1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Turns out Gander Mountain sometimes has a deal!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by afultz075, Mar 4, 2011.

1. afultz075

afultz075 Loaded Pockets

I have about a 2 1/2 hour drive home from college and there's a Gander Mountain I pass on the way back about mid-way through the journey, so i've made a habit of stopping there everytime I come home to look at handguns, knives, etc and just stretch my legs and walk around a bit. It's all overpriced and I almost always leave empty handed, but today had me surprised. I spotted a couple Benchmades in the knife case and my jaw almost dropped when I saw they were not only reasonably priced, but a :censored: good deal at that (these were on closeout).

Both the Mini-Dejavoo and 707 were marked at $80, however the clerk couldn't find the box for the 707, so he knocked the price down to $70. Walked out of there paying $157 or so for the two after tax. Saved about $35 on the 707 and $30 or so on the Dejavoo compared to what these usually sell for new.
    [​IMG]

2. BikerTrash

BikerTrash Loaded Pockets

Nice score! I recently went into my local Gander Mt, and they had nothing good for knives, just Gerber and Buck. And I totally agree with you that everything is overpriced there. I have found a couple deals there, and one was a gun safe on Thanksgiving day.
    They are a Spyderco dealer, yet keep none in stock, and they said they could order me a knife. Why would I order from a store, when I could go online?

3. wfochris

wfochris Loaded Pockets

May have to head over there tomorrow.

4. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

The knives are usually overpriced there but you can find some deals on their other stuff when they clear out stuff when the seasons change.

5. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Nice find!