1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Trijicon inc. in trouble for helping soldiers see more then just the enemy

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Boy SureFire, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Lol at the "unbiased source" which has on its front page:

Lol, propaganda.

The treaty of Tripoli clearly states:

Even if it were clear that the creators of your country wanted religion forced upon people but the state to keep out of their business its clear this is a wrong decision and that the wall of separation is best served in both directions.

2. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Yes I'm aware of that bias, but what I was pointing out is that it says the Government can't endorse any given faith...

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"
    This quote needs to be cited (also EDCF rules see #3)before it can be even considered..Please tell me this isn't some Wikipedia quote, because I've never met a college professor that would accept that as a ligament source for college level writing. I'm not trying to attack you, but people can sometimes selectively quote a source to fit their need...

3. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I think it's cool and applaud Trijicon for this practice.

4. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

(the body of the post may not be directed at you Boy Surefire, but it does contradict the core of the site you linked to)

Its a direct quote from the Treaty of Tripoli as i stated.

Its full title is "Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli of Barbary". You can see why its shortened in length.

Here is a copy of it:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/TreatyofTripoli.gif
    or:
    http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/bar1796t.asp#art11
    Article 11 is the key part.

Its a common error, helped along by certain groups, that the US was built on the idea of being a "Christian Nation".

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."
    (that one is from Article 6 of the constitution)

The original intent is clear and if the Founding Fathers were here they would be on the side that these references should be removed asap and should have never been there in the first place, regardless of whose fault it was.

5. stormtracker

stormtracker Loaded Pockets

Im really philisophical and when I heard about this I thought deeply about it for about 2 minutes of reflection.

I think a good solution for all of those involved would to sit down at the table with Trijicon and ask them to replace the bible vs. With the Quote "Allah Akbar". This way our enemy wont be offended when our soldiers site them in and shoot them with a Trijicon scope.

If this doesn't work and Trijicon wont play ball then maybe we could sit down with the enemy. We will have to find them first. We could put them up at a real nice 5 star hotel and have the meeting there. We could ask them to ask their soldiers not to yell "Allah Akbar" when they shoot us or blow us up or behead us.

This will hopefully get the religion out of it as folks seem really uptight about this. Also we need to tell them how deeply offended we are about the word Jihad which translates into "Holy War". If we were to just explain to them that Allah Akbar and the word Jihad really, really hurts our feelings and if they could please stop i'm sure they will be reasonable about it and cease this behavior

Thinking about it I realize its our fault now and by using a scope that put a secret bible quote in the stock numbers was very insensitive. The enemy must have already been privy to this and that's why they were upset and yell Allah Akbar when they attack and call their struggle a Jihad.

:) :lolhammer:

Problem solved. Gosh that was easy.

6. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

I think that the enemy would be more offended by armies of Infidels running all over the countryside than a small Bible reference stamped on a very small military optic. But that's just my view...

7. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

I am the son and grandson of people who immigrated here for religious and political freedom. Both my father and grandfather served in the Army during their respective wars. I appreciate their sacrifices along with all the others who served. I'm also used to being part of a religious minority and have always taken the attitude of "live and let live." The military is right to allow bibles and personal expressions of religious faith. But, your religious freedom stops where mine begins, and vice versa.

The manufacturers who deface their products with quotes from somebody's bible flout the principle of religious freedom on which our society is based. Freedom of religion means freedom FROM religion in secular areas. They must be unaware of how abrasive their little quotes can be, and how obnoxious their insidious proselytizing really is.

The scopes should be recalled, or a means of obliterating the quotes supplied to any soldiers so requesting.

8. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's not so much the enemy as the mythical "undecided."

-Trevor

9. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Finally, someone gets it!

I have used Trij sights for years and I find them to be the best on the market, and God knows (whichever one you observe) I want our boys to have the best. But this is just petty and stupid. Fortunately I have a very reasonable solution. For a meager two million bucks, my battery powered Dremel and I will head over to the sand garden and turn this uproar to perfect harmony. I hope they get it together and stop this ridiculous practice.

10. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

But only for those who request it... ;)

11. ALTitude

ALTitude Empty Pockets

on the money Re: Trijicon inc.

For whatever reason, it's commonplace for people to insist the Founding Fathers & Mothers wanted to separate themselves from religious overtones. If so, I gotta wonder why "in God we Trust" has endured so long on U.S. currency. Those of you who want to quickly erase scripture references from gunsights can send me all your paper money *tainted* with "in God we trust".

12. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

agreed, dont get rid of the firearm just get rid of the ref. sep of C and S if its a government contract then the government should have known better.

I think this topic will spawn a religious topic debate, i hope it will just be opinions on what to do with the firearms not that "ITS NOT THEIR RIGHT TO PUT THAT ON PEOPLES GUNS!!!" and "IN GOD WE TRUST DONT REMOVE IT WTH???"

I am in the 3rd party, who cares its the companies right to put it on the firearm but if it does fall in line with a church and state issue then remove it or allow soldiers to remove it if they feel so inclined, its not part of the serial code so it wont cause any trouble with inventory with removing it.

13. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Re: on the money Re: Trijicon inc.

I will be more than happy to assist you in the collection of that offensive currency. ;)

14. SnWnMe

SnWnMe Loaded Pockets

Moslems outraged by military's use of sniper scopes with cross hairs.

15. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

Just for clarity: the terrorists are OK with being shot by our snipers but NOT if the rifle scope has a vague numerical reference to a biblical quote?

I guess you have to draw the line somewhere.

16. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

So i assume you failed that US History class then?

The motto In God We Trust was officially adopted only in 1956 and first appeared on currency in 1864 during the US Civil war to appease the minority of devout Christians of the time. The de facto motto of the US as chosen by the Founding Fathers and shown on the national seal was E Pluribus Unum. One from many or one of many parts or out of many, one. Depending on your translation.

Btw, the leading theory on the origin is from the Star Spangled Banner (written 38 years after the Declaration of Independence).

17. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

:crackup: :clap: :funnypost: :bounce: :dance:

18. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

19. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

Funny, the Israeli Defense Force uses Trijicon sights and has no issue with them: http://doubletapper.blogspot.com/2010/01/trijicon-rifle-scope-bible-code-in-idf.html And if Muslims are offended by them, too bad: I'm offended when Muslims strap bombs to women, children and the disabled and blow them up. I'm offended when Muslims cut off the heads of people just trying to help them. I'm offended when Muslims hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings, or load RIBs up with explosives and drive them into the side of US Naval Ships, or blow up US embassy's and other buildings around the world.

The difference is that if I'm offended, I deal with it, I don't claim victim status and whine like CAIR does.

I'm not Christian - and I wonder why you think you're qualified to speak for everyone who isn't? You certainly don't have permission to speak for me, sparky.

I wonder if I could order one with a custom quote like Psalms 91:5? A whole new customization option for my evil rifles.

20. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

My favorite verse, the fourth:

"O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
    Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
    Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.