1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tradeshow Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Mr. Glass, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Mr. Glass

Mr. Glass Loaded Pockets

Hello,

A few times per year, I walk the floor of a tradeshow, and am exploring the idea of bringing a supplementary bag to carry the following, instead of my 40L carry-on backpack.

Microsoft Surface 3, chargers, and cables
    Other misc chargers and cables
    200 or so business cards in a "Really Useful Box" 0.3L size
    Bose QC35 in its zippered case
    Power strip & extension cord
    Tisses, small container of listerine
    2x 16-20oz watter bottles that I bought at the airport or the tradeshow and refill throughout the day

I need to have easy access to the water bottles.

Ideally, it would be lightweight enough that I could pack it in my (very large) checked suitcase.

Throughout the show, if I am having a meeting or a longer conversation at a booth, I need to be able to take it off and put it back on quickly, while wearing a suit. The bag doesn't necessarily need to be very "business-looking". Black is a plus.

Any suggestions?

2. Mr. Glass

Mr. Glass Loaded Pockets

I am eyeing this and think I may give it a try. I don't see too many threads on BackTpack here on EDC. Any opinions? Seems like the weight distribution would be ideal for walking a tradeshow all day, but I wonder how comfortable it will be wearing over a suit.

https://www.backtpack.com/product/backtpack-4/

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use the Bihn Co-Pilot or Pilot for Tradeshows but would be killed if trying to CCW Bose cans!

The Bihn Absolute Strap does a lot of the comfort making here too.

My biggest problem is that I tend to grab Lit. and not remember that it kills me somehow so a smaller bag really helps kill that impulse for me.

4. Bdon

Bdon Loaded Pockets

A couple weeks ago my wife picked up some Eddie Bauer stowaway bags 20l for us tot take on vacation. They come in 10l, 20l, and 30l variations. They have a few color opinion with solid black being one. She gone me black and green and herself a purple one. They are very light and fold away into there storage compartment pocket.
    I've been carrying mine as edc now since she got them. I like them bc they weigh nothing.
    The have have 2 side pouches for water too. Since I've been off for a couple weeks doing day trips and running around I've mostly stuffed them with kids craps plus my usual carry as well(fak, multitools, cordage phone chargers etc).
    They have even made a couple trips to the lake.
    I may wind up going back for the 30l for winter use.
    Here's a couple of pics of the 20l

First the bag
    [​IMG]

This is the stuff sack it goes into.
    [​IMG]

MCPOWoller and EZDog like this.
  5. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

Goruck Bullet or Rucker?
    Pretty slick looking but the water would have to be inside the bag.
    Plus: they're on sale right now.

6. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

If a sling bag is acceptable, the Vanquest Mobius 2.0 is a great bag for easy access to water.

7. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

I found a drawstring bag (at a tradeshow) that has a tablet slot in back (no external access), webbing straps, a open slash pocket on back, and an external water bottle (1) sleeve on the side -- packs down to nothing. When my tablet is in the back pocket the pack carries well and is ok using both straps over one shoulder. The design is so simple I could probably replicate it in tyvex using tape.

Unfortunately, I have no idea who made it and the company whose logo is on it is huge - so no chance of calling the marketing team to find out where they ordered it

#7 Jean, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  8. Mr. Glass

Mr. Glass Loaded Pockets

9. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

The last tradeshow I attended we were given a Pelikan backpack. Huge, and would carry all you would ever need. Given that you never gunna be far from anything: stands, lockers refreshment. I would either rely on trade-show freebies or rock with a small backpack just big enough for essentials. I use a Tom Bihn copilot shoulder bag, though its capacity for trade-show A4 brochures and bumf is limited. This is actually a good thing as you otherwise acquire far too much promotional crap as a visitor. It can (just) hold a 20oz Kleen Kanteen.

tbzbbt