1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Update on Evade 2.0 and start of the wait list...........

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Oct 10, 2018.

1. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

As requested (@Happygodavid), here are some quick shots of the bag loaded up for EDC (until the next family outing, that pretty much equates to work).

(I have no idea why tinypic randomly rotates some pictures so I apologize.)

Overall loadout will change depending on what projects I have going on but this is the basic haul. It's nothing really special but if someone wants to know what something is let me know.

Note: the microstream and mini grip are typically carried on my person. Otherwise the torch is clipped inside the admin section and the BM is tossed in a zippered compartment.

[​IMG]

Front of pack

I used the beaver trail exclusively since getting the bag so I decided I'm going to test the shock cord for a week at work.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have a couple ideas regarding the BT; namely in adding a Velcro patch and finding a way to mount it to the same tabs the shock cord uses. Doing so would allow easy access to the admin section while maintaining the clean look of the BT. This is the only thing that drives me nuts about the BT, it forces you to undo the top compression straps to access the admin section (reminds me of the EV1 original version that had the shock cord anchors outside the admin zippers).

Other than those two things, the BT is AWESOME. Great functionally and collapses back down flawlessly giving crisps lines.

I changed out the admin zipper pulls for red. I keep a FAK in the mesh zipper section within the admin pocket (also with a red pull). The red is so my wife/kids know which pocket the kit is located if they need access.

For reference, that's a 40 oz HydroFlask and it's very securely held in place. Even being jammed under an airplane seat a couple times the bottle never came loose.

[​IMG]

Inside admin

[​IMG]

Side note... If you are constantly bringing a mouse along with you, the Microsoft Arc series is awesome. Folding flat allows it to tuck in pretty much anywhere.

Inside main (again, more gets loaded up here depending on projects, coming off vaca I left most of my stuff at work).

[​IMG]

The Matroskya pouches are as advertised. During vaca I used them to hold spare outfits for my kids, sour candy (for kids in the plane), and used one as a laundry bag on the way home holding some dirty clothes to keep them from clean clothes/other items. Right now the little one is empty but attached so I have an extra small pocket if needed. (This [small pouch] may become the FAK and the blue one gets bounced back to my Daylite Plus for small outings/bike rides).

Inside laptop (plenty of room and padding).

[​IMG]
    I also have a v-kit on the way (scheduled for Saturday) which will go inside the CCW compartment. I used the [CCW] pocket to hold my wallet and car keys over the last week and loved it; likewise with my boarding pass, etc at the airport. Easy access while wearing the pack, no concern of someone accessing the pocket without you knowing, very inconspicuous zipper location so you wouldn't really know it's there.

The v-kit will serve as dedicated holding spots (pistol wrap for the wallet, mag holder for keys. The other two mag holders will see use elsewhere but I haven't made it that far yet.)

Overall I am surprised as how much I love this pack. No matter how much I loaded it up, the bag was comfortable and balanced. Likewise, when loaded with minimal carry, it compressed down very well. From the beach, to shops, to the airport, I never felt like I was bumping into people, weighed down, etc.

The organization is so :censored: good it's actually hard to decide what to put where because there are so many options. Every other pack I have leaves me cramming to much some pockets while otherwise remain empty because they just didn't work for one reason or another.

I'll post some more pics with the v-kit installed and try and grab some 'on-person' pics as well.

If there are any other pic requests feel free to ask and I'll do my best.

#381 swedishelite22, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    chaosmagnet, twin63, sleestac and 5 others like this.
  2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have to say my favorite part of your loadout is the Patch!
    Mkay?

3. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for sharing swedishelite22...
    where did you find the zipper pull same as the original evade? I like it very much.

RED-FIVE, Andrew_H and Happygodavid like this.
  4. swedishelite22

I actually found them on Amazon, a 20 pk for something like $7 (Kxtffeect Pack of 20 Durable Zipper Pulls). Im hoping they are of quality, the reviews were decent but mixed. They physically look to be the same as those the EV comes with except red.

Question, does anyone know where I can find 3/4" G Hooks like the one pictured below? @HELM ? Everything I can find is 1".

[​IMG]

Last edited by swedishelite22, Jan 4, 2019
    #384 swedishelite22, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    RED-FIVE, Andrew_H and MH-05 like this.
  5. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

Great...thanks for the info!!

RED-FIVE, Andrew_H and swedishelite22 like this.
  6. Happygodavid

Happygodavid Loaded Pockets

This an awesome post. Thanks so much!! You’ve given me some ideas, for sure. And thanks for the effort in the pics. :)

Couple of newbie-to-the-edc-forum questions: What is a v-kit? And what is a BM? (All I can think is, “I know he’s gotta be using some EDC jargon when he says ‘BM is tossed in a zippered compartment.’...”

MH-05 and RED-FIVE like this.
  7. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

8. swedishelite22

Glad it was of some help.

A v-kit is a product from Alpha One Niner. The image below shows a pistol but that part is customizable (can be smaller or larger) so I'm going to size it for my wallet (which is the same width as my phone) and install it in the CCW section to keep it stable. This way it's got a home and I can toss other things inside to float as needed without having to rummage through for my wallet. During the trip the misses opened the compartment to get car keys but didn't close it; when I picked the bag up I didn't notice and later opened the other side to get my wallet and almost dropped it out the other side (if that makes sense? Hard to explain). The kit will hopefully eliminate that risk. It may be a flop idea but we'll see. The other magazine holders will be used for whatever comes up.

[​IMG]

They are on page two of the A19 accessory page and Helm's other company (one of) SERT also sells them.

EDIT: the kit appears to be coming today so hopefully I can get more pics later.

BM= Benchmade. The pocket knife I EDC is the Benchmade Mini Griptillian (I originally referred to it as the 'mini grip'). Great knife that comes in just under the legal pocket carry limit (3" blade reassuring, this is 2.9") where I live. After some sticker shock, searching, and haggling, they can be found for a reasonable price.

I was told I could listen to my radio at a reasonable volume.

#388 swedishelite22, Jan 4, 2019
  9. Happygodavid

Thanks! Can you tell me what the two pouches at the bottom are? And would they require the pals panel to work? (I didn’t get one, but I can.)

RED-FIVE likes this.
  10. swedishelite22

A couple pics to compare the EV 2 pills to the aftermarket ones. I can't tell the difference but we'll see how long they last, I have 17 more so I should be good for a while.

Also showing the flat mouse in the background

[​IMG]

The aftermarket ones are a hair shorter in cord length but they still fit together just fine.

[​IMG]

Both have the same texture, it's just hard to see in the Evade pulls given the color.

[​IMG]

#390 swedishelite22, Jan 4, 2019
    MH-05, RED-FIVE and Andrew_H like this.
  11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Excellent Flair!

12. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

Speaking of zipper pulls (sorry to go on a tangent). Just thought I would share this. Saw it in a YouTube video and thought it was a great idea.

I harvested a zipper pull off another bag and put it on the lanyard ring on my leatherman. It just makes it easier and quicker to retrieve from my bag.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. RED-FIVE
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Hey guys this is the part I really was looking forward to, the part where we get to geek out on our new EV2!! Really glad to see the continued enthusiasm, this has been an exciting project to be involved with everyone in the A19 family!! And if you're not a member yet... Hurry up would ya!! :)

@HELM announced last night (1/4/19) the possibility of a second production run of EV2's for those who have been on a standby list. Just a personal thought and observation... We may want to continue to reserve this Wait List Thread, out of a consideration to all who would be looking here for important production status, info and A19 shipping schedules... We could possibly continue posting of our EV2 pics and discussion else where? I reached out to @HELM about this. Hopefully he'll provide some recommendations soon.

#393 RED-FIVE, Jan 4, 2019
    Andrew_H likes this.
  14. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Sorry guys, getting caught right now. Thanks for posting all the pixs. Love the red zipper pulls.

I'm with RF on this. Unfortunately this thread is getting tooooooo long for those who just joined us. I like his recommendation to post all photos, feedback, etc on the new thread you guys have going. I will start a new thread for the 2nd Wait List shortly.

@swedishelite22 - brother that means you got re-post all your photos again on the new thread ;) Ref those G-Hooks, ITW has 'em.

@Chris C - thanks for filling in ;)

@Tromba - love that idea!

Andrew_H, swedishelite22 and RED-FIVE like this.
  15. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Andrew_H, swedishelite22 and RED-FIVE like this.
  16. swedishelite22

No worries, the v-kit was just delivered so I can snap some new pics and merge into a new post.

I'll have to take a second look at IT WHEN, everything I found was 1"+ but it was late and, well, scotch was calling so who knows.

Thanks again.

MH-05 likes this.
  17. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

Hi Happygodavid, the 2 pouches i used were from MSM (milspec monkey) and I used Blackhawk speed clips as I dont like the original MSM clips.
    Hope that helps. Im a noob too, that makes it 2 of us then.

Happygodavid and Andrew_H like this.
  18. Happygodavid

Thanks! May be time to get the pals panel. :)

Also, if I can help it, this will be my last post in this thread. Seems the consensus is to move over to the Evade 2.0 thread, which makes sense. It’s been fun, folks! And just an idea, but if anyone has posted pics in here, would it make sense to repost them over there as well so that anyone stumbling across these threads can see all the mods/load outs in one place? I’m already losing track: “Wherrrrrre was that picture of the such and such?...” :)

RED-FIVE, HELM, MH-05 and 1 other person like this.