1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tweaks for Surefire G2

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by dental4usa, Mar 11, 2007.

1. dental4usa

dental4usa Loaded Pockets

Thanks, everyone! O0

I thought you "looked" familiar Lunal_Tic - I've thought so for a while. It's because of CPF!!! And yes, I was planning to get a spares carrier no matter what. Now I have to decide about the LED drop in - I've actually been reading about it on CPF. I am such a complete newbie on lights that sometimes I feel more comfortable asking a basic question in a less "threatening" environment, ya know? They're great folks, don't get me wrong, but I feel weird knowing nothing!! :rolleyes:

I will most likely pick up the LED drop in .. I think for now, I will check it out when it gets here.

I am definitely open to ideas, suggestions, etc., and I really do appreciate it! ;D

2. DUQ

DUQ Loaded Pockets

Don't forget about a lanyard :knuppel2:

3. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Yep it's me. ;D You'll see a lot of CPFers over here so feel free to fire off your questions, we'll do our best to help you out.

As for the LED drop-in, don't forget to specify that you have a G2 when ordering. There is an extra "floating" circle of wire that helps make contact in Nitrolon lights. If you choose to go with the non-Luxeon version you may have to put that bit in yourself to make it work right. Don't worry about it there is no technical aspect to it. One bit of solid wire cut to length bent in a circle. Just want you to know about it in advance.

As for other ideas, I have taken rubber/silicone furniture leg covers and cut the center out of them and used them for bezel guards on lights that get hard use or have a high chance of being dropped. They add an extra bit of impact protection for the body and LA.

-LT

4. kz1000s1

kz1000s1 Loaded Pockets

My G2 has a P90 with 2 RCR123 unprotected cells and it works great. It gets warm but won't melt the body. The Lexan lens will be ok as long as you don't keep it on for an extended time, then it will get distorted but probably won't melt. Mine didn't. I also have a Surefire M2 with a P91 and the same batteries. IMO the P91 would get too hot in a G2, though in the M2 it's fine.

I am a CPFer also.

5. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Hi kz1000s1, [​IMG] to EDCF.

I had to reread your post since I didn't catch "unprotected cells" the first time. I thought AW had pulled off some prestidigitation with his new protected cells. ;D

-LT