1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Toolkit, Eye Candy Thread and a Versipack Jumbo!!!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by stormtracker, May 6, 2009.

1. stormtracker

stormtracker Loaded Pockets

Toolkit, Eye Candy Thread and a Versipack Jumbo!!!!!

Ok so as some of you may know I sew in my basement. Other threads pertaining to this.

http://edcforums.com/index.php?topic=21721.0

Recently I moved and have been busy and scarce around here. Good news is I increased drastically the size of my Tactical Gear Lab and I'm about 75% up and running. That's another story.

Lately I was caught up in a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack thread here and on a couple other boards.. It really caught my eye. I bought the Khaki/ Foilage "S" model and love it.

[​IMG]

Although a nice bag, I have alot of stuff I want to carry and I need organization. One thing I need is a laptop netbook (small). This means I need to make a padded sleeve. Thats my next project! Also I need an organizer for the tools I want to carry. Nothing seemed to fit the bill except maybe TAD gears OP Shingle. It seemed too small for my purposes though and I think it fulfills a different need as more of an admin pouch that attaches to your bag or molle externally. Pic below.

[​IMG]

Another option was Countycomms Responder Bag. At 12" outer length it is too large to fit into the Jumbo Versipack. I seen a thread here where someone was using their responder toolkit and had a pretty cool deal going. I thought someday Ill make me something like that. Pic below.

[​IMG]

Today was the day. I had spare time and got up early. I laid out all my fabric and used some of the stock I had on hand. I wanted a tool folder that fit in my versipack.

This is my end result. 9" x 7" x 2" prototype tool folder.

[​IMG]

This is the open angle of the pouch. It has 3 pockets on the left. 2 smaller and one large. It also has a Grimlock lanyard holder and lots of different places with mil. spec elastic to keep all of your tools secure. I used velcro on the right side and some different elastic attachments to give me some modularity.

[​IMG]

Here is a pic I took with it loaded down so that you can see the capacity and different options and variations.

[​IMG]

Another pic i took of it slid into position in its new home.

[​IMG]

Looking at this design, are there any ideas or improvements that you can think of that would make it better? I have many ideas and again this is a prototype. I would like some others input. I might try selling these if I get enough interest. Jon gave me permission to sell on here. That's another thread in its appropriate spot.

Any input is appreciated. Enjoy the eye candy ;D

2. buckshot

buckshot Loaded Pockets

Re: Help* design the ultimate toolkit for my Jumbo Versipack. Custom made goodness!

Stormtracker that is an amazing creation!

You have created something that I have dreamed about for some time. The size is perfect, its larger than the CC pocket organizers and smaller than the responder and will fit in most packs or bags without any uncecessary bulk.

I love how you did the left side with various sizes of elastic holders as well as several pockets behind them and the right is great too with the velcro, you can decide if you want to mount things horizontal or vertical depending on your need for the day.

The only suggestions that come to mind would be to make a hidden area behind the velcro to allow you to store additional flat items underneath, but that may compromise the strength of the velcro too I guess. The other suggestion that comes to mind would be one large zippered pocket on the outside to keep things in so you dont need to unzip the entire bag to access them.

I guess my only question is when will you be going in to production and when can we all get one? :)

Very nicely done, thanks for sharing.

3. FeebleOldMan

FeebleOldMan Loaded Pockets

jafkalkdl;bkfl;ml;ksdml;mg//,.fdgm,./a;lwno35i;ds;lsdknm;as;me;malfvlsdk,f,;lasdf

Pardon me. My drool has just shorted out the keyboard. :drool:

4. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

That prototype is awesome :thumbsup: :shocked: If you ever finalize the design you should make some and sell them! :highfive:

BTW would you mind listing the contents of the OP1 and the Responder Pouch?

5. stormtracker

stormtracker Loaded Pockets

Im sure if I could get maybe 10 or more people interested I could make a special run. :D

About the contents. Your guess is as good as mine. I copied the photos from this site over a period of the last year. Mine is just a bunch of random junk one would put in a toolkit.

6. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Anyone else interested? ;D

7. Lurkr

Lurkr Loaded Pockets

wow.

Really makes me wish I'd paid more attention during the sewing section of Home Economics.

Great Job, Stormy!

8. jenkinma

jenkinma Loaded Pockets

WOW! Very cool.
    I have a Jumbo and haven't invested in an organizer (save for a Spec-Ops Pack Rat... but that is serving a different purpose)

I would be interested... Maybe in black? :trampoline:

What is your estimated cost, Stormie?

9. Scorpion Regent

Scorpion Regent Empty Pockets

Nice work, very desirable. ;D Improvements: I'm with Buckshot a extra pocket or two couldn't hurt. Maybe pals webbing on the outside to attach it to or attach even more things to it, but who am I kidding I see where it lives it doesn't need that. I just think that every pouch/bag/pack/organizer should be able to multitask. Pals webs would allow to hook up webbing for a improvised shoulder strap or hook it to a belt or hang on the outside of a pack. Let's say that if you are making this for the sole purpose of sitting inside your versipack then forget the webbing. If your are going to make it for sale put it on.

I too am interested, I am also, regrettably, broke. :( Maybe I have something to trade. Time to mount a expedition into that treacherous cavern known as "The Garage of horrors".

10. BadKarma

BadKarma Empty Pockets

Great work, nice organizer. I'd be interested in one, it's just what I've been looking for.

11. WVDAVE

WVDAVE Loaded Pockets

Me thinks, me wants one also! I'm in for one please.

12. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Looks like we got 5 people interested.

13. DSC

DSC Banned

I may be interested, depending on the price.

14. newtothis

newtothis Loaded Pockets

Maybe, waiting for price.

T

15. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

Same here ;)

16. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

Wow, that is really nice. Great Job!!

17. irgun37

irgun37 Loaded Pockets