1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Tired of my Seiko SKX007

Discussion in 'Watches' started by WESBC, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ThirstyTurtle

ThirstyTurtle Loaded Pockets

THREAD REVIVAL!

I used "Spectra Mobile Lite" (free) from the Google Play Store to regulate my two Seiko automatics (7S26 and 7S36) to +6 seconds/day and +1 seconds/day respectively FOR FREE and all you need is a phone, caseback removal tool, and a SUPER quiet room. I also regulated my 1970's Omega 1010 from +1 minute/day to +4 seconds/day

jcombs likes this.
  2. billwilson

billwilson Loaded Pockets

Seiko 009
    Upgraded the movement
    A little modification

Runs five seconds or less off a day

I have several Quartz
    In fact I even have a 6309 with Quartz

Why don't you spent some time over on the Seiko forum and watch recon

Some great stuff out there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcombs likes this.
  3. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

In my main rotation are a seiko monster and Marathon SAR that are both about 7 years old, a Sinn U1 that's 5 years old, then couple years ago I picked up a Casio gshock anniversary model that's solar/atomic. Same idea, was supposed to be a grab n go, always charged always on time. This past summer it started needing more and more daylight to keep a charge and now I has basically croaked. Will not last over night. And it Sucks because you cant even fix the time or request it to re sync to a satellite until you expose it to enough light for it to start up again. By the time I do all that crap I could have just set my auto to my phone and headed out the door (which I only even need to do when I swap watches, since my autos all easily stay running over night. So I like the idea of a grab n go but for me the concept was a failure. If I need an electronic time peice, that's what my phone is for. For me I've come to the conclusion that watches should be mechanical. :)

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Ken Watson: that G-shock might just need a change of battery. Some solar models do run off a battery which is solar charged; eventually these need to be changed. Maybe worthwhile looking into this?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

Yeah I agree, I suspect thats the case, it's just a bummer it only lasted 2 years. I bought it new from a legit brick and mortar G shock dealer.

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

That's two years that you had it. But it maybe had sat in inventory with or without some solar exposure for a while before you got it. Not just taking into account the dealer's inventory but also anywhere along the supply chain from the time it was assembled.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

7. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Another couple votes for Eco Drive.
    My two run a smidgen fast but I generally hack in the morning.
    So it ain't no big deal.

And I want in the worst way a Seiko Solar Orange Diver!