1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ti Pocket Pro

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Flint HIlls, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Flint HIlls

Flint HIlls Loaded Pockets

Does anyone here have one yet? What do you think of it? It seems like a great idea functionally.

2. DGGoingUphill

DGGoingUphill Loaded Pockets

It’s close to perfect. Great size, feel and build. No nose wiggle with all refills I’ve tried except for Energel. I do cut my pilot refills down an eighth inch to give a little more retraction for carrying in the pocket. It’s no big deal because you don’t have to make a precise cut due to the auto adjusting length.

Dudeman0112 and Adam Ng like this.
  3. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I have one and I absolutely love it. No hesitation, just buy one.

4. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

How does the point advance mechanism work? 2 handed twist? If so, that would make it a deal-breaker for me.

5. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Knurling seems to make 1 handed twist to open operation fairly easy. Jump to 0:55 timemark in the video.

ATB,
    Sam

chaosmagnet and RMinNJ like this.
  6. Sachsen

Sachsen Loaded Pockets

For me, it's possible to twist it open with one hand, but it is difficult. The twist is fairly tight with the o-ring, although it has gotten a little less so with use. I still normally twist it open with two hands just for ease of use.

It is such a fantastic EDC pen. Perfect size, perfect weight and balance, the knurling on the grip feels great, the black finish on mine looks awesome, and you can fit dozens and dozens of different refills in it. I have a Pilot Juice Up (not the Juice, the Juice Up is a slightly modified and upgraded version) 0.4mm black in mine; it fits perfectly and I love the tip which is a cone/needlepoint hybrid, and the refill plastic is black instead of clear which matches the black finish on my Pocket Pro.

The three pens I carry with me to work every single day are my Pocket Pro, my Fisher Cap-o-Matic, and my Platinum Preppy. All workhorse pens that I have no qualms about throwing into a pocket or a bag or a drawer. The Pocket Pro is now my favorite non-fountain pen. I also love the Ti Arto, but the twist Pocket Pro is so much more convenient than the capped Arto. Easier to EDC also since it's pocketable while the Ti Arto is pretty long.

If you don't have one, get one. You won't regret it.

7. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys, stonewashed version on the way!

Jeff

MKLight and Sachsen like this.
  8. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

First day on the job and this one proves itself to be comfortable for all day use. Even sized for EDC it handles well.

Jeff

MKLight, Sachsen and chaosmagnet like this.
  9. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Jeff

Sachsen and MKLight like this.
  10. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Any wiggle between the grip portion and the upper portion of the pen ?

11. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Not on mine. Feels super solid.

12. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Thanks.. i dont know if I would like the grip/rings/knurling on it.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  13. Sachsen

Sachsen Loaded Pockets

No wiggle whatsoever (responding to your earlier post.)

And the grip on mine feels really good. Very smooth. I don't know that I would want to write with it for hours, but for normal EDC use it feels great. Some of the best machined grooves I've ever felt.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  14. Flint HIlls

Thanks for all the responses!

I finally got around to ordering one. I can't wait to try it out!

I love the idea of using any refill I want without having to trim the refills, that the pen itself gets shorter with shorter refills and I love the looks. It's also fun that you can add a spacer to make the pen longer if you're using a short refill or trim down a longer refill to make the pen shorter. It's a great design.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  15. bj warkentin

bj warkentin Loaded Pockets

Another +1 for the pen... got mine a while ago and it is my go to edc pen. The shorter length makes for great pocket carry, it has no refill tip movement, no pen rattle, and I find it comfortable to write with. The texture on the grip is ridged, with a slight round over on the edges so it does not dig into your fingers. Personally, I wish it was available in a heavier material, like copper, but I like really heavy pens.

I find it a much better edc than the Ti Arto due to the size and not having to deal with posting a cap.

They hit a home run with this one.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  16. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

I bought one about a week ago. It's great. And, because the clip is so strong, I've clipped the pen horizontally to the iPhone 7+ I wear at my left hip. The holster sits horizontally and the pen sits parallel on the bottom, inside. I had clipped the pen to the top flap, but that caused 2 small scratches on the phone's glass from it contacting the pen as I walked.

17. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Their YouTube video claims that this pen is the "World's first titanium EDC pen". That is a blatant lie, and anyone who likes titanium and pens enough to make one has got to be aware for this.

Tesla and Moshe ben David like this.
  18. Flint HIlls

It came on Monday. Fantastic pen. It functions exactly as described. Feels great in the hand, nice and light. I've tried too many refills already to list and they all fit and work perfectly.

Right now I'm using a Pentel Energel needlepoint 0.5 in blue. I did trim some of the end off, not because it was necessary, just to make the pen shorter. I really like that the overall length of the pen changes dependent on the refill, so it isn't unnecessarily long.

This is a fantastic pen.

Sachsen and chaosmagnet like this.
  19. Sachsen

Sachsen Loaded Pockets

chaosmagnet likes this.
  20. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

I don’t know, not having tried one, but it looks like it’s not too long and not to big in diameter to fit, so I’d expect it to work just fine. If it’s a big deal to you before ordering the pen I could order the refill and try it out.