1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Toliet Paper

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by quadrille, Feb 14, 2010.

1. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

I have some of the camp smaller toliet paper but have been thinking a real full sized roll is better, how do you carry toliet paper. I have been thinking ziplock bag?

Q

2. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

I carry it my bag on my motorcycle...you never know when nature may call or where you may be.

Pull the cardboard tube out and then flatten the roll.

3. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

Baby wipes..definitely the way to go, plus they already come in their own bag. I recommend the Walmart brand flushable wipes. One of the advantages of being a parent is learning how great wipes are. Trust me, your butt will thank you.

4. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

+1 here. I use my home vacuum sealer to seal several up together. They are very flat and can be stored long term without drying out.

Also, carrying a bandanna is handy also. If I'm ever stuck without, I can buy another bandanna for a buck or two.

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Forget toilet paper. When out & about, Wet Ones brand travel-sized packet of wipes. 15 in one pack. They'll fit into the front pocket of a pair of pants. Makes for excellent improvised toilet paper. I try not to use public restrooms, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

Use them as toilet paper. Use them to wipe off the toilet seat. If some sad little Paris Hilton wanna-be drives her giant SUV like an oblivious idiot and soaks you in dirty gutter-water, you can even use the wipes to take an improvised shower on the street before confronting the moron.

I've used them to wipe my hands clean after working on the lemon of a patrol vehicle I'm saddled with at work. (Something I'm not supposed to do, but if I don't take care of it; no one will.) And I have to take care of it at the very start of my job. So I need clean hands so I can enjoy lunch afterwards. The wipes work better than soap & water, and works better than a bottle of Purell.

Head to the check-out lanes at Target or Wal-Mart. Just .99 cents for one pack of Wet Ones travel-size wipes. It's honestly the most versatile EDC item I carry.

6. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

I keep some in my car, and my camping gear, but not in my edc bag. Wet ones sounds like a good idea, though i wonder if that would cause irritation or anything

also, sounds like another great use of baby soda bottles (aka tube vaults)

7. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Wet Ones. If the check-out lines don't have them, try looking in the toiletry section where the have the small travel/sample size stuff.

8. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

No irritation. Very slight stinging sensation at the very start when you use one as toilet paper. But it dries instantly, and with no after-sensation for lack of a better term.

The only possible danger would be if someone was allergic to the sanitary fluid found on each wipe. Not very likely though.

9. Megalodon

Megalodon Loaded Pockets

I've used these before on backpacking trips: http://www.rei.com/product/750942

Perfect alternatives for hand washing, tp, or "showers" when you have no other option. Even comes in a resealable bag.

10. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

11. ripstop

ripstop Loaded Pockets

~ another vote for baby wipes. Compact & multiple uses. ;)

12. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

:iagree:

13. havz

havz Empty Pockets

I could not agree more. Been using them for years.

14. Cuso

Cuso Loaded Pockets

I have a 2 year old so we have baby wipes at hand all the time. P@mpers brand are the best. Wet ones are great but not has soft.

15. Dohboy

Dohboy Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Wet Ones. However, I would not use them at home since I am not sure they are supposed to be flushed.

16. protaganis

protaganis Loaded Pockets

If you're going to carry TP put it in an empty plastic folgers can. I don't recommend using wet naps or wipes all the time because sometimes you need absorbency not just a good cleaning, bright side is that the right sized folgers can will fir both TP and wet naps.

17. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Traveling a lot for both work and play demands TP (in a Ziploc bag), baby wipes, and Wet Ones. Agree, they are about the best EDC item there is, with plenty of uses.

18. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

I think you got the idea ;) wet ones, pocket size, bigger ones for your BOB, the only way to go. You can use paper tissues to, but when in a public toilet, or a restroom stop on a highway or in the woods, especially after a spicy meal, wet ones are godsend.

19. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

I've got a half roll in my EDC bag in a ziploc bag and a couple of travel packs of baby wipes. There's also a full roll in a ziploc bag in all of the vehicles we own.

20. gcbailey

gcbailey Loaded Pockets

charmin makes a travel size roll, it's about the size of a roll w/o paper on it.... nice convenient size. Sometimes you never know... I work with a guy who's got diverticulitis and when we're traveling if he has to stop, he stops no matter where, when, whatever. I hate it for him, but he's taught me to be prepared. Sometimes you don't get the 2 minute whistle :-X