1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

TiBolt - An American-made Titanium Bolt-action from Brian Fellhoelter at kickstarter

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by oke, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Edit to add a link to the project page, since it's now live! j.mp/TiBolt_ks

Hey there,

Just wanted to share what I've found out about the TiBolt, which is a soon-to-be-on-kickstarter project (as in, maybe later this evening or Saturday morning)... First, here's the stuff already posted about the project:
    And that:
    And, if you wanted to know some background about it, it was posted over there.

As an update, the project was actually approved yesterday (& the thought about how long it took to get approved was that some Sandy storm-like weather in NY was probably the priority ;) ), but he wanted to wait until his new Fellhoelter site gets online (and I got a cache of the http://j.mp/FellhoelterWebsite_placeholder, since online content's often dynamic and changing, and likely not to be available forever), which is supposed to be this afternoon, and then he thought he'd start the project tomorrow morning.

Also, he revised some of the pledge levels of the draft project page for clarity, and so I got this http://j.mp/TiBolt_reviseddraftkspagescreencap so folks might have an idea of what to expect.

Anyway, what do you think of this TiBolt? I really do like the ball on the bolt mechanism - just a detail not often seen on most of the bolt-action pens, except on the Hidetoshi Nakayama one and on the penkits.

:cool:

Last edited by oke, Nov 3, 2012
    Goju and misterS like this.
  2. Lone Airedale

Lone Airedale Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for this one to go live. I've been looking for a pen for a while and this is the first (somewhat affordable) one that's grabbed me.

3. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

4. Merrib64

Merrib64 Loaded Pockets

Not a bad looking pen but it's not my cup of tea. Guess I'll have to pass on this one.

5. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

I want one! Looks like it's just my cup of coffee. Still waiting to hear about the forum one but if this one hits KS before there's any details forum-wise, I won't be able to resist. :cold:

Oh, site is live now? Okay, going over there for a browse.

EDIT: His site links only to the draft version currently. Still waiting. :p

Last edited by EveryDayBeer, Nov 2, 2012
  6. Lightleak

Lightleak Loaded Pockets

Very good looking design. If this was a pencil, I'd be all over it. Yet I will definitely consider the pen as well.

7. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Just fyi - I did some looking around, and, if the info with this picture (screencap) is correct, then the project will go live @ noon EDT/9 PDT today... So, in about three and a quarter hours.

8. Coup de Grace

Coup de Grace Uber Prepared

I'm coming on board with this one.

9. AlternateAlias

AlternateAlias Loaded Pockets

10. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

.....:help:my office supply fetish and titanium fetish and some other just showed up.............

but no. i´ll buy a bag and a kinfe for christmas.

11. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Yeah, bolt action and all Ti means I couldn't resist. Did not want early backer though, it's the plain one, would prefer to wait for the decorated version. Even if it's a lil bit more. :frantic:

12. Cracked Rib
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cracked Rib Loaded Pockets

I'm in for two. Couldn't qualify for the early backer reward since I'm not in the US, but the decorated version might be more satisfying in the hand. Now to practice time traveling powers like Time Cat. Focus, concentrate...

13. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brian already updated about the lack of int'l availability for early birds. I think the second update mentioned that you can get in on that, you'd just have to add extra for the shipping? It was just somethin he overlooked.

I know usually you can pledge upwards (and change your reward), does KS allow you to pledge downwards and do the same?

14. Cracked Rib
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cracked Rib Loaded Pockets

Thanks for pointing that out! Nice to see international backers can get in on the early bird option. I could cancel and change to the early backer option. Only 12 spots left at this time. Decisions, decisions.

15. goosefacer
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer EDC Junkie!!!!!

The first thing I'll do when I get mine in March is put a Parker refill in - I don't like Fishers but all my pens have 'em since they're so popular.

16. lostinperiphery

lostinperiphery Loaded Pockets

Such a cool project and Brian is such a cool dude! He's already done a bunch to help support my own Kickstarter project, and I hope he does AWESOME with his! Spread the word folks!!!

I remember playing with one of his first prototypes a couple years back, and just loved the mechanism. can't wait to get one of my own now...

Espionage Studio likes this.
  17. rickinFL

rickinFL Loaded Pockets

Got a fancy one and looking forward to it. Incredible price for an incredible product.

And now the long wait.

18. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Wow, these are going fast!

If I hadn't just order a Ti/CF pen from Matthew Martin, I would be all over this :)

19. Harry999

Harry999 Loaded Pockets

I have pledged because this pen looks awesome. Should be great for my iPad and iPhone as well.

20. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

Pledged!

The reg one with a cap and a stylus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.