1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Titanium Split Rings

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by adirondack, Dec 3, 2016.

1. adirondack

adirondack Loaded Pockets

I was looking for some Titanium split rings to compliment all the other titanium :censored: on my keychain, lol. They have a few different sellers on amazon, but all of them have reviews that either mention that they might not even be titanium at all (due to their weight) or that they bend/warp too easily and can be damaged when adding large keys.
    Where is the best place to buy solid titanium split rings? I need one large 32mm one to use as my key ring and then a few smaller (between 20-25mm) ones to attach edc items, and then some really small 12mm ones as well.

Thanks in advance

2. adirondack

adirondack Loaded Pockets

I just want to guarantee I'm buying legit titanium ones, and not stainless steal ones that are listed as titanium, or a titanium/steel combination

3. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

I tried Ti split rings... once. I can confirm that they are easily deformed when trying to get them through something large-ish.

Particleman likes this.
  4. jag-engr
    • Administrator
    • +1 Supporter

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Some sellers try to confuse things by using the word "titanium" as a color. If they have both the word titanium and steel in the product description, they are steel.

That's how you know they're titanium! :p

Titanium is non-magnetic and lighter weight than steel, but it is not as strong and certainly doesn't have steel's elasticity or resistance to inelastic deformation.

Hi-up Lineman likes this.
  5. aldo_vic_t

aldo_vic_t Loaded Pockets

6. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Titanium as a material is just bad for split rings, if i were you i would not bother. Even the best most expensive ring will not be as good as your average $0.04 steel splitring from china. If you must have titanium look at a carabiners instead (not the fancy 'edc' design ones, just a regular one with a steel spring) or if you need all 100% titanium get a shackle.

kris777 likes this.