1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts about Bradley Alias

Discussion in 'Knives' started by ReadyFreddy23, Mar 31, 2008.

1. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I'm getting a Bradley Alias I soon (should be here in a week). What are your thoughts about the Alias I & II? I'm not looking for comparisons to CRK Sebenza just actual thoughts about these knives. Are they worth it? Will they last? Are you happy with ergonomics, fit and finish, blade?

2. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

I really like the look and overall design of the knife...and really really love the damascus pattern available...

3. ericb445

ericb445 Loaded Pockets

I have had Bradley II for two years now. It is in my EDC rotation, and it has served me well.
    If you want a Sebenza you should save up and get one. I love the Bradley II for what it is, a strong well made TI frame lock production knife that costs half of the Sebenza.
    But it is no Sebenza.
    -Eric

4. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

I've got the mayhem and it's well designed and executed. You should be well pleased.

Phil

5. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

I just got an Alias I on a trade from a fellow EDC'r. I really like it, it's well made. I just wished it was the Alias II, I like smaller knives.

6. ReadyFreddy23

Here's the deal. I bought (2) Benchmade Mini Skirmish knives from Sportsmans Warehouse for $105 each. I'm trading the Mini Skirmish I've been EDC'ing for over a month for a Brand New Bradley Alias I.

7. Button

Button Empty Pockets

ReadyFreddy, That sounds like a great trade. I would love to have a Bradley Atlas I but $$ are tight.

8. ReadyFreddy23

Just received my Bradley Alias I last night. Wow! O0 This knife is awesome. For some reason, I thought Benchmade owned Bradley Cutlery. It seems that Benchmade just makes these knives for Bradley Cutlery. Great knife made in the USA with a titanium framelock and S30V blade. It's going to make a great compliment to my Skirmish and Mini Skirmish.

Right now, I have 4 titanium framelock's clipped to my pockets. (Benchmade Skirmish, Mini Skirmish, Bradley Alias, and Kershaw Tyrade)

The Bradley Alias is smooth when you open and close it. The framelock is solid. There's no blade play at all. The blue thumb stud and spacers are a nice addition. I need a lanyard for this beauty. The blade is extremely sharp.

I've never held a Chris Reeve Sebenza but I can't imagine it being much better than this.

9. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the new knife.

I've held both the Alias and Sebenza. Both are well made, sharp cutters. Neither excited me. This is no bash on either knife, just my personal preferences in knives. That I like my Mayhem may then seem contradictory as it's very similar to the Alias. In the case of the mayhem, it comes down to the limiting factors of balisong design. I feel the Mayhem almost perfectly balanced the trade-offs inherent in Bali design and execution. The ONLY thing I would change on the Mayhem would be to use a scale on top of the titanium frames. Metal handles are a negative in my opinion. I'm also not a fan of framelocks nor hollow grinds. Which should answer why I don't get excited about the Alias or Sebenza, good as they are.

Phil

10. ReadyFreddy23

phatch,

What is it about framelocks that you don't like? Are you a lefty?

I know what you're saying about metal handled knives. I'm not a fan of the polished steel handles (ie Spyderco) because they feel slippery. But, the titanium handles on the Bradley Alias, Benchmade Skirmish, and Kershaw Tyrade all feel like there's a very fine grit on them.

I wish there was a place that I could hold a Sebenza and the Alias together and really see and feel the differences. I'm just not sure the Sebenza could be twice as good to justify the price for me. Someday, if money is no object, I'll buy a Sebenza. In the meantime, the Alias is a fantastic knife.