1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Touchless door opener with stylus tip

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Small Shiny Objects, Aug 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Small Shiny Objects

Small Shiny Objects Loaded Pockets

I've seen some of these keychain devices that have one finger hole in them that can be used to pull open doors as well as push small buttons or enter information on to the touchscreens on the credit card machines.

I'm always having to pick up prescriptions for my elderly neighbor and it boggles my mind that the pharmacies still make you touch their nasty credit card touch screens to input the patients birthday before being able to process the credit card payment.

It would also be nice to have something to pull open doors with.

If you google "touchless door opener with stylus tip" or do a search for that on Amazon you'll get the picture of the small keychain devices that I'm asking about.

Do any of this sites sponsors offer devices like this? If not, any links to any good quality Made in the USA devices?

Thanks

2. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

I sent for the brass one, never got it... just wash you hands a lot I guess......

Last edited by Tony Sal, Aug 22, 2020
    #2 Tony Sal, Aug 21, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    ox71 and Tallboyjim like this.
  3. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

I have keyless entry FOB for the car and combo deadbolt on the house so my key chain just lives in my pocket and very rarely see light.
    A quick Amazon search showed lots of these gadgets. The only one interesting was attached to one of those rewindable ID reels that you could clip to your belt for easy access, but I think it's a solution for no problem.

ox71 and Tony Sal like this.
  4. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

Why not edc a robot arm to pick up all the stuff you buy as well, all that stuff is picked up and handled by many hands before yours, the same hands that open the doors you need that handle hook thingy to open...

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Tony Sal and Moshe ben David like this.
  5. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

This is so true. And having a possibly contaminated fobby-thingy on my key chain isn't an ideal situation in my way of thinking.

To protect oneself from a virus that can survive for a long time on most surfaces is a really hard logistics operation. I just use my hands for everything and make sure I wash them before I transfer anything to a surface I need to be safe. KISS.

Tony Sal and Moshe ben David like this.
  6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I must be lucky. The pharmacists at my Safeway no longer require that I do such things... they key it in for me. But then I'm there so often these days.... :).

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Tony Sal likes this.
  7. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Do this - or sanatise. You’re only going to put th virus-infected pointy thing in your pocket anyway!

Tony Sal and aicolainen like this.
  8. Aruetii

Aruetii Loaded Pockets

Yes,and in case some people find it weird spraying antiseptic alcohol everywhere to do it,try getting a small sample of radioactive ore(in a lead box,of course).Open box and point it to bombard touch surface with ionizing radiation. Probably works better than UV lamps at sterilizing everything(including humans).And it should last years depending on the type of ore.

Lateck and Tony Sal like this.
  9. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I tend to use a retracted pen on keypads anyway.
    So far a credit card readers are concerned, I spray my hands and card immediately after use.

I carry a refillable Sharpie-sized spray bottle.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

10. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

...however, I saw one made of brass I think...
    critters don't live on brass, copper, zinc, lead, etc. - hence the 'anti-fouling' paints for the bottoms of ships and boats...
    '
    '
    "
    '

11. Moshe ben David

Yes, there's a long history of using copper and copper containing alloys to fight microbes - with an emphasis on bacteria and I believe fungi spores... Also silver.

The story with regard to various metal elements and viruses, particularly coronaviruses in general, is not clear at this time.

I had an in-law send me some masks recently out of Taiwan. Some US outfit which is a market-brand type company (they just put their brand name on whatever they think can sell.... sort of the kind of outfit that shows up in late nite TV ads!) came out with a line of cloth masks that (a) they said had silver in some 'nanoparticle' form in the fabric; (b) they made wild claims about how great that would be as a protection from coronavirus....

A classmate of mine from college -- who went on to a career in pharmaceutical development -- and I looked into said claims. The jury is shall we see out. Mostly because the only information is preliminary and inconclusive with regard to the coronavirus -- ANY coronavirus.

Bottom line: no contact is still best.

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

jag-engr, ox71 and Tony Sal like this.
  12. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

...and Wash Your Hands!

ox71, Tallboyjim and Moshe ben David like this.
  13. Moshe ben David

Right on!

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Tony Sal likes this.
  14. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

Do the same things you do as in the past with influenza out breaks . Copper silver ionization destroys bacteria ability to maintain cell wall integrity since covid is a virus and much smaller it is useless. I maintain machines that put copper and silver in to our hospital water system to reduce bacteria . I work maintenance in a level one trauma center . Since we have to enter patients rooms and are highly involved in infection control issues we get actual numbers for patients I am responsible for medical gasses I know how many people are hospitalized and how many are critical. I know people who work in at least 5 other hospitals. Here in the mid west the numbers media and politicians are giving you range from half truths to flat out lies.

Tony Sal likes this.
  15. Moshe ben David

High or low? Or both, but all just inaccurate/false/untrustworthy?

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

Tony Sal likes this.
  16. plumberroy

The local counties on mandatory mask order sighting sky rocketing hospitalizations and positive test. I heard the morning briefing that morning we were lowest positive patients count since this began and numbers were dropping. I spoke with a friend who is a manager at another local hospital same this there . Another friend who is a lab manager said percentage of positive results is dropping. I have seen this several times. Medical facilities are going along with it because anything the can say they need to treat Covid-19 the government is paying for . Air handlers, lab equipment etc. We actually have a column on our work orders to Mark covid related.
    Think about it H1N1 influenza has a asymptomatic rate about the same as covid yet they never tested people without symptoms.
    Average age of deaths from covid is 78 .

I don't want to sound harsh , but I have to go into these patients rooms most would last another 6 months even without Covid

Tony Sal likes this.
  17. Small Shiny Objects

Small Shiny Objects Loaded Pockets

Update.

In the hospital right now and so far, very happy with the two items I purchased.

To be honest, I'm pretty surprised at some of the feedback. Hell, most of you guys carry 10 pounds of rarely used items on your person daily, just in case a situation may arise that could justify your interest in EDC.

I'm not a hater, nor am I trying to start any arguments, just merely expressing my surprise.

Anyway, I decided on the following two items from Amazon and so far today in the hospital I've used them nine times.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0887NJCZ9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073R5RDX6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I'd post a photo of the setup hanging off my belt loop, but it looks like I'd need an image hosting site, which I no longer have.

brisboy, Moshe ben David and Tony Sal like this.
  18. plumberroy

My job puts me in the position to know about the things discussed I have maintained machines that inject copper silver ionization into water for a hospital. It is effective on bacteria not viruses. I work in a hospital I am not worried about this virus it's no more threat than the flu

Tony Sal, ox71 and jimboinwv like this.
  19. jimboinwv

jimboinwv Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    I think they sent us the Virus to sell us these...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small Shiny Objects and Tony Sal like this.
  20. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

This thread has more life than the Covid!!

Tony Sal and jimboinwv like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.