1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Two New Jumbo Colors

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ntvtxngop, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Re: New Versions of MaxP Jumbo - EDC and LEO versions...

What bugs me the most is the new grab handle. Its great that they added it, but its anchored to the top pouch on the cover flap. Therefore the cover flap needs to be secured with the main side release buckle, or else using the grab handle will be awkward. The should have sewn the grab handle into the flat back part of the bag.

2. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

I had not seen those. Glad they keep cranking out the new stuff. But its not readily apparent to me how the EDC flavor differs from the standard version.

3. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

I like the LE version, nice! Great mag carrier a True EE bag.

4. jlagman

jlagman Loaded Pockets

At least the MSRP seems lower than the current model.

*shrug*

5. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Well, it's lighter...

6. Yaquina

Yaquina Empty Pockets

For those that are not aware of the differences, and missed my post below.... New model EDC uses 800d fabric instead of 1000d fabric. This means lighter weight, less stiff. New models have strap attachments on top instead of velcro, big plus for me. New models cost considerably less, big plus for everyone! I only wish this announcement would have come a week sooner, I could have saved 20+ dollars!!!!

Best to all...

7. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

+ 1,000,000 I never understand this design on any bag with a top opening flap.

I'm curious about the removal of PALS directly underneath the SRB on the EDC model. That's where I mount a small pouch because it keeps it out of the way of the main flap. Having a loop field there instead would be for...patches?

I do like the adjustable waistbelt and the elastic loops inside the front pocket.

8. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

Re: New EDC Bag from Maxpedition!

I'm curious as to how the 800D nylon compares to the 1000D. Anyone have experience with that issue? I wish they'd put those improved features on the standard version though...

9. roof_top_eagle

roof_top_eagle Empty Pockets

I just ordered a Maxpedition Fatboy...Can't wait to get it!

10. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

I don't see the storm collar the thing just gets in my way so theirs some less weight too
    jester02k

11. TNRat

TNRat Loaded Pockets

I have to admit I like these, but not as much as the orange.

12. FlatFender

FlatFender Loaded Pockets

Oh boy, I may need one of these.

13. ohGr

ohGr Loaded Pockets

Ditto

14. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

Regarding the grab handle design: like most things in life it requires a compromise.

If the handle gets attached to the back/flat section of the bag it may interfere with access to the CCW pocket and it would cause the bag to carry tilted in your hand because the handle would not be centered over the load.

If the handle is attached to the sides of the main compartment it is now centered for best carry but it will get in the way of the flap and to accessing the main compartment.

I think the design they came up with offers the fewest trade-offs.

15. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

[img width=640 height=480]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/jlomein/SEREbag/IMGP3506.jpg[/img]

My 5.11 SERE Bag has the grab handle attached to the back/flat section and it doesn't interfere with the CCW/slit pocket. When using the grab handle the bag does carry slightly tilted when loaded, but this is not an issue for short use, and with prolonged carry you're using the shoulder strap. The tilting is just as probable with the Maxpedition Jumbo grab handle if the main buckle is not secured and the buckle strap isn't fully tightened.

16. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

Don't go confusing my conjecture with examples and facts :lolhammer:

17. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

I like the EDC and would get one if they offered it in foliage green. I don't care for the military colors and have a few of their products in foliage.

18. FlatFender

FlatFender Loaded Pockets

I just ordered one. I cannot wait to get it! This looks like the perfect EDC bag for me.

19. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

The underside of the EDC has a grommet hole, I never put any liquids inside that compartment so now you have to worry about setting it down on wet ground. Water will be able to enter the bag (along with bugs) more easily (especial since they don't Teflon coat this "variant". I like how the standard Jumbo has the webbing on the bottom. I use a bit of shock-cord to keep a light jacket attached to the underside.

The compartment on the other side of the water bottle holder is longer (me Likey). I wonder if the pocket is still behind it (perfect for a short, fixed blade). I would hate to see that go.

I was wondering why the price was so low...now I know, switching form 1000d to 800d will lighten the weight: from maxpedition.com it claims "Tough PU-coated 800-denier nylon fabric for approx. 15% weight reduction". No Teflon coating? I don't like that.

As for the grab handle, I LOVE THIS! I want to feel it...it appears to be a lightweight strip. Placement could be better as well, such as in the back where it would not interfere with the CCW pocket.

after thinking about these packs, lesser quality as far as the 800D and no Teflon coating...oh, and in limited color options. I am thinking they are "testing the waters"...this may be a "Generation 1". If they rubberized the bottom, and removed the grommet, along with better placement of the grab handle, and offered it in other colors (blue or Foliage) I would have already ordered mine.

20. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Keep in mind that price drop is pretty substantial, besides, old jumbo is not going anywhere too.
    One :censored: for us southpaws is that new jumbo does not have S-Type version of it.

One of original appeals of maxpedition for me was the fact that it was almost unique in that they make bags specially designed for lefties.