1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ultrafire UF-T1 Titanium AAA... "Owner" reviews needed....

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Todywayne, Jul 31, 2013.

?

Ultrafire UF-T1 Titanium AAA

1. Yay

83.3%
  2. Nay

16.7%
  1. Todywayne

Todywayne Loaded Pockets

Hello... I'm looking at a Ultrafire UF-T1 Titanium AAA light... They are carried on eBay and Deal Xtreme has them also... I'd appreciate any input on them if anyone out there has experience with them... Thanks in advance...!

2. Cornholio2188

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Or dqg too...both lights have good reviews on blf but dqg is more popular

3. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

I love mine.

I left it on high for 30 mins once and the head was warm.

The only think I can complain about is the split ring hole is a on the small side and the knurling could be a bit more aggressive.

The threads are medium fine and only need a bit of lube to make them go nicely.

For $20 you won't find a cheaper Ti light.

Nick4305 likes this.
  4. Th4rg0r

Th4rg0r Loaded Pockets

The light u linked is not titanium. It's aluminium, that's why 20 bucks.

5. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

I assure you it's not aluminum. I was machine the end of it and it cuts like titanium. It may not be grade 5 but it's an alloy for sure.

6. Th4rg0r

Th4rg0r Loaded Pockets

Ahh, I was assuming the link was wrong, heh, and u were talking about some other lights.

No experience with this light but that description does say its aluminium. If its ti, wow, good value, even for lower grade ones.

7. Todywayne

Todywayne Loaded Pockets

Wow! It does say aluminum on the DX website... However, it's titanium with an aluminum reflector... It's a cool lookin light... I'm gonna order one and see how they are... I'll post a review if I can figure out how too...! lol
    Thanks for the replies... Please keep them coming....!

8. arcadesdude

arcadesdude Loaded Pockets

It's great! I read that it is stainless steel. Whatever it is, it has been jangling on my keychain with very little wear for a couple weeks and still operates just fine. My old i3s despite being on a swivel clip to reduce rotation, had the head/battery fall out thus shaking my confidence in it. A few weeks later, my i3s fell off and it could not be found. So this UF-T1 is a great replacement for it.

The UF-TI is shorter than the i3s in length which is a plus for me. I didn't need the pocket clip which is fine because the T1 didn't come with one. It didn't come with a lanyard either but there is an attachment point on the bottom which doesn't block tail-standing which is nice. I added a gate swivel clip there and added to my keychain.

On twisting the head it is smooth turning and there are plenty of threads so I don't have to worry about the head twisting off when on my keys. There is a problem with turning it on/off in that it will flicker at a certain point in the turning and might take a couple tries to set the level I want. There is a low and a high level setting. The high is claimed at 80 lumens but it is more like 50 really. Still a nice backup light. Also the little glow ring is a nice touch in that it glows green after the light has been on for a while.

It is small, compact in diameter and length and tough. Exactly what I wanted in a keychain/backup light. Throw isn't so great but it is a AAA light so not really expected anyway. The tint is perfect cool white (guessing 5000-6000k range) without imperfections in the beam. Nice floody little light and the high setting is pretty bright for its size. The low setting is really low like maybe 3 lumens I figure. I threw in eneloop in there when I got it and haven't needed to change the battery once. I did forget my main light one night and had to have this light as my only light source. It did the job just fine and I didn't feel it in my pocket at all (had in pocket where my main light would have been for easier access throughout the work-night).

For $20 a nice super compact light perfect for the keychain.

9. Todywayne

Todywayne Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info... It's much appreciated...! One thing... Which light do you like better... Ultrafire or the i3s...?

10. arcadesdude

The Ultrafire for sure. My number one reason for that is durability/availability and the i3s is not bad but I just can't have the head of the light be loose on a keychain carry where it will fall off and be lost. I have the Ultrafire as a backup light and it has served it purpose well and it doesn't have any issues with its primary function, i.e. being available for backup use if needed.

Also, the i3s has a finish that wears away easily and looks bad when some of it doesn't wear away and some does. Some people like this but I'm not one of them. The Ultrafire hasn't shown any wear since I got it and still looks great.

After doing some reading on it it might be titanium but there is doubt by some on some forums. It doesn't matter to me. It is small and light and strong enough of a light whatever it is made of. There is another light which this light is basically a "clone" of the DQG AAA. It isn't exactly the same but the small length difference between the two isn't that noticeable really. But the smaller UF beats the i3s for sure in size for being smaller. I really like it.

Sent from my ThL W8 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

11. Yuri81

Yuri81 Loaded Pockets

They are very good, light and simple, but what i have done is that i cut the torch even smaller, so its now runs from 2/3 of AAA battery, full beam 1/2 hour and low beam 6 hours! what for size is quite impressive, and that is ultimate every day carry torch.

Todywayne likes this.
  12. Todywayne

Todywayne Loaded Pockets

Hello... Thanks for the info... I'm not sure what you mean by cutting it down to run from 2/3 of a AAA...? I'd like to see a pic of it if ya have one...! Thanks again...!

13. Yuri81

Yuri81 Loaded Pockets

I cut the tube where the battery goes and made new thread so it can suit 2/3 AAA battery.

Todywayne likes this.
  14. arcadesdude

I'm not sure what you mean by 2/3 AAA battery either. Could you post a picture or pictures?

Sent from my ThL W8 using Tapatalk 4

15. Yuri81

Yuri81 Loaded Pockets

Sorry i don't know how to add pics here.

Todywayne likes this.
  16. Todywayne

Todywayne Loaded Pockets

Hello... If you have a Photobucket or Flikr account, you just copy the IMG link and paste it directly in here and it does the rest for ya... I hope this helps... I appreciate all thr info though...! I'm still not sure what a 2/3 AAA is unless you mean you can use it with either 2 or 3 AAA batteries... Is that right or do they actually make a shorter AAA battery...? Thanks again...!

17. higbvuyb

higbvuyb Empty Pockets

A 2/3AAA is like an AAA except one third shorter.

Todywayne likes this.
  18. Todywayne

Todywayne Loaded Pockets

Wow! I had no idea they made an actual 2/3 AAA battery... I learn something new everyday on here... Thanks for the info...!

19. Yuri81

Yuri81 Loaded Pockets

There it is :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. arcadesdude

After using it for 2 months the head on my UF-T1 no longer properly activates the light. I guess it wore out. If i take if off and put it back on it might work but I have to really tighten the head down for it to activate which makes mode switching next to impossible. I'm going to UNrecommened this light because of this fault so far. I'm looking into a Lumintop worm as a replacement AAA light.