1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Two is one and one is none

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Carcharodon carcharias, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

I don't duplicate my core EDC, but I do duplicate some tools at work. I carry a small tool kit in the front pocket of my lunch kit (a Maxpedition Micro), plus a small boo boo kit that fits in an Altoids tin that resides in the other front pocket of my lunch kit. My laptop bag contains a more comprehensive tool kit, with certain redundancies from my lunch kit, and another boo boo kit in an Altoids tin.

The reason I due this is I will almost always have either my lunch kit or laptop bag with me, while the other resides in my work van. If I need a tool, I can almost always get by with what I have with me, negating a need to go out to my van for more tools.

If I am going to be at a site most/all day and bring in my lunch kit and laptop bag, its only an extra Maxpedition Micro and Altoids tin, so not a lot of extra weight/bulk.

It works for me.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  2. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

First you clearly watched "G.I. Jane". I do have a backup of my EDC (Leatherman and Box Cutter) but wasn't intentional. An incident resulted of me having 2 of each so I just keep the other tool in a bag that sits in my car. I use that bag to keep all the standard car crap to be all over my car. Really handy when you get a new car and all you have to do is grab the bag. For the most part that is.