1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TOM BIHN

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by TOM BIHN Crew, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Rb12

Rb12 Loaded Pockets

So far, I am really impressed with the S25. I have had the S19 for quite a bit and while I do use it, it really has always felt a bit small to me (at 6'1" and a male, everything I have seems to be big and take up excessive space). I have a short business trip here and I originally packed my briefcase and S19, but decided to throw the same contents into the S25 to see how it went; it is so much more accomodating. Plus my toiletry bag fits perfectly in the bottom pocket instead of the main compartment.

I really liked how the S19 carries (basically disappears on my back) so I am anxious to see how that goes with the S25. If good, I really think this will be a great inbetween pack for me (Jandd Hermon Monster @800cu-in as a small sling; MR SweetPea as a workhorse for heavy loads at 2000cu-in and the S25 for the middle leg)

powerring likes this.
  2. NYForesterXT

NYForesterXT Loaded Pockets

I'm also interested in accessories for the S25. I have a Double organizer pouch, 3d cube, and a packing cube backpack. Thinking of another DOP , and a small or medium packing cube.

Sent from (redacted)

3. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I did exactly this in both of my online orders :) Gotta give credit where credit is due. Without the forums I wouldn't have found Tom Bihn.

4. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

Here are some pics of my Synapse25. Had it for two weeks now and I really like it. I've been carrying my laptop in a Chrome laptop sleeve and I'm not a fan. The sleeve is great, just in this bag I think I want a cache so I can secure it in the bag.

Pics aren't fancy, just wanted to get some quick shots of the bag. I don't carry much in it at the moment. The laptop isn't in the pics, its in side the house on my desk where I'm supposed to be working :(

Not a fan of purple but I accidentally ordered the ultraviolet mesh organizer instead of the solar one. They color matched and sent me a purple DOP as well. Despite not being a purple fan, I'm keeping them. The colors are really nice colors.

Bag sitting on a wood wire spool (an upcoming project)
    [​IMG]DSC_0175 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

Front pockets
    [​IMG]DSC_0176 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

What's in the small front pocket? Word notebook, mini organizer with cords and bits, and my work badge.
    [​IMG]DSC_0177 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

Liberty Bottlewerks 32 oz bottle is a perfect fit!
    [​IMG]DSC_0178 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

admin pocket...keys are on the 4inch strap
    [​IMG]DSC_0179 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

buff, ranger bands, case for eye glasses and cleaner in the other side pocket.
    [​IMG]DSC_0180 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

Side Effect and mesh organizer hanging out in the front bottom pocket (the nordic/solar combo of the side effect is amazing)
    [​IMG]DSC_0181 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

Inside the bag
    [​IMG]DSC_0183 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

Double organizer pouch aka FAK. This pouch is way bigger than I expected! I probably should have gotten the small DOP for the first aid kit, but hey, I'm ready for anything sort of boo-boos that my daily adventures may bring.
    [​IMG]DSC_0184 by FunkyColdMassena, on Flickr

Isla TX, bigfoot, foxmo and 2 others like this.
  5. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

The pics are great! I went with navy for my Synapse 19 and 25 but I really like this color. I do recommend a TB Cache. I bought them for my iPad Air, Nexus 7, and Kindle and they provide solid protection with no noisy zippers or Velcro.

Rb12 likes this.
  6. Rb12

Rb12 Loaded Pockets

I have a 13" mbpr and a cache sleeve and really like it. I might have had a water bottle leak in my bag and while the sleeve was damp in one corner on the outside, inside was dry as was the computer

powerring likes this.
  7. HimalayanHitman
    • In Omnia Paratus

HimalayanHitman Loaded Pockets

Who has any experience with the 420d is it at all comparable with the standard condura?

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Abrasion actually damages more packs than punctures. This is high tenacity material made from a twisted double yarn, it is more abrasion resistant than cordura. The twisted darn construction is actually an older method that is less common now as a cost cutting measure. Today much of it is a larger single darn, the double twisted darn is more costly but much better. The twin twisted darn construction was actually the original.

powerring and HimalayanHitman like this.
  9. HimalayanHitman
    • In Omnia Paratus

So the 420 would last longer as a pack, I am going to Las Vegas in a month and wanted a low key bag for hiking and the likes (and to attend bullets and burgers :))?

10. ParTimeBourne

ParTimeBourne Loaded Pockets

I would add to option "is this is a gift? we will not include a receipt" - "does your wife now how much your spending we will not include..."

powerring likes this.
  11. HimalayanHitman
    • In Omnia Paratus

How bright of an orange is it, do you ever get tired of seeing it versus a standard color like black?

12. dcmassena

dcmassena Loaded Pockets

I'm not tired of it yet. I actually went back and forth about the color, but in the end I really like it. I wanted something different than black or green which is pretty much what every other backpack I've ever owned is. The orange isn't that bright. It is called burnt orange, but mine is kind of a rust color. Its actually really nice.

HimalayanHitman likes this.
  13. Rb12

Rb12 Loaded Pockets

The orange is much more tame than I thought it would be. I agree with the rust assessment; where most orange packs are an "emergency orange" or almost fluorescent, this is a neutral more muted color. But for me I prefer non conventional pack colors.

14. ParTimeBourne

I must have got the last black cordura/steel combo of the S25 because they're on back order till August now. Glad I got in when I did, I really wanted that colour and would have hated to wait.

15. HimalayanHitman
    • In Omnia Paratus

So youre the one lol I was about to buy that combo yesterday but as you stated they are on backorder for a long time.

ParTimeBourne likes this.
  16. ParTimeBourne

Sorry about that:smug:

17. ParTimeBourne

Funny actually as I'd just cancelled my order for a Kifaru Urban Zippy deciding that I wanted to go with Tombihn instead. I panicked because it looked like they were out of stock of the black/steel I wanted but I looked again the next day and it was available. I rushed so much I had to change my order via email to include the things I'd forgotten.

18. fczinkhan

fczinkhan Loaded Pockets

That blue is very nice. Do bring colors back?

19. caesare

caesare Loaded Pockets

I just got my new brown synapse 25 in the mail, and I noticed that the zipper for the water bottle pocket is a little more rough/gritty and louder when opening the zipper. Closing it is nice and quite and smooth.

I really don't want to send it in because we are going on a trip soon. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it normal?

20. caesare

caesare Loaded Pockets

BTW, here's some pics of the brown since I can't find any anywhere else

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you have any photo requests let me know.

Isla TX, Valerian and foxmo like this.