1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Toughest Sneakers

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by CTSC, May 9, 2013.

1. Matthew03

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

I did just get a pair of Scarpa Zen's. Haven't spent a lot of time in them yet, but they appear that they are going to be one tough pair of sneakers; that is if you consider them in that class. Almost feel like they are in between a sneaker and hiking boot.

2. Black Helmet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Converse hands down. I have done everything in those suckers.

alex fekete and powerring like this.
  3. 5280xdmguy

5280xdmguy Loaded Pockets

I've had good luck with New Balance and Nike (believe it or not). Problem is the cushion and soles always wear out before the rest of the shoe. I usually get a good 6-9 months out of a pair. After that it usually gets retired to yard work duty.

4. nightowl

nightowl Loaded Pockets

Cool...I thought I was the only one who went through shoes fast.

I always end up at a barbecue next to the guy who says, "yeah, I've had these shoes for 8 years!"...

I'm like, what the heck ?!?

jeepsrjason likes this.
  5. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

Ya, it amazes me when I hear that!!! If I actually run in my sneakers, they last 6 months. I've got a pair of ASICS that are 4 months old and there's already holes in the inside heel and the tread is gone! I have a pair of Nike shox that have lasted 3 years but I never run in them and I never really wear them.:rolleyes_revamped: I've had pretty good luck with Brooks Cascadias. My Cascadia 6s lasted 6 months before they were stolen!:eek: I bought another pair but I got them of Ebay and they were the wrong size.:mad: Now I'm rocking Cascadia 8s and they seem just as well built. Taking them to S.A. I hope they last at least a few months!;)

6. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

My sneakers last 2-3 months only. I'm highly susceptible to plantar fasciitis. I've got really narrow, really long feet with really high arches. I have to wear Nike airs. Getting plantar makes it feel like you are walking on glass shards. We have a Nike outlet here thankfully since I go through shoes so fast. Mine also break down quicker because I limp. When I can't wear them anymore, they go to my favorite homeless shelter.

Sent by Owl Post

7. zombieslayer001

Try some brooks. I love mine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jeepsrjason likes this.
  8. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I swear by Salomon shoes.
    comfortable and long lasting.

9. airsickness

airsickness Loaded Pockets

Mine as well. I've owned 6 pairs since they came out. Although I have yet to find a SHOE the doesnt eventually hurt the arches of my feet by the end of the day. My Wolverine boots I can wear all day pain free. But shoe style...Moabs so far

powerring likes this.
  10. Kope

Kope Loaded Pockets

Salomons-best pair of shoes I have ever owned. Merrell is a very close second.

11. PaBushcrafter4659

PaBushcrafter4659 Loaded Pockets

Solomons, or Itasca's, hands down.

12. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

My wife has a pair of Rockport Walkers from about 1990, not worn often anymore, but still quite serviceable after who knows how many miles.

I have a pair of inexpensive Columbia brand walking shoes from REI that hold up amazingly. I wear them for day hikes and such when I don;t want boots and don't care if they get beat up. They've walked in water and mud and have been through a lot. Not all that pretty, but still serviceable and comfortable. It's surprising as other Columbia stuff has not held up nearly as well, but their shoes and boots seem to.

For regular shoes though I don't expect more than a year. I tent to buy the least expensive non neon colored size 14 they have in stock at the Nike Outlet each spring.

13. CAPTSHOE

CAPTSHOE Loaded Pockets

I have weird shaped feet so the only sneakers that seem to fit are New Balance in extra wide, even though my feet don't measure that way. My feet are very wide at the toes any anything else feels very tight. The good thing is New Balance are pretty well made and last about 6 months or so.