1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Twsbi Echo fountain pen

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by BklynBoy, Nov 10, 2018.

1. BklynBoy

BklynBoy Loaded Pockets

A couple of weeks ago I read Anthony Sculimbrene"s Everyday Commentary review of the Twsbi Eco. At $30, it was a guilt free impulse purchase. I have always wanted a clear 'demonstrator' pen and my favorite pens are piston fill like the Eco- I have not used a cartridge in decades.

Being 64, clear Bic pens were relatively new and many kids still used cheap fountain pens. Most of these pens wrote terribly and where dropped in favor of ball points. When I was working in a large law firm after graduating and decided to go back to fountain pens, I could afford better pens, bought them and never looked back. I probably have 9 or 10 good fountain pens, Pelikans, Parkers (new and vintage), Waterman, Pilot, a Mont Blanc and a Conklin. My favorite pens are the Pelikans.

With this background, I am blown away by how well the Eco writes, fills, feels and looks. I think it is worth 3x the price. The medium nib Eco lays down a thicker line than the Pelikan medium and is a bit stiffer, but with bottle of Pilot ink, this is one hell of a great writing tool at a great price. At this price I may buy another in a fine nib.

Do you want to try a fountain pen for the first time? Are you hesitant to spend hundreds on an experiment or just hesitant to spend hundreds on a pen period? Get an Eco and buy it via the link on Tony's web site.

Last edited by BklynBoy, Nov 10, 2018
    #1 BklynBoy, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    PragmaticMurphyist and twin63 like this.
  2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@BklynBoy: that is a heck of a fountain pen stable you got there boychik! :). Got to agree the Pelikans write beautifully!

Sidenote: are you by chance also a denizen of Fountainpennetwork? If not, I suspect you'd get addicted REAL FAST! ;)

L'chaim and Shavua Tov!

Moshe

3. ambrdrgn

ambrdrgn Empty Pockets

My brother bought a TWSBI Go and that is a fun pen to play around with. It writes great and I love the weird syringe-style plunger and its giant spring and how it shows through the barrel. Also a plus is how much ink that thing holds. It feels like you can write forever with it. It's a great, weird, fun pen for $19.

4. 6th0

6th0 Empty Pockets

I have four that are my workhorse pens at work. One has a random leak that glops a bunch of ink on paper (and one of my slacks), but the other three are solid, lightweight, and write very well. I've found Scheaffer Skrip ink to be the best so far.

I pick them up over my Mont Blanc!

5. BklynBoy

BklynBoy Loaded Pockets

Moishe, I am not on Fountainpennetwork though I have perused it over the years. It's difficult enough to control my addictions without hanging out in an opium den :)

Shavua Tov to you too my friend

6. Moshe ben David

LOL. Well said!

Moishe

7. cjl1775

cjl1775 Loaded Pockets

there are a number of very good fountain pens out there but I do not like thicker lines so for a first pen I went with pilot metro not as much ink capacity but still a great pen. Nice thing about where I live Is with in 20 minutes of my home is one of the largest ink sellers in the country with upwards of 1400 colors and I have no idea how many brands for any situation. just remember with the eco and most clear pens avoid the baystate from noodlers otherwise you will have a tint yo that clear barrel.

8. Moshe ben David

LOL. Nice thing about fountain pens is if you have a converter (which are absolutely available for Pilot pens) you have no limitations on which ink. You're not limited by b&m stores. I do agree with you though about avoiding the bay state from Noodlers! It will stain just about anything!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David