1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

To derail or not derail, that is the question? My case for organic threads.

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by T.H.Cone, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Just going to throw something out there. According to the rules posted "The Breakroom" is the place for random discussions as we see here. I think the diligent think on our parts to do is have our personal threads moved into here or suggest a subforum where the Chit Chat can occur without getting mixed in with the more on track topics. I am hoping that is the plan anyway. A little warning with some time for us to digest the change and request movement of our threads or creation of a Subforum would have been a nice heads up.

2. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Other LEGEND sir...forgive my ignorance, but all this time I thought that was GeneralGlenn!:rofl: (SORRY about that @Unagi
    Good to see you again Other LEGEND No Agenda sir...(Bowing...walking backwards making no eye contact, leaving this post...)
    Be safe!

3. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Glad you and yours are alright. I'm hanging on Mrs. Medic...hope I get reinstated soon. Ahhh, okay, so THAT'S what that noise was, the slapping of the wrists. Poor guys...but if there's no chit-chat...what the heck is a Breakroom for?
    Be safe!

4. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

And...of course my MandoBro just addressed that. All that sloshing around in knee deep snow on the Hoth system made you a fast son of a two gun!
    Always great seeing you Brtsmpsn...in fact, I think it was you, Cheeser, GeneralGlenn, that I "met" from messing around with puns in that thread I had mentioned. I think Antithetik was involved, though to a lesser degree. I consider you guys my brothers...and if you were all talking "robot" then we may have become good friends still, but it would've taken a LOT longer, if at all. Uh, Antithetik is an exception to that "robot" language thing.:D
    Be safe MandoBro!

5. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

You should read one of the "manuals" I write for my co-workers... :giggle:

6. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Nein, Danke!!!:frantic:

Good to see WordMasterBro! See, it's stuff like what you replied that makes this place..."real". Danke for that.
    Be safe mein fruend!

7. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

Bromigo, I didn't know you from your previous time here on the forum, but I am glad to see you back. And glad you could join the shenanigans.

8. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

No one is asking anyone to stop posting light-hearted comments, checking in with your friends, etc. These activities are precisely why the Breakroom subforum was created years ago.

What we want to do is to keep the other EDC threads topic specific so that someone who is interested in knowing what others carry or think of an EDC item or create doesn't have to scroll through pages of posts that don't contribute to the thread, however fun and friendly those comments might be. It can be tedious and distracting.

Community is still forged by respecting a thread's intent, and the rules have always been there; by joining, each member agrees to abide by those rules. We appreciate your cooperation.

9. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

:rofl:
    Roger that Brotein shake, I am glad to have met you DUE to shenanigans...man it's quiet here though huh? I feel like Daredevil in his sound proof tank. :(

10. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

Which is probably the right thing to do in threads like "Show my your umpteenth fixed blade that nobody can afford..." - BUT, the dealbreaker will be the personal EDC threads, and how I am able to construe my own personal little space in the interwebs and try to make people feel welcome and become a little part not only of my knife collection, but other aspects of my life, like snow shoveling at four in the morning, or the latest local dish one timbered together...

I do find this "blogging" style in personal threads informative, entertaining and relaxing, regulations are all fair and well, but not overly in a space that I would consider my "living room" or the "glory hole" as soon as some Aussies are involved...

11. theirishboxer

theirishboxer Loaded Pockets

Yea I had read the forums for a few months before I decided to join, I saw some of the shenanigans and that was one of the reasons that I chose to join this one over a few others I had been looking at.

Many of the people on this forum have become like family to me over the time I have been posting on here. I apologize to the moderators for I fear I may have misunderstood the spirit of the rules when I joined. By doing so I created a lot of work for them, I have done forum moderation and I understand that going through and deleting all of those posts is probably not what they wanted to do with their Wednesday night.

As for what to do now, I don't think I'm leaving, but I will defiantly be posting much less as my photography skills are lacking and my budget does not allow for new EDC purchases very often.

12. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Ok, I see this from both sides...

I find it irritating at times that a discussion of which breakfast cereal is your favorite breaks out for 3 pages in a "show us your X" thread, and think that those comments should be moderated...

But, like Antithetik stated above, I see no problem with this whatsoever within a personal EDC thread -- granted that the "owner" of that thread doesn't have a problem with it...

So is a viable solution to move any particular members EDC thread to the Breakroom if it's then allowed to proceed in whatever direction the "owner" of that thread wants it to go???

If so, sign me up and move my thread.

[​IMG]

It's located --==<<here>>==--

13. theirishboxer

If the Breakroom is where those sort of things should go maybe we could just move our personal threads to the break room?

14. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Yeah, that's what I meant to say...

I just used more words...

It's been a long week, with little sleep...

You'll have to forgive me.

[​IMG]

15. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

There is a pretty easy resolution. We can start person threads here in the Breakroom and continue as before. Not sure if we will be able to get some of the threads moved, but if that is an option I am sure some may prefer that. You may have start the new thread and get a mod to merge them in here. The general consensus is the Show Us threads are meant just for EDC discussion and the Breakroom for Chit Chat.

16. theirishboxer

yea I thought about just starting a new one in there my fear is tho it will get shot down by the mods. I don't want to cause any trouble, that was never my intention with any of my shenanigans. so maybe if jag-engr could weigh in before we go create a bunch of threads that he would then have to remove that would be for the best.

17. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

But I want my cake and I want to eat it too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

I have been talking to jag-engr this morning and the intention in the Breakroom is to allow the free form chatter still within the rules of respect, politics religion etc.

My new thread has just been posted and I encourage everyone to do the same.

http://edcforums.com/threads/brtsmpsn-life-the-universe-and-pocket-dumps.132919/

Someone said cake and Cone hasn't shown up yet. I hope he is ok. :unsure:

19. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

20. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I read the break room rules..... and I it seems that well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.