1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Too many knives!!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by paustin, Feb 16, 2010.

1. paustin

paustin Loaded Pockets

Just wondering how many of you out there are like me and just can't seem to stop buying knives. Every time I order a new one, as soon as the order is on its way I'm back on the net researching whats next. I can't stop myself. My wife seems to like me buying knives better than guns. I've had to slow down buying firearms now that I have two kids, but the knives and now flashlights just keep coming. I've got some that I've never even carried.

2. StealthChaser13

StealthChaser13 Loaded Pockets

unfortunately, I am like that...pretty much anytime i have some spare cash im buying a new knife...still trying to find the perfect edc knife

3. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

I don't. I guess I have lower standards, but I find my Benchmade Griptillian to more than suffice for EDC.
    My RAT HEST works great in the outdoors.
    I've got a Gerber ridge knife in my bike gear, and an Artifact for more dressy occasions

that's all the knives I have, and I purchased them after recognizing a need for them

4. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

I only keep 3 at a time for each lights and knives. I have room in my drawer by my bed just for that many items. If I get a new one I just sell which ever one I carry the least. But I too do buy a lot of knives however I sell one for every one I buy I don't like things hanging around not being used. So I sell it and let someone else get some use out of it.

5. tabler1010

tabler1010 Empty Pockets

If anyone here has to many knives I will be happy to take some. PM me if you are interested in giving stuff to me.

6. Coolio

Coolio Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I was like you just not too long ago. But then I started having too many knives to actually use so I made a decision to just concentrate on purchases of knives that I will have for-the-rest-of-my-life type knives - aka "keepers". So I sold off a bunch that I did not really use and used that money to buy some of the "essential" knives. Now I'm down to a handful for the knives I will really use. There are still a few more I want to get to round out my system. I may get a few more as new one come out that are intriguing like the Spyderco Military Titanium which I have on pre-order and my "grail knives" like the Large Sebenza, Buck Mayo TNT, Hinderer XM18 and maybe a Strider. I may even get a custom or 2 and round out my fixed blades but I always look at whether I will keep the knife for life or not when making the purchase decision. I will always look at the knive I have also and determine if it is a keeper from time to time too.

I'm not a collector per se and do not want to just accumulate knives just because it is a cool new model. I believe there is a name for that disorder. :-X :laugh:

I actually need to "clean house" on my SAK's now and especially my flashlights. :shrug:

7. paustin

paustin Loaded Pockets

I have some decent knives about six blue and black class benchmades and a couple of spyderco's. I seem to carry the kershaw stuff I have more than anything. I also have stuff from SOG, Gerber, some cheap smith and wesson knives somebody got me for Christmas. Its just that everytime I get on my laptop I find a new benchmade or spyderco that I just can't seem to live without.

8. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

I have too many knives but keep buying them anyways. Sure there are some that I do not use, but if I dont use a knife for long enough ill end up giving it away to someone I feel would appreciate it or needs it.

9. ohGr

ohGr Loaded Pockets

I only have a few, I don't buy new ones till the ones I have die. I'm sure this is only because of funds though.

10. sonny

sonny Empty Pockets

I'm afraid to count.... :D

11. bwperdue

bwperdue Loaded Pockets

So...whatcha got? :-X

12. Bierkameel

Bierkameel Loaded Pockets

Yup I have the same problem, knives, watches, zippo's and flashlights.

13. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

Too many knives???? NOT possible!! ;D ;D :D

14. preacher

preacher Loaded Pockets

15. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

There is an old saying about ammunition: The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you are drowning or when you are on fire. Perhaps you could drop the 'on fire' clause but other than that, I think it fits.

16. Vae-Victus

Vae-Victus Empty Pockets

Lol, yeah I think pretty much everyone here has some knives that they haven't carried before. Like I've got an AR-15 Bayonet that I'll probably never use that much, until I get an AR that is ;D and I've also got two of those Knives from the movie "Cobra" with the Spiked Knuckle Guards, again no practical purpose really, but they are cool to have :D

17. Coolio

Coolio Loaded Pockets

I look at people here and other forums that show off their true collections and they are quite impressive and all but I've never been one to collect. I just don't have what it takes I think. I don't have the drive, focus and time. I tend to accumulate without a clear objective in mind like true collectors. For instance, I have seen some crazy Mini MagLite collections that number in the hundreds with every possible color of designs and special edition ones. Or every model of the Kershaw Leek. Me on the other hand, I buy all kinds of stuff and before I know it, I have it everywhere and can't possible use it all. Then I have to unload. My friends and family are usually the recipients of my new or barely used things. But lately, I've been selling it off.

LOL! Always the opportunist. ;) ;D PM sent.

18. gbelleh

gbelleh Loaded Pockets

I used to buy lots of guns, but lately I've been updating my flashlights and knives. I tend to get on kicks for a while, like flashlights. I didn't buy a single light for about 7 years, but then in the last 6 months I bought about 25 nice LED flashlights. But, now I pretty much have what I want. Then I noticed how shabby most of my EDC knives were getting, so I started buying knives. Bought my first Spyderco, then ended up with 8 Spydercos in 6 weeks. But, I'm pretty much good for now. I don't have to have every color, or every steel type. But I like to have a wide range of styles for different tasks.

But, I'm sure that if money were no object, I might soon be featured on an episode of Hoarders. ;D

19. Sirvive

Sirvive Loaded Pockets

Post yer pics!

20. Tommy Gun

Tommy Gun Empty Pockets

There's no such thing..... :laugh: