1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Travelling to Iceland. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by AdrianChang, Mar 9, 2016.

1. AdrianChang

AdrianChang Loaded Pockets

Good day Gents,

Has anybody ever been to Iceland or from Iceland here? I will be traveling to Iceland with my family in April and could use some advice on where else to travel or some nice places to visit.

We will be joining a group tour and this is our itinerary, but we will be planning on extending 2 more days.

[​IMG]

On the 24th we plan to go snorkeling in the Silfra fissure and no plans yet on the 25th. Anything that you guys can recommend that we visit on the 25th? We want to go to the plane crash site or the Jokulsarlon glacier beach but I have heard those are far away. Would it be possible to take a day trip to any of those places? Or do you guys have any suggestions on somewhere near Reykjavic where we can visit that is great for taking photos or some daily activities?

Also, I know we are going on late April and the chance of seeing the Northern Lights are slim but are there any places you recommend that we can go to at night to go Aurora hunting?

Lastly, anything I should know about carrying knives in Iceland?:)

Many Thanks!
    Adrian

2. Chaz

Chaz Loaded Pockets

A jacket.

AdrianChang likes this.
  3. AdrianChang

That's definitely on the top of my list. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. gear_queer

gear_queer Loaded Pockets

I'm leaving for Iceland today! I found that following Iceland related Instagrams pin point the best sites to visit. Have fun. Look for a dude with a brown goruck.

AdrianChang likes this.
  5. AdrianChang

Awesome! Ive been here for 4 days already. I have to say this place is awesome, It doesn't dissapoint! Will give you a holler if I spot you. Enjoy!

6. Zangetsu74

Zangetsu74 Loaded Pockets

There are some companies that organize "northen lights tours" ; I guess I can not paste the link, but a google search might do the trick.

Some friends of mine got there last year, and as I intended to get there in March for vacation, they gently forwarded me a "google maps" with POI ; I may forward you the link should you find it useful for you.

7. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Awesome trip guys... Bucket list stuff.

How bout some photos? :D

8. AdrianChang

We are going back home today. Sadly, we weren't able to see the northern lighte.:( oh well, another reason to go back? lol. But it was still a great experience.