1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TweezersAndAToothpick's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by TweezersAndAToothpick, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Cornholio2188

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Congrats! Not sure if I just haven't seen many newborns-but that kid looks like he's gona be TALL! :p

2. Aslan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Aslan Loaded Pockets

Your new baby boy and that precious daughter give a whole new meaning to EDC! What great blessings!

3. plk7

plk7 Loaded Pockets

Congrats!

4. TweezersAndAToothpick

TweezersAndAToothpick Loaded Pockets

Thanks again everyone!

Been awhile since I've been actively posting here, been busy with the new boy and also just got a promotion at work so busy busy busy. Another reason is that my EDC has been quite dull! These three have been monopolizing my pockets for a few weeks now:

[​IMG]

Haven't had a reason to change from the Microstream since I started carrying it even though I own other lights as it does the job well and is cheap enough to beat around/lend out, the Pioneer does everything I need it to in a perfect size, and the Dragonfly 2 is very work/people friendly and I work 6 days a week usually so my work knife is my EDC knife pretty much. I sometimes switch to bigger/funner knives on my off days but this is pretty much my base lately.

5. TweezersAndAToothpick

Today...I reached beer nirvana. I found Pliny the Elder in a local store, completely caught me off gaurd. Always been on the lookout for it, never expected to find it at a wine and cheese store next to a farmers market. Here it is next to a few of my favorite knives, grail knives with my grail beer. Now I just have to find a way to experience Pliny the Younger...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Nice pour. Did you buy a few extra? Lucky :censored:, don't even see Russian River stuff in this part of CA. Only once and I couldn't convince the rest of the table to split the bottle.

TweezersAndAToothpick likes this.
  7. TweezersAndAToothpick

I bought two, drank one tonight and I'll save the other one for this weekend. Is is definitely tough to find! Mostly due to how picky Russian River are with who carries their stuff. To have Pliny the Elder on tap supposedly you have to know the owner or at least have met him. To have it in bottles you have to sign an agreement that you will keep it refrigerated at all times. I don't even know what you'd have to do to carry Pliny the Younger during it's limited release session. It did live up to it's reputation though, bright and crisp, hoppy punch, an incredibly silky mouth feel, just great stuff.

8. TweezersAndAToothpick

Got the Rat II in yesterday, good stuff! Always loved the Rat I but sometimes it's just too big to carry or use in front of people who don't like knives.

[​IMG]

Next to it's big bro:

[​IMG]

The Rat II has the same size thumb studs as the Rat I keeping deployment fast and easy :)

[​IMG]

Rat I in hand:

[​IMG]

Rat II in hand:

[​IMG]

Very happy with it, especially considering the price. Great deal.

9. caveanimal32

caveanimal32 Loaded Pockets

love that rat 2

Vesp likes this.
  10. TweezersAndAToothpick

A couple of my most recent pocket dumps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Highly recommend that beer, a very smooth Imperial IPA:

[​IMG]

11. TweezersAndAToothpick

My simple basic EDC:

[​IMG]

Alox :censored::

[​IMG]

12. TweezersAndAToothpick

13. TweezersAndAToothpick

Birthday EDC (it was yesterday but this is what I carried):

[​IMG]

PM2 Shot:

[​IMG]

Mmmm beer!:

[​IMG]

14. TweezersAndAToothpick

Mmmmm Salty bananas!

[​IMG]

Put a new edge on it yesterday with my Sharpmaker. It's cutting squiggles in paper now.

15. TweezersAndAToothpick

[​IMG]

This was my EDC a few days ago when I helped my buddy move. Gloves to lift things with sharp edges, Skyline because it's a beater for me and it was used to cut a lot of tape and junk, Casio Illuminator so none of my other watches got scratched up maneuvering furniture into a second story apartment, and my LM Wave w/ bit kit and extender. We did use the Wave to unhook the cable from his TV and take out some staples from something. I also used the gorilla tape in my EDC bag to help secure his fridge onto the items it was wedged between (we were short on bungee cords, it did the trick and kept everything tight!).

16. TweezersAndAToothpick

[​IMG]

This beer is crazy good! And it was brewed near where I live. Been on a Saison kick lately (when I can find it). Also in love with that trio, BM 707 Vic Cadet and Microstream.

17. TweezersAndAToothpick

I was on a 90 day probationary period in my new title as General Manager of the restaurant where I work. I told myself that when I get my promotion (and pay increase) I would buy myself my first really nice knife. Well I got my promotion last week and my first upgraded paycheck this week, so I took a trip to Plaza Cutlery in Costa Mesa. I was on the fence between a Small Sebenza and a Strider SNG, I ended up going with the Sebenza because I loved the feel and it was perfect pocket size for me. Couldn't be happier with the purchase! She's still a little stiff but I am breaking her in as I type this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the promotion and knife. But this post reminded me I'm behind on my beerhounding. Here's hoping there's still some w00tstout in my area so I can buy a case. It's all your fault! ;) (How did you like it? Do you anticipate it selling well?)

19. TweezersAndAToothpick

I like it a lot! Whenever I hear words like 'bourbon aged' and 'pecan' I get worried those flavors will be all I taste as some brewers get carried away with their 'flavors'. With this one they are all subtle notes in a fine symphony of a stout, hats off to them. I usually am not a fan of stone too. The 13% ABV is ridiculous too!

I think it will sell very well, I work with a few beer nerds and they have all been talking about it and buying it a lot.

EveryDayBeer likes this.