1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Timberline EDC Tool

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by RyanMalpiede, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

Too bad about the edge; I can't legally carry a concealed fixed blade knife in my county.

2. swissbianco

swissbianco Loaded Pockets

3. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

^ I'm sorry to see one more rip off tool from China

I'm sure there giving swissbianco no credit or profit for selling his idea.

A member I know just bought one. :(

I stay away from tool's and knives made in china because of the fake junk they make.

4. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

That was my first thought when I saw it.

5. tal-c

tal-c Loaded Pockets

It's funny how quickly the general opinion switched from "it's a stupid design" to "should be nice" after the name 'swissbianco" came up, and going back to "FAKE!!!" when found out it originated in china... :redface:

I dont care who designed it - any one-piece-tool with a knife looks dumb and careless to me.

6. swissbianco

thats your oppinion and others have a different one. all i can say is that many people like it and its a great deal/seller for timberline. the original has a stormdrane designed fob and a blister paccage and no poor cardboard box. the quality is way higher too.

tal-c likes this.
  7. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

The real timberline is also made in china.

8. swissbianco

if you hold the 2 in your hand like i do, then you see the difference.

9. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Hey Swissbanco could you post a pic of your tool and a link to where we can buy the real one.

10. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Some of us didn't change our minds. It still doesn't look well-thought-out to me. Not in the least.

Still, I'm glad this isn't a watch. You say any criticism at all about certain brands, and look out for the fan-boys coming for your head! Even stalking you in other topics, and then swearing they're not doing it.

What is it with certain brands or certain names that causes folks to fly off the handle? Adults suddenly turn into 2 year-olds who will scream and kick you for saying their favorite candy isn't the best in the world. I just don't understand that mentality. Likely never will.

ParSve and tal-c like this.
  11. ARCustomKnives

ARCustomKnives Loaded Pockets

ha!!!

12. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

I'll stick to my SwissB Rambler.

13. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

It happens.
    I had to put a small 'n' thick rubber band over mine, it once cut me as I reached for it in my jacket pocket. Now it is safe plus I always have a small rubber band with me :)

14. Farchyld
    • In Omnia Paratus

Farchyld Loaded Pockets

Haha, good reason to avoid it all together.

I've been enjoying my G2 keyton. Not that there isn't a better solution available, but mostly because it was a gift packed in a box of cookies shipped from a good friends family to mine :p

15. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

That video basically prove the mentioned grip issue. I would never feel i got proper force on the opener unless i put the thumb the way he warns against.

16. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

I only bought mine to grind the edge off and make into my own modified pry popper. So much easier than starting from scratch. ;) I should have know this was a knockoff.

17. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

IMHO +B thought this tool trough... Yes it has it's flaws, but so does some others... Even Artifact has known issues with open and closing of exacto blade... So bottom line is - small pocket tool shouldn't have blade, and if it has blade TAKE CARE using it... It's allways upon user to decide.

It is like saying "Giving kids a knife is NO-NO! They will hurt themself!" Though I choose to give my kids a knife and teach them slowly in propper usage! Same is with this. If you like it, buy it (and I like it), but take care, and use it wisely untill you find the best way to use it safely...

18. swissbianco

im not a registered dealer here. for sure the original is be sold by the timberline and swissbianco website.

the original swiss key tool was many years ago designed for only be of my personal edc use. i now how to use it and try to show that in my videos. thanks to others its now finally in serialproduction and i agree that some people have problems with the blade and there will be soon a second version that will adress that.

the no blade version could be easy done too but currently i see only a small market. i suggest for these who need a no blade skt (swiss key tool) to gently grind the edge flat so it dont cut anymore. if you contact me i sure can do that on a skt special ordered.

the custom made skt has a kydex sheath with more tension, the timberline version is injection moulded. its a price descision we made to keep the timberline version within reach of as many as possible.

hope that help.