1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Unusual EDC

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by traveler, Jun 13, 2006.

1. spiritof76

spiritof76 Loaded Pockets

Standard Louisiana-style sauces like Tabasco, Frank's RedHot, Trappey's Red Devil and the like don't need to be refrigerated. Exotic hot sauces made with more than peppers and vinegar may need refrigeration after opening. If it needs it, the label will tell you.

2. mckutzy

mckutzy Empty Pockets

I carry a nut, i think it is a 3/4- 7/8 not too sure, i found at the side of the road when waiting for a buss, it was a bit rusty but i had put it a way for a wile then i was looking at it one day i had to do something else and there it stayed for about 10 years or so, never leaves my pocket... well only when i am fiddling with it. it not a weapon not a throwing device it could be both but i havent. after all of these years i have polished it to quite the luster just in my pocket and my hand.

3. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

I just started carrying a 1951 quarter. Real silver.

I had a run of bad luck recently, which included some illness. On the first day I was well enough to go grocery shopping, everthing that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. When I was paying for my groceries, I offered exact change, as I had a pocket full. When I dropped the coins in the clerk's hand, it sounded funny. I asked her, "Could I have that one quarter back?". We exchanged quarters and when I got home, I confirmed it was a goodie.

This being the first thing to go in my favor, I thought I should hold on to it to help me keep my attitude positive.

4. alphazulu

alphazulu Loaded Pockets

I carry a small pepper grinder. I love fresh cracked black pepper and the pre- ground stuff (I refer to as floor sweepings) just doesn't cut it.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  5. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

:ready: Now that deserves a round of applause! I always eat at home, so I don't need to, but otherwise I might consider it. May I ask what kind of grinder you have that is small enough to carry around?

6. alphazulu

alphazulu Loaded Pockets

I found it at sportsmans warehouse. it has a clear lexan housing and has a cap that covers the business end so pepper doesn't end up all over your gear. I also have one that I found at a gourmet store. each one is about the size of a d battery so they take up very little space.

7. easy76

easy76 Loaded Pockets

I carry a heavy duty zip lock type bag in my wallet. so if in case of rain, and I'm out riding my motorcycle I have instant protection for my cell phone.

8. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

Good idea for a digital camera also. I have one that when it rains, refuses to take pictures for a day or two.

9. w143

w143 Empty Pockets

This is cool. I need to get a couple for my wife so that she no longer has excuse of not carrying the groceries! j/k
    Good idea though. I use my Swiss Army hook to carry the bags but some times the hook is just too small.

10. Fighthard

Fighthard Empty Pockets

If hot sauce spoils, I am sure that I will be dead soon...LOL. I have used hot sauce without refrigeration in most extreme environments and can only give my experience with it. I think that most have a high enough content of vinegar, that refrigeration although recommended in some cases is not necessary.

11. Gareth346

Gareth346 Empty Pockets

Probably the oddest thing I carry is a pencil lead case full of toothpicks. I've seen everyone with their titanium toothpicks and such, but I can't justify that kind of expense for a toothpick. Plus wooden toothpicks have additional uses, like plugging a hose leak.

I can't remember what company originally made this lead case, the only point to note is that it's rectangular and not rhomboidal, and toothpicks fit into this thing perfectly. The lid even slides to the side just enough to slide one toothpick out instead of having a separate cap that could get lost or let all the toothpicks out at once. It holds 14 toothpicks fully loaded, and I EDC it whenever I'm wearing something with pockets(aka all the time).

Attached Files:

Jason Liddell likes this.
  12. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Great idea with the toothpicks. I have a similar (but not quite as good as yours!) pencil lead case that Ive still to use for anything & I may well pack a small sewing/repair kit inside it. Thanks for jogging my memory.

13. katarin

katarin Empty Pockets

I now carry a handheld fan every day.. and sometimes a lil stuffed leopard.. aka stress ball :idiot2:

14. Rpuppet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rpuppet Loaded Pockets

Handheld as in battery powered, or as in old school folding oriental style?

15. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

:D If anyone's interested, the toothpick holder is from a pack of mechanical pencil lead. Pentel HB SUPER 0.5. I just bought it, too. What a coincidence.

Jason Liddell likes this.
  16. katarin

katarin Empty Pockets

As in old school style :)

17. Stelth

Stelth Banned

In response to reply #28
    Regarding the Wiseguy character who threw ball bearings:  His name was Roger Lococco played by William Russ.  The last time I saw those episodes was when they originally aired but I still remember them.  They were great.  Kevin Spacey played a villain on that show too.  His character had an incestuous relationship with his sister and she injected him with drugs between his toes.  Good times!

18. Illum_the_nation

Illum_the_nation Loaded Pockets

I carry:
    sugar packets [I'm not diabetic, but I use it for temporary energy]
    fish hooks [I can't fish, I was never a fish magnet, more like a cow fly magnet]
    chlorine tabs for water purification
    Laxative tabs [hey, old fashioned pranks doesn't mean they have to stay old fashioned]
    stain remover, I have a love/hate relationship with spaghetti sauce
    condoms [unlubed for water carrying]
    plastic bags [could kill you or save your life, depending on when you put it over your head]
    saline solution [eye problems]
    fire starter [magnesium + flint]
    signal mirror [plastic encapsulated mirror, coleman]
    aluminum foil [small roll]
    pocket poncho
    a 1987 "marry christmas" 1 troy ounce silver bullion. 1987 was my birth year, I use it to test stuff [like spiked drinks]
    and a couple others...

I'm a student on campus...aside from the fix blades I do carry a couple folders...kershaw leek, and a blunt kershaw vapor for my magnesium bar

19. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

Tell us more about your uses for silver.

20. Rpuppet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rpuppet Loaded Pockets

I too am curious. :popcorn: