1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ti-Scribe by Urban Survival Gear

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Dingle1911, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

Hi all, I recently received my Ti-Scribe bolt pen and pencil from Kelvin at Urban Survival Gear. Both of mine are in copper. The action on both are super smooth.They are both comfortable to write with, the weight and diameter feel nice. My most carried pen is the Hinderer Investigator which is dwarfed by the Ti-Scribe. It is not that the Ti-Scribe is huge, the Investigator is just very compact.

The pen has the advantage that you can fidget with it in public and no one looks at you funny like they would if you were flipping a knife.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. A.M.
    • +1 Supporter

A.M. Loaded Pockets

I have a V1 Ti Scribe pen from the first run. I have owned most of the bolt action pens out there in the 80-150.00 price range and the Ti Scribe has replaced them all. The size, weight and refill (G2) make it too easy to carry and write with. I’m definitely going to order another...

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Don't know if you are aware, but Nick Shabazz is singing the praises of these pens also...!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

I have seen Nick's YouTube video, I enjoy watching his videos.

I also would like to add that this Pilot G2 refill that comes with the pen is very smooth. It seems smoother than the 0.7mm.

5. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

I got the TiScribe-Bolt from that crowd-funding site, and happened to be the first backer for that one and Kelvin's TiScribe-Pencil... He does a great job! :D

And he's got something new in the works later this month as well.

:cool:

6. A.M.
    • +1 Supporter

A.M. Loaded Pockets

Well, I'll keep my eye's peeled to see what's next. I just received a Machine Era Field pen. I'm a real fan of the clip-bolt action style. It's well made but it won't replace my Ti-Scribe.

7. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

I have the brass version, and I can attest that it is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Judging by what Kelvin's shared on his ig account, what's next looks to be a new-fangled fountain pen which he says has a bunch of innovative and new tech in it, so that's pretty nifty. :D

I happened to get that 2nd iteration* of the Field Pen as well - I like the idea of the clip/bolt-action writing instruments, as long as they can (1) have a little bit o' clearance between the clip and barrel so the clip doesn't scratch the barrel's finish, yet (2) the clip has a decent amount of clamping force to actual hold onto whatever pocket material I want it to stay onto (like shirt pockets). Both of these seem to fit the bill.

*The first iteration of the Field Pen was actually a clip/click mechanism with a side button push to retract deal, sorta like the Fisher AG7 (the side button retact mechanism-wise, at least)... He only ended up making or selling around 85 of those, and I really like that version as well. For that one, since the clip is aluminum and softer than the stainless steel barrel, the two are actually in contact (no gap), yet the clip won't make marks on the barrel. I've now gotten 4 writing instruments from Adam's Machine Era Co., including the first (truly original) original Solid Brass Pen01: j.mp/MECwritinginstruments, but I digress.

9. A.M.
    • +1 Supporter

A.M. Loaded Pockets

Oke,

I bought the Field Pen because of your post!

oke likes this.
  10. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Hey, no way! That's pretty cool!

Which post, or what was said, which helped ya choose?

Hope you're satisfied - I didn't have any complaints.

11. A.M.
    • +1 Supporter

A.M. Loaded Pockets

You posted a pic of yours next to the Ti-Scribe in the picture thread.

For a compact BP the field pennis really well made. I love the Ti-Scribe for the refill options. However I just pulled the trigger on a Ti TT mover...