1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

UK Police EDC Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Andi Licious, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Andi Licious

Andi Licious Loaded Pockets

Hi All,

My Mrs is a new police officer and I want to treat her to a decent bag for Christmas. I am looking for recommendations for bags that are suited to this and also available from UK stock so I dont incur delays or import charges.

Thanks

RogerStenning and zyntherius like this.
  2. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Congratulations on her new job! Hard to make a specific recommendation without more info, but something like the 5.11 Rush 12 or 24 might be worth a look. Should be available in the UK.

3. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

I’m a Texas cop, so I don’t know the perquisites, price range you’re wanting, and what you’ll need it for as I am not familiar with UK police. But, if you want a duty bag for the car, the 5.11 Wingman is a good one. 5.11 also have a cheaper Patrol Ready duty bag which is equally as good, but less decked out l. If you want to step it up to infinite degree on money, I love my indestructible Maxpedition Centurion. If you want fairly cheap but super functional, LA Police gear have great Bail Out Bags and I’m sure you find some in the UK, or even clones.

For backpacks, if she’ll just be needing to take personal stuff to work, you can’t go wrong with a smaller 5.11 like the aforementioned Rush 12.

For my Texas cop job, I use the Maxped Centurion for all of my paperwork and random gear which I leave in my unit at work. Then I use a First Tactical Tactix .5 Day backpack for an edc to work and back home.

Tell her welcome to the job!

#3 ferris209, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    AlgoOPC, ramjet and echo victor like this.
  4. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Depends if she's going to need a deployment bag, or a patrol bag; if she's in a patrol or response car, she may need a patrol bag. These are the box-like nylon bags where the shift kit she isn't likely to need on her person are carried. A deployment bag will either be a wheeled box bag, or a largish backpack; for the backpacks, Rush 12 or 24 are likely the best choices. For the patrol bags, you can't go too far wrong with one of the bags on Niton's pages: see https://www.niton999.co.uk/bags/kit-bags/kit-bags.html, as there are a lot to choose from.

The deployment bag (they're mahoosive) would likely be something like either a "Niton Tactical Rapid Mobilisation Kit Bag" or a "Hatch Giant SWAT Bag", again, available from Niton999.

Niton are a reliable bunch, and I've used them myself when I was a reservist in the RMP. I have no connection to them, other than being a previously happy customer of theirs :)

5. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Rush 12 or 24 all day .

6. Andi Licious

Andi Licious Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys,

5.11 seems to be a running theme there so I’ll have a look through their range.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

twin63 likes this.
  7. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

Since the UK is weapons prohibited. Id imagine a gear bag like the LAPG bailout. Or maybe a 4 hazard gear that can have access to laptop and important papers….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk