1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Unfortunate experience with Vertx

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Tromba, Mar 1, 2018.

1. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

I don't think Vertx (especially the lesser paid customer service person responding) cares if you purposefully destroy their product and tell them. They already have your money. Probably better to sell it at a discount and deny them another sale.

add - complaining about them publicly will probably do more damage to their business than any other action you can take.

2. Lane DeCamp

Lane DeCamp Loaded Pockets

Just saw this post. My team has a dozen Vertx Gamut's and Gamut+'s. They are used in actual disaster recovery, SAR, and incident command, and at least a half of them have flown in a year more than a hundred thousand miles apiece. They get boxes of batteries, stacks of computers, and all kinds of lumpy, abusive contents forced into them. They aren't perfect bags by any means, but we haven't had wear like this and ours are now hitting three years of age. There will always be someone unhappy with a particular product, but it doesn't mean the product is bad. We see these bags everywhere in our work and many users have minor complaints or wishes about what could be done better, but reliability has been as good as on any pack anywhere in this price range. Before people start lighting off against Vertx, I'd suggest that this is one specific incident and I frankly didn't see the significance in the wear described; we had spots with the bright coating rubbed to a dull finish but they didn't progress further. We also have had superb customer service from Vertx.

3. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

The only vertx products I own are pants.
    I’ve loved em but they are trashed now

4. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I truly believe that the bag I got was defective. That is why is was so initially shocked when I first noticed the problem. I know a lot of you say you saw no issue in the pictures but you'll have to trust me. There was wear to the point that there were holes in the material. Granted they were the start of very small holes, but by the time I sent it back holes had broken through. The point also being I only used the bag for 2 months and that issue came about with just normal every day use. I could see it getting worse almost daily after the point that I first noticed. I could only imagine what a couple more months would have done. Again, I truly believe I got a lemon and mine was defective.

I love the bag (I know its not for everyone) and when my replacement comes I will continue to use it happily. As I alluded in my last post I believe a good outcome is on the way. I am just holding out until it comes to do a final update. When that does happen I will absolutely give the credit that they did the right thing in the end.

5. nolaradio

nolaradio Loaded Pockets

Last edited by nolaradio, Dec 31, 2018
    #45 nolaradio, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

I had to take into account generally returns are not like in the USA here in the UK ,it's a lot more lump it and get on ,we so rarely return even when we should

8. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

Well I was hoping to report this week that I received the replacement. I just found out it is on backorder until mid May. Ugh.

Oh well I will just have to wait this one out. At least they are honoring the warranty so I won’t complain much. Sure wish it would come sooner though.

Jay-uk and RED-FIVE like this.
  9. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

That's good,shame about the delay tho

10. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

Came home from work to a nice surprise. On my doorstep was my new pack waiting for me.

So in the end it was a good outcome. The issue ended up being that they won’t warranty something not sold by an authorized vendor. However it ended up that I did buy mine through an authorized vendor who happened to sell on eBay. Once I and they realized this they agreed to replace it.

All is good.

HardToHandle and Myrddraal like this.
  11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well this is exactly how all warranty's work really so?????
    I knew that there was something i this whole debacle that didn't sound correctly represented and somehow this was the missing link?

Glad it seems to have worked out for you at last but also a little sad so many had to get so involved when it ends up being pretty much just a misunderstanding too.

12. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

That's what it was, a misunderstanding. They heard "ebay" and immediately shut me down. Their warranty policy is not clearly spelled out anywhere, nor were they able to explain it to me initially, I was just shut down. Only after speaking to a couple of different people I was able to ascertain the authorized seller sticking point.

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have a feeling that the re-seller may have not stuck with the terms they agreed to with Vertx then and this happens a lot when companies decide they want every sale they can get whether authorized to sell in that channel or not.

I am in Electronics and this happens all the time and dealers lose product lines for doing it all the time.
    Most still keep doing it with the new stuff they agree not to too!

14. glockguy110

glockguy110 Loaded Pockets

This forum did and did not help me to figure out if I should buy from vertex but I’m so glad I read this stuff. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay-uk likes this.
  15. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I've had a couple of vertx packs and haven't had any quality issues.. Just some poor design issues.. Their water bottle pouches tend to be designed for a 12oz plastic disposable bottle.. You'd figure if we shell out big $ for a bag we'd do the same for a nice 32oz insulated bottle. That mesh they use ain't no daisy either.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Myrddraal likes this.
  16. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I've been using my Vertx satchel and Gamut a lot recently and to reiterate previous poster: quality has never been an issue, it is the - presumably deliberate - design choices made that are the cons. It is the shallow dimensions from front to back that I found most irritating.

Also be honest about how often you will use the rip-and-expose-the-molle panels. They do not function that well as a pocket, more a panel with no shape retention. It not as suitable as a full pocket for everyday storage and access.

tbzbbt

17. Stinson12

Stinson12 Loaded Pockets

FWIW if I remember correctly I had purchased a Vertx Gamut from Amazon and loved the pack! I thought for sure it was the one. Then I noticed the mesh on the pocket inside ripped and they took it back no problem.