1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Top keychain tool you can't be without?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by EastCoastGuy, Mar 10, 2018.

1. EastCoastGuy

EastCoastGuy Loaded Pockets

Let's see them!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Any dedicated bottle opener. Can't recall the last time I needed one. When I do, I usually have either a SAK or a MT that will open the bottle. No, I'm not talking corkscrews! Although I've never needed one of those on my person either now that I think about it!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Tesla likes this.
  3. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Tile. Don’t leave home without it.

Jay-uk likes this.
  4. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

My truck key. Gotta be able to open and start my truck. :uhhuh:

5. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Using the 2 is 1 & 1 is none theorem, I always have a bottle opener on the keyring (and on my Swiza D4) AND a cigar punch.

6. EastCoastGuy

EastCoastGuy Loaded Pockets

As a wine drinker I need to find a bottle opener with a corkscrew on it. Smaller the better. Any recommendations? Pics would be nice too!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

7. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Most of the "waiter's" corkscrews have both. They're usually available at larger package stores. Try to get the 2-step type. Anything smaller than those is really pretty useless, IME. I purposely did not get a corkscrew on my knife--the ones on "Swiss" knives will work in a pinch, but eventually you'll wind up with a stuck or broken cork. Multi-tools have their place, but not in this case. The dedicated tool is the way to go.

8. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

My #1 favorite keychain tool is the LM Style PS. The mini-pliers and scissors on it rock. Right after that would be a mini prybar... I'm currently using my Gecko Shark prytool on my keychain. Decent scraping, prying, and screw turning ability and also good at undoing knots.

9. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

Since I always already carry a multi-tool (Rebar), what I need most on my keychain is a flashlight. I carry larger lights as well, but for when my keys are in my hand, I want a light there too. A fauxton, Tube, Tip, or Sidekick, really anything will do, as it will never be my main light.

10. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure why I posted this here. Did this thread start as a thread asking whether we could live without a bottle opener or needed one? Or did I post this and confused this thread with a different thread????

At any rate, in terms of top keychain tool, hands down: my LM Squirt PS4. Love having a mini-MT always with me.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

11. Blaablaaguy

Blaablaaguy Empty Pockets

Keychain ductape. Just a piece of paracord, folded over, knotted, with ductape wrapped around it.

12. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

One of my past EDC setups... :)
    [​IMG]

#12 Nick4305, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  13. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

Honestly more than anything else, my tritium glowstick (which is dying :(). Makes it so much easier to find my keys at night.

14. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

Swiss Army Knife classic. I have the glow in the dark handled one. My keychain has evolved to where this is almost the only tool left. There are much better tweezers and compact scissors, like the ones on my LM micra in my bag, but just having them handy on the keychain makes up for the lower performance. The knife on the classic is pretty much useless due to the design. (Impossible to use while hooked to the keychain with my big hands due to the direction the blade opens.) But I regularly use the scissors and tweezers. (I detest gloves and work with wood, splinters are a common occurrence.)

Grizz

15. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

tools on my keychain have come and gone but the ones that remain on a regular basis are my SAK classic SD and Fenix E05 flashlight. My Nitecore Tube died on me after about a year and I haven't replaced it.

No bottle opener on the Classic SD but I have a Zootility Pocket Monkey in my wallet.

16. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

The SAK Rambler, is my only keychain tool other than a mini flashlight. It has everything the classic has in the same size, but add a bottle opener and phillips screwdriver.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  17. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

Just a small flashlight. I have a few other things in my pockets, but prefer to keep my keyring pretty simple.

18. bj warkentin

bj warkentin Loaded Pockets

All my keychains have a small flashlight and some sort of teeny tiny blade (SOG key knife, SOG mini, Spyderco bug), as backup to the larger blade and flashlight I pocket carry. That way if I am out of the house or wearing anything with pockets I will always have some sort of knife and light.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  19. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Flashlight I got at Target.

20. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Really 2: Simple cap lifter and cigar punch