1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Unusual EDC

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by traveler, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Stelth

Stelth Banned

Silver is good for making anti-werewolf bullets

2. bushguy

bushguy Empty Pockets

Hey there LunalTic,

I love those little bag carrying units! O0 Do they have a name, or what would I call them to Google them?

Too simple! I'll see if I can improvise something like them in the time being, using your excellent photos as templates. :)

Thanx for sharing...

bg

3. eldahjack

eldahjack Empty Pockets

toilet paper. in a lot of asian countries, nobody uses toilet paper. except the foreigners. like me. so i carry it with me in case i get a call and there isnt any around

4. Mean Bone

Mean Bone Empty Pockets

Well, let's see . . . there's the peripheral nerve stimulator.

. . . then, when at work passing gas there's the versed, fentanyl, morphine, and demerol that I pick up each morning from the OR pharmacy and put in my EDC bag.

It's my job to make sure the patient is in a very happy place!!

5. Lifesaver

Lifesaver Empty Pockets

And I'm sure they are glad you do that, too.

6. mikel81

mikel81 Loaded Pockets

I'm wondering too. I googled but didn't find anything. Please enlighten us Illum_the_nation.

7. american lockpicker

american lockpicker Empty Pockets

I carry a Southord Jack Knife Lockpick set and a short hook.

8. CaptCarrot

CaptCarrot Loaded Pockets

9. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Disclaimer: Belongs to family member, not me.

10. Mike Grandin

Mike Grandin Loaded Pockets

Ditto! I carry 4 or 5 MRE toliet paper packs. Ever go someplace & realy have to go & you rush into the first stall you find & then find out there's no paper :lolhammer:

11. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

Haha, I can relate, having been in medical research. One just does not walk around with a special bag labeled "Extra Strong Prescription Drugs" :)

12. Mike Grandin

Mike Grandin Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

found these at one of our local Hardware/sporting goods store. Hadn't seen one before, Its suppose to be a can opener, bottle opener & spoon. Had to file the edges on th spoon part or it would have cut your lip for sure.
    Anybody have some other different items they've run up on. Lets hear from you.

13. dl52163

dl52163 Loaded Pockets

I carry one of those along with my $.10 survival knife. my$.10 survival knife is a hack saw blade that has been cut and reshaped. It will cut things and makes a good fire striker.

14. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

They look like a copy of a utensil out of Australian Armed Forces ration packs.
    Called (I believe!) a FRED, which stands for er....FReaking Eating Device. :laugh:

I keep meaning to contact the Aussie Embassy to see if they can spare a cpl.

PS The "F" doesnt stand for FReaking! :-X (But you all knw that, didnt ya? ;D)

15. Teacher RO

Teacher RO Empty Pockets

I carry non-latex gloves for first aid purposes.

16. ScottAW

ScottAW Loaded Pockets

Normal for me, not for a lot of people, i usually have a bottle opener and wine key on me. They make bartending much easier :cheers:

17. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

New topic ”Out of the ordinary EDC items” has been merged with previous similar topic “Unusual EDC”.
    :db:
    - bruner

18. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

you mean "Freaking Ridiculous Eating Device" dont you ?

19. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Empty Pockets

Everyone has "to go" sooner or later, and traveling the world I've learned that everyone has their local way of dealing with this common function. I used to carry TP, MRE TP packets, Kleenex packets, baby wipes, liquid hand gel disinfectant, folding toilet seat covers, and even those portable Gel Johns (made for travelers). I still "collect" free handi-wipes and napkins (serviettes) from places that I go, because they inevitably become useful later, but in recent years, I have greatly streamlined my toilet functions.

I now carry a resealable plastic packet (flat 4" X 7") of anti-microbeal handi-wipes available for about 99 cents in most grocery and Target stores. This pretty much takes care of ALL the sanitary functions, including the washing of my hands afterward. They are much more effective and comfortable than dry TP I might add. And they are of course useful for many other cleanups throughout the day.

In my bag, I also carry a couple of those Gel Johns (aka "Jane" John because it comes with the female adaptor). It was relatively cheap at a travel/luggage store, about $10 for 3 units. Basically, it is a plastic bag filled with some dry chemical agent folded into a very compact package (2" X 2" X 5" approx). When you pee into it, it instantly turns to a gel so there is no splashing around or spilling. You just seal it up, and toss it in the trash when you're done. It comes in handy on long road trips, when you can't find a toilet like in a city and don't want to deface a building, or in a pinch when the pilot turns on the fasten the seatbelt sign and you can't use the lavatory. It's also handy when you have a female companion and for whatever reason she needs to pee standing up.