1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Time to try a new bag - recommendations?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Bloodstriker, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

I currently have two bags that I use for EDC purposes - the 5.11 Covrt ZAP 6 and the Covrt 18. While I think these bags are fantastic, they aren't perfect. They're great in the city (where I am 99% of the time), but I can't help but want a bag that has more flexibility (i.e. PALS webbing, etc.).

I'm considering adding a bag to the collection. This bag will be used mainly as an urban EDC bag, but I would also like to bring it along with me for a day hike.

Here's my wishlist:

- Molle
    - Velcro to store patches
    - 20-30L
    -Good organization
    - Sleeve for tablet/small laptop
    - Hydration bladder compatible

I was originally looking at the Rush 24. It looks great, but I'm wondering if there's anything better.

After a bunch of searching, I came across the Vanquest Trident 20 and the Vanquest Falconer 27. So far, these are the front runners for me.

For the Trident 20 (Gen 2), I'm concerned that it might be too small. It looks like it was designed as a tactical camera bag. Would this be good for anything else?

For the Falconer 27, the organization looks PERFECT. My only concern is that each of the three sections don't look very deep. Would it be difficult to store larger items in this bag such as a jacket, or rolled up mat, etc.?

Are there any other bags that I'm missing?

2. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

First tactical do a range very similar to the Rush 12 /24 , some find them an improved version.

Direct action Dragon Egg

legion pack

New SOG packs but they seem a but peculiar

3. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

Yeah the cannae legion seems like it might be a good fit for you. It looks pretty sweet.

4. Bloodstriker

That Cannae looks very interesting. Any others that I should be looking at?

5. Bloodstriker

After looking at all of the bags mentioned, I think I'm going to give the Falconer 27 a try. I'd like to get wolf grey but I hate trying to find matching colour accessories. Does anyone know of a molle water bottle holder that would be in the same colour? The more low profile, the better.

6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like the ITS Tactical skeletonized holder the best I think.
    They don't make it in gray but if you get the camo no one will see it at all.:)

I am looking at the Vanquest and Cannae too but do not want to spend as much as the Vanquest and the Cannae has too little organization for me and I wonder about the positioning of the handle too.

7. Bloodstriker

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the Falconer 27 in Wolf Grey. Also added a small and med dump pouch. Hopefully this will work out well. In terms of the water bottle holder, I've decided to try to use the small dump pouch for now. I'll likely be running a hydration pack in this anyways.

8. Bloodstriker

So...as I'm waiting for the Falconer 27 to arrive, I find myself VERY intrigued by the Direct Action Ghost. Sigh...yet I don't need another bag!

9. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

The Rush 24 is a great bag. To some people it is just too 'plain'. It's a real meat and potatoes bag. Great at what it does, but it doesn't stand out and scream cool or anything.

you might check out the 5.11 Nitro. It's a bit different. I love mine.

Also the Direct action Dragon's Egg is excellent. I've one of those and it's great. Can't say enough good things about it. it's even got the concealed expandable water bottle holder's on it. Can't beat that. They can hold up to a 32 Nalgeen and anything smaller. They collapse and dissapear if not in use. If you can they have a REALLY Nice Dark gray color. I had to order mine from England to get it in that color last year but it was worth it. A nice dark gray. It's rich and the material is amazing.

10. Bloodstriker

Well, I now have two new bags. An Arc'teryx LEAF Khyber 50 in Multicam and a Vanquest Falconer 27.

I bought the Khyber 50 because it was so cheap but it seems like one very expensive top loading only bag. Workmanship is fantastic but not really for me.

[​IMG]

The Falconer 27 however, is fantastic. It's quite a but smaller than I thought, but the layout is great. I wish it was just a tad bigger.

What's interesting is that I was looking at both the Falconer 27 and Trident 20 Gen 2. I really liked the Hi Vis interior of the Trident. Looking at all the Falconer reviews on YouTube, I thought it would be worth it to go for the size and organization.

To my surprise, when I received the bag:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like it was updated!!!! Yay!!!

Water-Rat likes this.
  11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I was in a store Today and had a North Face Surge on one side of me and a Recon on the other.
    Somehow I stumbled across a degree of self-control that I didn't know I even had and walked out without either of them?

It is amazing how light weight they were and how cavernous they seemed with more streamlined/lighter material too.
    If there had been more pockets I am fairly sure one of them would be sitting here now!

Myrddraal and Noch like this.
  12. Pepsi Jedi

That Falconer 27 is nice. I like the wolf gray there.

I recently got the Mobius 2.0 in Multicam black, and it's awesome.

If you don't mind saying, how much did the Falconer 27 run you? First glance is saying like $190 online and that's steep.

13. Bloodstriker

I bought it on the Vanquest site for list price minus 5%.

Noch likes this.
  14. Pepsi Jedi

Ouch. That's a little steep for me. If I didn't already have a number of bags in this category maybe but.. as I do... *Wince* Can't do that.

15. Miamic70

Miamic70 Loaded Pockets

16. F-Bobby

F-Bobby EDC Junkie

You will be very happy with Vanquest stuff. I've found that they took everything the other bag companies offered and did it better with this style of bag. My Javelin comes with me pretty much everywhere.

17. Bloodstriker

That's nothing...I'm in Canada, and our dollar took a 30% dip over the last year, so what would have cost me $190 last year is costing me $250!

18. Pepsi Jedi

Well.... that's what you get for being Canadian!!

(( I jest. I live in the UP. I have a number of Canadian friends. heck I live "north" of many of them. ))

19. Bloodstriker

What's UP?

20. NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

I think Pepsi Jedi is referring to the upper peninsula of Michigan.