1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Uber prepared question

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by JPHing, Jul 1, 2012.

1. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

Hi Mods

Just got an Uber Prepared trophy alert but it's not showing.
    Is there something wrong or something I must do for it to show?

Doesn't matter to me, I'm just curious.

2. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Posts from previous similarly related threads...
    ...hope these help answer your question...

3. wundergussy

wundergussy Loaded Pockets

OP - me too. I assume it is a matter of time/patience as there are others things the Powers are working on.

4. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

You have to pay a round of drinks to all the mods and uber prepared members [​IMG] [​IMG]

:D

Just wait a bit till the software sorts itself out. It can be a few hours.

5. B_H_

B_H_ Loaded Pockets

i got the trophy two weeks or so ago and mine still says loaded pockets.

6. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

+1

7. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

Ah I see. Thanks guys.

No issue my side, was just curious as I'm still quite new here :)

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

We changed the forum software in very rapid time. I read that a proper migration from one package to another is supposed to be a three month process. We did it very fast with almost no preparation. We did have some custom work done and the skin was already made. I actually expected it to be up faster then we were. We decided to open before we were ready and were still building the forum with members active inside. In hours that need to be spent on getting things right I would say we are only half done.

On the trophy system we saw that it wasn't working and I took a look and was not getting anywhere, I hired 3 different people to take a look and they couldn't locate the problem. It is my guess that some of the custom coding is creating a problem as other XenForo owners are not having the same problem. I had to drop continuing work on the forum and had to go back to trying to get some store revenue as I had no money left at the time. Right now I am trying to do somethings things to permanently fix my cash flow situation. When that is done I want to go back to working on the forum. I plan on about 1.4 K of custom coding to be done but all the stuff that does not cost anything or very little will be done first. It could be a very long horizon for the stuff that is expensive to do (possibly years). We right now have a long list of things we need to get done. Much of it just takes time but other parts of it will take money. :) This will get figured out and fixed.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Jul 2, 2012
    lnytunes and kd7dvd like this.
  9. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

Hi Jon
    Thanks for letting me know.

My side I don't mind/care when this gets resolved :) .
    Being new to the forum and the trophy system, I had no idea

Last edited by Djjonny, Jul 2, 2012
  10. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

The User Titles are usually changed based on number of your total posts....
    0-14.....Empty Pockets
    15-99...Loaded Pockets
    100+....Uber Prepared
    Obviously as Jon has stated there have been technical difficulties with the software that have delayed a lot of the recent newer members from getting the move between Loaded Pockets to Uber Prepared...

I don't want to sound like this type of activity is not important, because I know a lot of you are actively participating in many ways through out the Forum...and it is greatly appreciated!!

But, as you may have seen lately that there has been a active trend towards having members proudly display their EDC Supporter Badge status.

As members, we all know that along with the importance of active participation there also is the importance of actively supporting this wonderful Forum.
    While some of us are very busy participating throughout the Forum, there are others that stop by whenever they can, but many of all these members have recently worked out their budget and found a way to get a badge to support this fine Forum.
    Many members proudly wear the status of a single badge, others you have seen proudly wear the status of a full sleeve of badges!!

Just a little something to think about...
    No matter what your "User Title" says about how many posts you may have...the fact that "You Have Proudly Supported The Forum" says a whole lot more about you in the eyes of many of your fellow members, even the lurkers, and the guests!!

Get your EDC Supporter Badges Here!

Renegador, EDCRVa, gibbsrule9 and 2 others like this.