1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

tomcat's updated EDC

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by t0mcat, Apr 16, 2010.

1. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

I went from this
    [​IMG]

to this
    [​IMG]

The colors match this time ;-)
    The SAK is less bulky then the LM. Though less functional but gets the job done.
    The Beta pen doesn't write as good as the space pen, but it's an emergency writing tool only so...
    Lacie iamakey is the best upgrade so far, very flat!
    The nite glowring is just a gimmick, I'll see if it works.

I'm looking for a nice flashlight to EDC and a pillfob-based FAK is my current project.

2. Ajax

Ajax Loaded Pockets

I don't think that Glo-toob is going to be worth anything but finding your keys in the dark.

Gonna be hard to beat the Photon you had on there before in terms of size/output. Maybe a Freedom Micro?
    The UI and LED shroud improve the lights capabilities and effectiveness greatly over the old Photon.

3. jjpody

jjpody Empty Pockets

Cool watch, what is it?

4. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

5. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

thanks for the info
    I just added my photon back on the ring of the nite glowring, it doesn't add much bulk

guess you were right

6. Ajax

Ajax Loaded Pockets

7. achilles

achilles Empty Pockets

Very cool watch...going to check it out.

8. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

I've updated my keychain:

[​IMG]

Beta-pen removed - Inka pen added
    Photon added back

Now I'm looking for some smallish quick releases for my SAK and USBkey.

I am also looking into this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/d1b1/

9. jeeves3443

jeeves3443 Loaded Pockets

I have a few of those 'links'. They're pretty cool. Got 'em from A.G. Russel I think, maybe Russel's for Men.
    I think I have the 'small' ones and they can seem a little big in some circumstances (don't let that deter you, they're cool).

I find the opening too small to fit onto most belt-loops, except real thin ones and even then it's not a 'perfect' fit.
    I keep my house keys and my Atwood on a small carabinner (sp?) different vehicle keys each have one of the 'links' and the link clips perfectly onto the 'binner' I use for my house keys.

McGizmo clips are pretty great. I use the smallest Ti ones for my keychain stuff and they're nice.

Maybe I'll do a pocket dump later soes you can see my key :censored:. :lol:

10. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I like the Freedom photon, but I always had problems with it coming on in my pocket. Switched to the Fenix EO1 for a keychain light, and I'm very satisfied. You might want to take a look at the Fenix. I'd have a hard time giving up my Bullet Space Pen, but then it's probably the piece of EDC gear that I use most. I do agree with you on switching the Leatherman for the SAK. I did the same thing.

11. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

If fisher would make a D-cap for the bullet pen I instantly revert to it, but atm I need something that can hang on my keychain.
    I was planning to buy a maglite solitaire and upgrade it with a LED, but it seems the Fenix EO1 is just that, thanks for the head's up ;-)

12. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

i bought fenix e01 too as recomended at candlepowerforums (flashlight nuts forum) and immediately on arrival decided it is solid built. small. and runs very long time with one battery. and on minus side the tint of the light is really bad! its purple! and the beam shape is oval! so i just put it back into the package and nver looked at it again (bad buy in my mind.. i like to see colours as they are..not purpleblue tinted)

much better option for small cheap flashlight in my mind is the iTP eos A3.. 3 modes (med,low,high) and really a powerhouse for its size (about 7grams empty) -on high it produces more light than my old maglite 2D incan for reference point. i have bought 9 or 10 of them already.. as it seems people whom see me using it tend to buy it from me. i need to buy new one.. and that gets sold and new one etc. now, i only have 2 left. (very likely i will buy yet another one soon.. as backup or into my bob.. but i do have few dozen other lights too to pick from.. but this itp a3 is just simply one of the best bang for buck lights currently. (with 4sevens quark mini lineup)

13. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

I defenitly gonna check out the iTP eos A3
    on eBay they are about the same price range, maybe I'll buy them both and decide what's best for me.

anyone else experience with iTP eos A3 VS fenix eo1?

14. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

updated once again
    [​IMG]

only minor remark with the iTP eos A3 is when I turn the light out, if you apply pressure to the bottom the light starts to burn. A push cap version would be great imho.

15. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I totally agree - a clicky would make it perfect for me.

16. t0mcat

t0mcat Loaded Pockets

17. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

For a good AAA flashlight that has clicky switch, you could consider a 4sevens PREON 1 (available in titanium or aluminum) and an extra clicky switch instead of the stock twisty tailcap. Another great feature of this particular light is the availability of a 2 x AAA body that double the total output and/or increase the runtime.

18. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

Seems like no one is ever done "upgrading"... I love the watch as well and own one.. Sunnto Core Military (all black of course).

19. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member