1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Top Ten Reasons Why ...

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by xbanker, Apr 21, 2012.

1. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

... I'm an EDCF Supporter. [Despite Moderator Administrator beneath my mugshot, this is strictly an unofficial-just-another-member post, one contemplated for a couple of months.]

1. The often-cited EDCF atmosphere: 99.99% of the time, EDCF'ers are a civil, friendly, knowledgeable bunch, here to have a fun time with this EDC weirdness.​
    2. I've gotten much from this community over six nine ten years; happy to give back in some small way.​
    3. What better way to add a little "color" to my avatar box than to adorn it with a Supporter ribbon?​
    4. EDCF is arguably the largest gathering of gear-geeks under one roof across the entire 'net — closing in on 30,000 35,000 43,000 47,000 Yes, CPF is larger. Blade is larger. But with a narrower focus. On EDCF, I can indulge all of my hopeless addictions in one place.​
    5. I've met — virtually speaking — many fine people here, and am pleased to call them friends.​
    6. I can count on finding a heads-up when new gear hits the market, often with informed reviews and reliable sources. Nirvana for an EDC junkie!​
    7. Every year I spend at least [classified in case my wife sees this] dollars on EDC goodies. In comparison, the EDCF Supporter Program is uber-cheap. As little as $5 every three months. A genuine bargain!​
    8. I admire and respect people who put heart, soul and dedication into an undertaking, usually at great personal sacrifice. That describes JonSidneyB, our inexhaustible leader/owner, who makes this thing work with little fanfare and no complaint. He just does it ... and we benefit.​
    9. Having had a career in the wonder world of finance, I'm big on cost-benefit analyses. The money I save as an EDCF'er pays for my Supporter contribution many times over. How? I can list/sell EDC goodies for free on B/S/T. I can buy like-new or gently-used gear on B/S/T, often at significant savings. And you can't put a price on knowledge ... plenty of it around here.​
    10. I'm likin' the new forum software a lot! Jon has spared no effort (or $$$) on the conversion and resolution of the inevitable post-conversion issues.​
    It's fast! It's inexpensive! Just click Support EDC Forums on the main page's navigation bar (Paypal required). No, you're not making an ongoing commitment. You initiate the payment every time you wish to participate.

Last edited by xbanker, Apr 23, 2016
  2. BullRome

BullRome Loaded Pockets

I recently became a supporter of EDCF. My reason for doing this is to try to help out the one "publication" (if you will) that offers me more insight into my interests than any magazine subscription possibly can. It has also been a great place to meet some cool people who share my interests. Support the forum!

medic68, Highway9, Gnarly and 2 others like this.
  3. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I am a supporter because I receive a benefit and believe in paying my own way.

T.H.Cone, Gnarly, SAKplumber and 3 others like this.
  4. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

EDC...and EDCF...
    Live it,
    Love it,
    Be able to Laugh at it,
    Learn more about it,
    Respect it...your's and other's,
    Gain new friendships from nearby, to across the seas and continents of this small world,
    I can proudly say that I have developed many new friendships here,
    I could never buy the knowledge that I have learned here,
    With some of this knowledge, I have saved money, which of course is money earned, not wasted on disappointment,
    I truly Love everything about this Forum and it's Members!!
    ....Just Renewed My +1 Supporter Badge....
    A Special "Thank You" Goes Out To Jon, for everything he does for this fine Forum!!!

5. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I think it's only fair to support the forum being that it's basically free. Besides that it's for a good cause, all of the good information that is found here.

medic68, Gnarly, SAKplumber and 3 others like this.
  6. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I agree completely with the above and in addition, go on and check out Jon's store to see if there is anything that you like there.

medic68, SurvivePenna, Gnarly and 2 others like this.
  7. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

It's worth noting: Buy/Sell/Trade sub-forum is the most active sub-forum in terms of thread-count and second only to Knives in post-count — and participation is completely cost-free for all members.

There are other forums many of us also visit where that's not the case. Sellers must pay to sell, either through a membership upgrade or by a donation based on items sold.

Gnarly likes this.
  8. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Xbanker, I am in your debt,again.
    Thanx! for the reminder, by starting this thread.
    My supporter badge is due for renewal, now.

I'll just go fix that now.

SAKplumber likes this.
  9. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Update: here's what I found:
    Expires: May 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    I was gonna go ahead & re-up, but somehow can't.

10. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

Only 3 more to go for me.

That said a +5 supporter badge is needed so the banners above my name will come to a nice even 6.

Yes I know I am neurotic.

Nick4305, Gnarly and SAKplumber like this.
  11. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Loaded Pockets

Firstly, I feel we should sticky this thread, to encourage more members to support the forum. Thank you xBanker for the beautifully presented thread you created,seems you put alot of thought into this.

I love this forum very much. The fantastic quality of the EDCF atmosphere cannot be over stated enough. Members here are passionate about this"hobby", myself included. The bulk of all my knowledge regarding EDC has been gathered perusing this place with fervor. There is NO other forum out there where we can discuss such a variety of subject matter, inciting thoughtful and productive conversations. This is a place of refuge for many of us where others understand why we carry all this "stuff". Being a member here has brought me great satisfaction, knowing that I'm contributing in some way to someone's day when leaving a positive comment following their post, etc.

If you truly care about this forum, and want to see it stick around, don't hesitate.
    Support the forum in whatever way possible.
    Thanks Jon.

12. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Let's crank that up a couple of notches so the entire world can enjoy that public confession! :bounce:

13. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I renewed again, Jon should make a yearly subscription +5 supporter.

I loose track of this things! :oops:

jacobwilson99, SAKplumber and Gnarly like this.
  14. Amikeb

Amikeb Loaded Pockets

I'd love to see a yearly option.

15. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

STRONGLY AGREE!....and this deserves to be made a Sticky.

billybag likes this.
  16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I dood it.

OooOOoooooh...purty!

Thanks for the reminder:) And well said, sir.

(I wish I had an "EVIL PERSON")

Gnarly likes this.
  17. yooden

yooden Loaded Pockets

Number One Reason why I am not a Supporter

I don't do Paypal. Like, at all.

Last edited by yooden, Jul 18, 2012
  18. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Bah! You don't have to have an account. Can't you do a one time credit / debit charge thru paypal.... Cop out ;)

Nick4305 likes this.
  19. yooden

yooden Loaded Pockets

Nope, not a copout. They are disgusting and I don't want them to profit from me in any way. I also make it known, simply to point out that Paypal shouldn't be taken for granted.

(I'm new anyway, let me look around for a bit to accomodate.)

20. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I know I'm just kidding... If you ever decide you want to donate.. I'd accept a money order and do Paypal on your behalf

Nick4305, keeper, Gnarly and 4 others like this.