't on/as engaged in the forum when the first Evade came to be. The (original) bag itself started to creep up on want list but with the EV2 seemingly on the horizon, and seeing the changes from the original are all great positives, has placed it as a must.

#70 swedishelite22, Nov 2, 2018
    Andrew_H and RED-FIVE like this.
  11. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

@Chris C - Unfortunately I've developed one padded waist belt for all the current and future pack designs. The Evade has a lot of potential options or add-ons to it so I might look into it for later. But for now, I have to launch with what I got 'cos everyone's been waiting for the Gen 2.0 - man, how long have we been pecking at this on this forum alone!!!

@swedishelite22 - no worries, there was waaaaaaay more pages than I can remember, lost track of it! Yeah the Evade has come a long way. I tell you what's nice, being on travel and meeting someone on the flip side of the globe carrying one! It sure does feel good.

Okay it's bedtime for Bonzo soon and before I pack my bags and disappear for another 2 weeks (yet another defense show), wanted to let you know that my good friends at US Armor has gotten back with a solution for an NIJ IIIA insert for the rear CCW compartment. I will probably order a few of these and make it available when the time comes, priced at $145. FYI most of you are probably not aware of this but I am a ballistic / armor guy and have been selling soft armor and plate solutions for almost 2 decades right now. Although I don't produce any of these I am teamed with some of the old boys in the industry and our friends at US Armor is one of 'em. That ballistic insert will be from one of their current solutions that is NIJ 06 compliant and certified.

Alright guys, will check in manana, one last time before I take off. Gotta change hats soon and work the 9 to 5 on the go. Thanks all, good nite.

12. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

It will be a year toward the end of this month.
    ;)

I'll admit... I've read through wAAAYY too many of those pages. lol
    :rolleyes_revamped::sleep:

#72 RED-FIVE, Nov 2, 2018
    Andrew_H likes this.
  13. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Hey @HELM, I forgot to ask but saw in a post earlier this year that you expanded the depth of the main compartment and saw a coyote brown prototype...will the 2.0 version come with this expanded depth as well? It'd be a welcome addition, in addition to the 1" increase in height and width for sure.

14. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

It’s increased all three (3), so yes. I’ll do a side by side snap shot as soon as I can.

15. swedishelite22

An interesting question as it also starts dramatically (in terms of %) increasing the size of the bag.

The EV1 sits at 18.5x12x7 roughly 1600-1650 cubic inches or 27 liters.

The EV2 as stated in the first post this thread then sits at 19.5x13x7 roughly 1825-1875 cubic inches or 30 liters.

Adding an inch to the depth would bump it to roughly 2000 cubic inches or 32 liters.

The compact, travel friendly nature (thinking walking in crowded areas, public transport, under seat/personal item size, etc) are already being pushed with the +1" height and width.

The evolution from first gen to second then jumps nearly 5 liters in capacity, etc.

A side question, did the EV1 get the update to move the cord points within the front pocket perimeter? The grey version on the site indicates yes, but no other product images have it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by swedishelite22, Nov 3, 2018
    #75 swedishelite22, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

You know, now that you’ve mentioned that, I better go check. Will revert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. Dewolf

Dewolf Empty Pockets

In for A19-EV2-BK + PALS if it’s not too late. Thanks!

18. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Great update @HELM ! Thank you for keeping us in the loop on updates.

Andrew_H likes this.
  19. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

That's correct the Evade product page needs some updated images with the revised shock cord loop placement.

Andrew_H and swedishelite22 like this.
  20. Bimmer4me

Bimmer4me Loaded Pockets

Wow great point on the liter increase, I personally was thinking the increased depth and width of the main compartment would be welcome but the height wouldn’t be necessary. @HELM, I currently rock a Mystery Ranch Daily bag (similar conceptual layout to the Evade) and their stated measurements are 19”h x 13”w x 12” depth (24L, but I think that’s understated), they have a very similarly heavily padded laptop section, so the increased depth allows for not taking away from the main compartment depth when stuffing the laptop or front admin sections.