1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Where to get the right sized tools? The ones tiny af but still usable. If you carry it on your keychain, it is too small. Got the adjustable wrench I had been dreaming of today. Once step closer to the tiny tools nirvana[​IMG]

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

2. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

A bit set to match[​IMG]

ZMZ67, HeadOffice, FiaOlleDog and 5 others like this.
  3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Nice selection!

4. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

5. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I have a thing for small tools and when you can have quality small tools it’s even better. Most of what I do with my tools is detail work, where larger tools get in the way or tend to be clumsy at best. Been relying on a combination of Leathermans for the longest time, but I’ve decided it’s time to try out some of the dedicated options out there.
    I intended to get the 3” titanium adjustable wrench from Maratac, but just as I made up my mind on which version to get it went out of stock,
    Guess I’ll go with Bahco myself for the time being. Probably better quality, but the weight saving of titanium was tempting.
    Getting a 4” knipex is also on my todo list, so my backpack toolkit will look very similar to yours when I’m done.
    Not being a copycat, I promise :) it has been in my plans for quite a while, there has just been a lot of more important things getting priority lately.

6. Ren

Ren Loaded Pockets

Knipex are releasing their XS pliers wrench in September.

7. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

The one i Pictured is the 87 00 100 KNIPEX Cobra® XS Pipe Wrench and Water Pump Pliers (Cobra XS 8701 for short), What is the one you are thinking of?

8. KD5JHA

KD5JHA Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

This is the kit of pocket size tools I EDC regularly. I use two canvas pouches in my back pockets to carry the majority of it to eliminate bulge and the large blades are front pocket along with my keys and wallet.

I use these tools quite a lot to avoid going to the car for my larger kit and hauling up stairs or across fields.

Saves my back. Over the last few years I’ve lightened my load by switching as much as possible to titanium and aluminum to cut weight and that has helped some, but lots is still steel.

None of this is really fluff, I pretty much use every piece that you see here or it wouldn’t be here.

You will see in this kit one of my philosophies that I prefer to have my pliers separate from my multitool rather than on my multitool because most of the time I want to hold something with the pliers while I do something to it with one of the other tools on the multi tool. So that’s why

you’ll also see some duplication like two screwdrivers for example but that’s because one of them is in the pocket on my shirt and that prevents me from having to get the bag out of my back pocket to access the other one if I just need to tighten something real quickly, but the other one has better leverage if I’m going to be on a fastener where it’s going to be stuck worse.

I have another kit not pictured here if I know I might get into some thing and I still don’t want to carry all my tools in… It’s in a little zipper bag and it has a nice arsenal of small tools like a wera socket set and larger plires / wrenches and a meter.

tools:

Victorinox NS Trekker
    Victorinox Explorer
    Benchmade Griptillian D2 Steel Drop Point
    Stanley 10’ pocket tape with diameter scale
    CountyComm 4” Ti Adjustable Wrench
    CountyComm 3” Ti Adjustable Wrench
    CountyComm Ti #11 Craft Blade Holder
    CountyComm Ti Pants Pocket Screwdriver and bit kit + additional long bits
    CountyComm Ti Shirt Pocket Screwdriver with internal bit storage.
    Retro 57 Albert Pencil
    Retro 57 Albert Pen
    Proto 4” adjustable pliers
    Proto 4” Ignition Pliers
    Maratac Solid Brass Pill Fob with Liquid Filled Compass (broken)
    Aviation Keyring

18650 usb power cell (removable cell) [accidently cropped out of frame]
    Streamlight Protac 2L-X [accidentally cropped out of frame]

The power cell allows me to both charge my phone or just use it as a battery carrier to carry an extra battery that I can use in my flashlight if I need to since the single battery can be removed from the power cell easily.

Last edited by KD5JHA, Jul 4, 2021
    #8 KD5JHA, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  9. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

How is the accuracy of the titanium adjustable wrench? In pictures it looked like it could be a bit loose

10. Ren

Ren Loaded Pockets

86 04 100

[​IMG]

11. KD5JHA

KD5JHA Loaded Pockets

Two part answer to your question...

A: I am not sorry I bought it. I appreciate the ultra light weight and strength.

B: but yes, it has a little bit of slop in the jaw when its not fully tightened on an object. Something another high end brand like proto or S&K would not have. But those would be tool steel and heavier.

I have a similar sized wrench to the 3 inch Ti version made by Excelite in Chrome Vanadium Steel with a dipped handle... it also has some slop but the one I have is probably 15+ years old and I’ve not managed to break it and it’s been a fabulous tool. So I’m not going to worry about this when either until it breaks.

12. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Very eluminating. Glad I went with the steel presisjon wrench then. Titanium is great for many things but steel still has its uses. Can't get over how easily it scratches for instance. Pocket tools should be able to live in the pocket with keys for instance without getting scratched after 5 minutes. Not important for function. But it irks me.[​IMG]

13. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

I love the stuff you can get from CountyComm...

14. KD5JHA

KD5JHA Loaded Pockets

time will tell how I continue to feel about these two wrenches. As you can see from the wear, I use my pocket kit, not just collect it. These are a recent addition to replace my old steel wrench as I have started trying to focus on weight reduction. Will see how they hold up.

I also have a bunch of Wera and Wiha mini tools and love those for portable kit. Very small and mighty.

15. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Might be ok here. Wanted to have an adjustable to carry but not as large as it started. Cut down 6” wrench jaws open to .75” sanded down the thickness and then blued it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZMZ67, Land, post tenebras and 6 others like this.
  16. victograph

[​IMG]
    Still trying to find my best combo for a compact screwdriver. Just got this stainless ratchet with 1/4 bit holder in the end and a wiha 1/4” to 4mm adapter for mini bits. Paired with my leatherman bit extension will see how it all does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZMZ67, Nick4305, ran23 and 4 others like this.
  17. HeadOffice

I like the look of the ratchet!

18. victograph

AK6962 Sealey Bit Driver Ratchet Micro 1/4" Hex Stainless Steel
    Came across the pond from Great Britain. Very nicely finished

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HeadOffice likes this.
  19. HeadOffice

20. deusexaethera

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

Those aren't scratches, those are scuffs. The oxide coating on the surface of titanium is very soft, and that's where the scuffs form. It's not the prettiest look, for sure, but after a few years of carry (or one day in a rock-tumbler filled with pea gravel) and you won't notice new scuffs anymore. The 50% lighter weight of titanium vs. steel completely overrides any cosmetic pet-peeves I might have.