1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tool compatibility among Victorinox SAK models

Discussion in 'Knives' started by HeadedToTexas, Mar 17, 2020.

1. HeadedToTexas

HeadedToTexas Loaded Pockets

I have a circa 1992 58mm Bladeless with tweezers and the small pen. I also have a circa 1974 91mm Fisherman with tweezers and toothpick. Not surprisingly, the removable tools from these different models are not interchangeable.

[​IMG]

The old Fisherman tool slots are the same on both sides even though the tools aren't interchangeable. The tool slots on my Bladeless are different. The tweezers slot is maybe 20% wider than the pen slot. Is that the case with all 58mm models? I don't have a Classic SD to measure, but are the slots for its tweezers and toothpick different widths?

#1 HeadedToTexas, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    timcyms likes this.
  2. timcyms
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

timcyms Loaded Pockets

Just checked and the tweezers and toothpick slots are interchangeable on the classic and appear centered in the scales similar to the bladeless. My tinker has tweezers and toothpicks that are offset similar to the Fisherman and are therefor not interchangeable. Good question!

3. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

The pen slot is going to be narrower than a toothpick or tweezer slot simply because the pen is smaller.

4. HeadedToTexas

HeadedToTexas Loaded Pockets

Yes, and that drastically cuts down the aftermarket scales market. Looks like Bladeless owners will have to decide between custom scales and the pen; all 3 of us ;)