1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Update on Evade 2.0 and start of the wait list...........

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Oct 10, 2018.

1. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Wanna bet?
    :smile_coffee:

2. Barrister

Barrister Loaded Pockets

Hey guys, I got the pre-shipment notification that a label has been made, but nothing has changed in three days. Anybody else have that issue? I'm wondering if they made the label and are waiting on the addons before dropping in mail. Just excited and dont want to get lost in shuffle.

3. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

@Barrister - FYI we do not make labels unless the shipment is going out the same day. There will be occasions when the label is created later in the day for a next morning pick-up or delivery to USPS. If you receive a label earlier today that means that your order will be dropped off at USPS today with the last order processed. USPS closes at 12 pm today and today's shipment has already been dropped off and it's now a matter of when they will start scanning all those labels. Labels created over the weekend for FedEx and UPS doesn't get scanned by the counter until the next business day which is Monday.

I've also seen many an occasion where a package is delivered yet the shipping update online only shows that it has been scanned once.

Helm

4. Bluedart

Bluedart Empty Pockets

All of these deliveries and we get no pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE and Andrew_H like this.
  5. Barrister

Barrister Loaded Pockets

@HELM
    Thanks for the info. As always, superior communication from an upstanding guy. I was guessing the screwup was with USPS, especially at this time of year. Not knowing when it will get here gives an added element of Christmas intrigue!!!

6. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

USPS does have its moments though. As of Thursday night, my shipment was still scheduled for Sat. 22nd. By 4am Fri. it was the in next county over. Woah! At 10:00am "Out for Delivery". Then at 11:45am delivered.

Everything you've heard about the EV2 is true! It has far exceeded all expectation! Thanks @HELM!! And proof it happened? Pics.... (and more to follow).

Also posted in the Bag Forum if any one wants to post pics of theirs, please join in!
    Alpha One Niner - Evade 2.0

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#306 RED-FIVE, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    race2c, MH-05, BTG108 and 5 others like this.
  7. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I woke up to the shipping label in my email. I am so happy.

8. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

It does EXIST!!!

Just kidding, thanks RF for the pixs. Gonna share these with others ;)

On a separate note I told my wife that I am going to take a hiatus from gear stuff after all the packs have shipped out. She took one look at me and started laughing.

9. pks

pks Loaded Pockets

Mine is in the same state. Dec 19 pre-shipment and no update. Let’s hope it is not sitting on a USPS dock somewhere! This does add to the excitement:)

PK

10. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Ha! Wives always seem to know something we don't.... how do they do that! :unsure:

Andrew_H likes this.
  11. Radioactive_Man

Radioactive_Man Loaded Pockets

It's HEEEEEEERE! A couple pics for ya first. I can't compare to the artistic quality of RED-FIVE, but here it is next to a Rucker 2.0 and Rush 12. All 3 lightly loaded out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First impressions:

-The quality is AMAZING. Just beautiful in it's stitching and the materials.

-This is the 1050 version and it's STOUT. About 5lbs empty. It's very strong, holds it shape.

-Fairly large. Not an ideal "cold weather jacket and water bottle" EDC bag. But for large EDC and travel it's great.

-Lots going on. Lots of hooks, lots of zippers and pockets,

-:censored: it's beautiful.

I'm going to load it up with some weight and see how it carries compared to the Goruck and how all the pockets work once its stuffed.

Let me know if ya'll want a specific picture of anything! I'll be watching the thread. GOOD LUCK.

AND THANK YOU @HELM FOR ALL THE WORK YOU PUT IN! ITS ONE HELL OF A FINAL PRODUCT.

12. Bluedart

Bluedart Empty Pockets

Just got mine in the 150D. It’s amazing! The hype is real!! I was a bit apprehensive about the 1050 but now that I’ve held it, I don’t think I’d want any other fabric. It is a stout bag and slightly bigger than I thought it would be. That shouldn’t be a problem with all the stuff I have to carry for work. I can’t wait to break it in and I have no doubt that it will take a beating unscathed. Organization is leaps and bounds above my current EDC.

Thanks Helm, your awesome! You went above and beyond for all of us here and it’s much appreciated!

On a side note: the boss saw me bring it in the house and she she asked what it was. Then I hear “really, another bag?.” I played it off cool by reminding her this is the bag I had told her about (actually I’m not sure if I told her or not but I rolled with it). All was good when I told her she could use my old bag. Crisis adverted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Hey RM, Bluedart....That's GREAT guys!!! So glad shipments are finding their destinations. And it's not the end either... more goodness on the way. This is the fun part sharing reactions.

Take heart people it's worth the wait. I agree 100% with you about the 1050D, it's a beast! ;) Nice comparison pics, that is what we really need is to see it next to something familar. Thanks & enjoy!

#313 RED-FIVE, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Andrew_H likes this.
  14. pks

pks Loaded Pockets

Just got an USPS update, it is in transit from our destination location (i.e. is here) but the scan was at 8pm today (Sat). So I guess I won't get it until Monday at least. So jealous of you guys who got it already!!

P.K.

Andrew_H and RED-FIVE like this.
  15. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well mine evidently made it to my town this morning before 8 am but it still says I will not get it until Thursday somehow?!?!?!?

Bah Humbug!

Andrew_H likes this.
  16. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

I had a Christmas gift coming USPS for my wife. Ordered over 2 weeks ago, tracking kept showing the label has been created so I grew more and more nervous by the day... It was delivered today (tracking still shows label created, awaiting item).

This time of year it's a finger-in-the-air when it comes to tracking. Mines still showing Monday but in theory it would have needed to arrive at a local sort center already to make it to the local office for the Monday cut.

Coming from someone who works in Logistics it's beyond maddening to watch tracking progress.

pks and Andrew_H like this.
  17. Pangari1

Pangari1 Loaded Pockets

Mine just showed as arriving at the distribution center in St. Louis.....it might actually make Monday delivery.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEET!

All these pictures have me so excited I can’t stand it. I’m actually feeling like a little kid waiting for Santa to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew_H, MH-05 and RED-FIVE like this.
  18. MH-05

MH-05 Loaded Pockets

oooh myyy..... looking at those pics from Red-5 and Radioactive_man are making my heart beats even faster.
    enjoy it guys!!!

I do look forward to see some pics (if anyone could) how the bag is placed/stowed under the economy seat of an airliner.
    On my EV1, the height is already touching the tips of my shoes and some annoying flight attendants are giving me 'that look' that it's not safe.

Regardless, I cant wait for mine to arrive.

19. RED-FIVE
    • +4 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Nice! And maybe pics of the 1st EV2 Gray Wolf soon??!!

SOS24, Andrew_H and BTG108 like this.
  20. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Thank you everyone who have posted their EV2 pictures! I am excited to get home and open it up upon arrival.