1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Titainium Straws

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Tekno_Cowboy, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

Just a question to Ti straw users - what drinks or beverages do you usually use it for? I mean, things that are meant to be taken through a straw are served with one ;)
    Inventive stuff like drinking half-and-half beers from the bottom up? Sipping a coffee trying to look like it's meant to be done that way :p ?
    Or just making sure those dirty edges of cans are nowhere near your mouth?

2. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

The one that I purchased will be given to the caretaker of an octogenarian family member.

After an automobile collision that was caused by a punk kid drinking too many of those half-and-half beers 47 years ago, my uncle was no longer able to chew solid food and must be fed with pureed food. Last year, his condition worsened and is now not able to open his mouth enough for the food to be inserted in his mouth. A straw is now needed to intake liquified nutrient since his digestive system can no longer process even pureed food.

He has a tendency to collapse the straw and not get the nutrient that he needs in a swift amount of time to curtail the hypoglycemic condition that he has suffered since it was discovered while a teen.

His family has tried a number of different of polymers, most of which he manages to chew-up likely as a gutteral reaction to what he would like to have done to that miscreant that put him in this condition. The one polymer that he does not collapse is so brittle that he chews off bits of it and the particulates have caused intestinal bleeding.

His doctor has recommended a metal that will withstand the pressure. Surgical stainless tubing appears to give him some grief as his lips apparently turn in reaction to that metal compound.

There appears to be a foregone assumption that this type of item serves little if any purpose other than to placate the fleeting fancies of those that have little else to do with their disposable incomes. It's understandable since this is an enthusiasts' board. Please expand your understanding of the application of these devices to include this one.

3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Lets stop opening deliberate sales threads out side of the sales areas.

4. Tekno_Cowboy

Tekno_Cowboy Empty Pockets

I've opened a sales thread here. When I opened this thread I had been unable to find the rules on selling. It would probably be a good Idea to close this thread to prevent confusion.